Disney in January

tvarga1

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone!

My family and I have been to the WDW Resort over 15 times, but never have we visited during January. We are going January 8th-13th, and are so sad to find out that Splash Mountain will be closed for its annual refurbishment :(

Anyway, could anybody give us feedback about what it's like to be in WDW during this time in January? Hope it's not too cold! Thanks! :cool2:

In January 2013, the weather was beautiful. We were swimming and wearing shorts. In January 2014, when we went, it rained everyday for the majority of the day. We wore coats, scarfs, and gloves. AND, we are from New England. It's tricky in January!

January can be tricky weather-wise. I have been going every January for the past 4 years, and like the poster above me stated, last year it was FREEZING for the week I was there last year. I wore my winter coat from home and at night we had to wear scarves, gloves and hats. The years before that, it was beautiful weather, I would describe it as warm, not hot necessarily. I would suggest packing things you can layer, and definitely having some hoodies or sweaters in case it gets chilly at night.

Keep in mind you will be there over marathon weekend (the marathon is Sun 1/11 and ends in Epcot) so the crowds might be a little bit higher than normal Jan crowds. That being said, it still won't be as crowded as say a weekend in the middle of Summer.

Totally understand about Splash Mountain, as that is my family's favorite ride as well, but I am sure you will still have a blast and a magical time!

We went last January 3-9th. It was cold, a few days barely 40 degrees. So just be prepared in case you get a cold snap while you're there.

And crowd-wise, it wasn't too bad, but there were some South American tourists who were a little pushy and travelled in large numbers. It's a good time to go if you want to avoid heat and crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter