Disney Infinity musings

1/2 price sale at TRU Friday. Haven't got my Infinity yet but what figures do you guys recommend? Are the disks necessary for a toy box mode only gamer?

Any places with sales this weekend? I am looking for a Buy 1 Get 1 or a Buy 2 Get 1 or any discounts on accessories!

Last night at a special D23 screening of Maleficent, John Vignocchi from DI revealed some new information about Disney Infinity 2.0:

- Merida Character Figure
- Maleficent (movie version) Character Figure

I'm not really thrilled. Both characters are supposedly Toy Box only which means there aren't any Disney playsets, just Marvel. There are rumors of Donald Duck and Tinker Bell being additional characters. What do you guys think?

Last night at a special D23 screening of Maleficent, John Vignocchi from DI revealed some new information about Disney Infinity 2.0:

- Merida Character Figure
- Maleficent (movie version) Character Figure

I'm not really thrilled. Both characters are supposedly Toy Box only which means there aren't any Disney playsets, just Marvel. There are rumors of Donald Duck and Tinker Bell being additional characters. What do you guys think?

I'm excited for a Merida Figure, since she's my favourite Princess. I wish there would be a Disney Playset though, not just Marvel.

New Info from Disney Infinity/John Vignocchi today...

- The original Infinity base (from the version we have now) will be compatible with 2.0

- They are looking into having a digital download for those with 1.0 to get the new game

- "Different options" will be available for current 1.0 players

- More playsets and games are still being kept secret; DI specifically said that this will include Disney - "We haven't forgotten our classic Disney fans."

- 2.0 will be released in the fall

- Toy Box "game discs" will be something new and each will be themed to a different Disney franchise

- The discs that come with the Marvel starter pack will be Marvel themed

- There are two new Toy Box games that come with the Marvel starter pack: Dungeon Crawler & Tower Defense

Happy Disney Infinity Day! Crystal Agent P is out at TRU! :cool1:

Update: Some stores are selling it while others won't until June 8, 9, or 10th. Thoroughly frustrated. Ugh.

Crystal Agent P is officially out and in the flyer. There is a sale on all figures: 3 for $35.

Pre-sales for DI 2.0 character figures are up on TRU.com. Also, more details regarding what will be available were released last night. My favorite? A Main Street Electrical Parade Power Disc!!!!!!!!!!!

TRU has these listed for Presale

DI 2.0 Starter set for Xbox 360, Wii U, Xbox One and PS4

Figures
Spider-Man PlaySet with Spider-Man, Nova and World disc.
Nick Fury
Venom
Captain America
Iron Fist
Hawkeye

Promo, FREE Marvel Super Heroes Figure with purchase of Starter Set

I did not see Merida or Maleficent there...yet.

Getting excited about it.

I think the new Spider-Man set is cool, but I wish they had more of the classic Spider-Man characters instead of Iron Fist and Nova. Still neat though.

Today we got some very promising news for Infinity fans who don't like Marvel. Walmart has pre-orders up for Disney Infinity 2.0: Originals which is a starter pack plus characters like Tink, Donald Duck, and Stitch!

I went into Target today and they have the Xbox and Wii starter sets on for 39.00. The PS3 is still full price though :(.

I've preordered my Infinity 2.0 with my free Captain America figure... And the Spider-Man set and Hawkeye but who's counting? Lol! I'm getting super excited about this release I can't wait to play it! I even ordered a new receiver so I can finally hook my PS3 up to my big screen and play Infinity there. Just 41 days left!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Target will have the Infinity original starter set on sale for $29.99 next week. Ad didn't mention specific systems, so I don't know if it is for all of them. No mention of figures or anything else.

It makes sense that the old one drops in price with the new one on the Horizon.

I know DI 2.0 isn't supposed to be out until next week, but our local Sam's Club had the 2.0 Avengers Starter Set for Xbox360 on the shelf for sale today. No other merchandise was out, just the 360 Avengers Starter Set. Zip code 28601 is where we are. :)

I know DI 2.0 isn't supposed to be out until next week, but our local Sam's Club had the 2.0 Avengers Starter Set for Xbox360 on the shelf for sale today. No other merchandise was out, just the 360 Avengers Starter Set. Zip code 28601 is where we are. :)

I wonder if they would sell it. Toys R Us is known to do things like that and then not allow you to purchase it. :confused3

From what I have seen on forums/Facebook is this is happening in random stores. If people try to purchase it, the cash registers won't allow it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter