Disney in June?

G-gang

Mouseketeer
This will be my family's first trip to the Magic Kingdom. We were orginally looking at going the first week of June (1st through 7th). 2 questions:

1: How busy are the parks during this time?

2: While reviewing www.wdwig.com, we discovered that June 3rd through the 9th is "Gay Week"- a NON-Disney sponsored event (125,000 + people). We were further warned NOT to go to the Magic Kingdom the evening of the 7th.

Has anybody been there during this time and has it been a problem? Our kids are 6, 8 and 11.

We often go the first week of June as that is the soonest we can go after school. The crowds aren't too bad--I usually check the on-line agenda for the festivities and adjust my schedule accordingly to miss the crowds.

We went during gay week 5 yrs ago and the most crowded was MK, I had never heard of this event before so we were surprised, even our maid warned us against going into MK on that day and to especially not to wear red!
It really depends on what you feel is comfortable for your kids to be exposed to. We never saw any inappropriate behavior and our kids were young enough not to really notice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter