Disney in December?

Mommy Poppins

DIS Veteran
We have “almost” decided to make an unexpected trip to Disney World in December. My DH just returned from a 9 month deployment to Bosnia and with Disney’s current Armed Force Salute pricing, it would be crazy for us not to go. We have three children (7, 4 and 1) and our middle child will turn 5 while we are at Disney. I realize that this isn’t necessarily a “last minute” trip, but I usually spend about a year planning our Disney trips, so for me I feel like I am behind the eight ball! We were last at Disney for the millenium celebration in the fall of 2000.

Can all of you with great codes for rental cars please post them. We will definitely need a minivan and I prefer that we pick up the vehicle at the airport.

Also, we are seriously considering the MVMCP for my son’s birthday. We have never been to Disney at Christmas before, so please also list your favorite “do not miss” spots, events and things to see and do at Disney in December.

Thanks!! I'm so excited!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Hello Mommy Poppins...WELCOME to the DIS!!! :):)

And happy day to you ,you're hubby is back home safe and sound!!! :) I'm a former military wife so I feel for you!!!

December is a wonderful time to visit WDW!The weather is nice,sometimes chilly at night ,but that's okay it makes it feel Christmasy!

I would defeinitely plan on doing MVMCP.It's a great way to tour the MK without worrying about lines. If you go make sure you get your complimentry photo taken to remember the party.

A don't miss are the Osbourne lights at MGM.This is totally amazing! Be sure to dawn the free 3d glasses that are available along the street for an extra special surprise! :smooth:

Country Bears in the MK decks Bear Hall with bows of holly for a special Christmas show that is always on my to do list.

Take time to visit some of the resorts.Each one is decorated beautifully, carrying out the theme of the resort.GF has a huge ginger bread house on display.

Epcot WS will take you to holiday celebrations from around the globe.The lighted archway between FW and WS is breath taking!

Here's a link to info we have here at the DIS about Christmas.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/index.htm#xm

WDW is enchanting no matter what time of the year but at Christmas even more so! You and yours will have a fabulous holiday trip!!!

Thanks Baloo! Although, I'm not really new to The DIS! I just haven't been here for awhile. It's been kind of busy at my house and I didn't thing I'd be planning trip t Disney for awhile! Glad to say, I might have been wrong!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter