Disney in the Malls

Hendlaw

Mouse Owned
Has there been any guidance as to the reopening of the mall stores yet? I am tired of trying to navigate the website for special release sales.

We only use the website - got some cute "monthly" mugs on sale - bought 4 of them
DH loves them

My email in March indicates it's until further notice, I haven't received any updates yet though

I believe that our malls reopened here, although I don't know if that meant every store. Unfortuantely our Disney Store was closed about a year ago so it's a non-issue here. I miss that store (and it wasn't closed due to poor sales - the mall refused to renew for them to make room for an H&M). I do miss it because shopping on the website isn't the same.

We went to our reopened mall yesterday, but many stores including Disney store were closed. I was thinking all Disney stores will open on 5/27 with Disney Springs Disney stores where allowed???

There was an article that mentioned this in the New York Times a couple weeks ago:

Some of the 312 Disney Store locations in the United States, Europe, Japan and China are on the cusp of reopening, including a few located in malls operated by Simon Property Group.

I went to my local mall on the day it opened just to walk around and see what’s going on. The vast majority of the stores were closed with some signage indicating that they were opening later in the week. Only one local Asian food stand was open in the food court. The shoe stores were open, but not much else. There wasn’t many people there when I went, I just took a lap around the mall and left.

The local outlet mall’s website indicates that the Disney Store will open “soon”, but they have that for all of the closed stores. The World of Disney store at Disney Springs opens on May 27, so I doubt any of the other ones will open before then. I’d guess the outdoor outlet stores will open before the mall stores.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!