Disney Images for Silhouette Cameo?

PirateD

DIS Veteran
I just got a Silhouette Cameo this weekend! I'm super excited and have big plans for making all sorts of things for our upcoming trip in December! I have been experimenting with it all weekend and watching some YouTube tutorials but I'm having some trouble tracing clip art to get the images I would like to have. I'm sure it takes practice and experience but I think some of it has to do with the quality of the image. While looking for images, I also ended up at a few sites that seemed a little questionable as far as wanting me to click on a free "cleaning" for my Mac and contests. I was hoping that some Disers might have some suggestions of trusted sources for quality images.

I'm starting to worry that maybe I made the wrong decision and should have gone with a Cricut with their Disney cartridges. I've heard such great things about the Silhouette so maybe I just need to be a little patient and play around with it more. I love all of the Silhouette designs and I'm finding plenty in their store to keep me busy. I just need that Disney side to my crafts too! :earsgirl:

Last edited:
You just need to be very patient and it takes practice. I have a lot of friends who traced coloring pages until they got the hang of it and then went to clipart and broken them apart.

Don't ever as I know you already know download anything "cleaning" to your computer...

I like www.misskatecuttables.com not alot of Disney, per say due to contracts I'm sure, but she does have several that can be used for your pages.

Any questions just ask and I'm sure one of use could point you in the right direction for some free svg files.

Thanks, @PrincessNancy96! I decided that I should probably slow down a little and just start with some of the basics. I made a really cute 4th of July banner yesterday and had some fun with some of their downloads. ;)

Thank you for the link. I will definitely check that out. For the coloring book pages, do you usually scan those or download them?

I would be very grateful for any free svg files. Is Pinterest a good place to look for some of those?

I'm feeling much better about my purchase and think I'm going to love the silhouette! It seems like there are so many possibilities! :earsgirl:

I have friends that scan images and some that will find them on the web.

Pinterest is a good place to look too. You can type in a name and some are purchase files and some are freebies.. I'm all about the freebies... There are many talented individuals that make files and share them. So my hint is to always look for the free files first.

You will love your silhouette. It's all a learning experience.. I'm still learning new things with my silhouette..

I just google whatever I'm looking for, save it, and import it to my silhouette library. You will have some trial and error, but it does get easier!
This was my first try at something Disney-ish when I first got started:

I've had mine for a year and a half, and learn something new every time i use it.

That's a great first start @xlsm! My first try didn't even make it to the cut. I was trying to trace an image of Tinkerbell, but her feet wouldn't trace so I only had half a Tink! :confused3 Maybe I will try a castle to start too! Thanks for the encouragement!

Thank you so much @dgthree for those links! I'm excited because there are some great images on them! I have downloaded a Mickey dingbat font and will give it a try!

I have been busy with my Silhouette, but so far no Disney yet. I was able to successfully trace a batman symbol for a cape a superhero cape so I'm learning as I go. :thumbsup2 I have made some cute Popsicle banners for summer and money gift envelopes for grad parties. Can't wait to give the Disney images a try next! :earsgirl:

I found a blog on Pinterest with some free Disney files. Here is the link here for anyone else who may be interested. https://thecraftymamablog.wordpress.com/category/silhouette-cameo-projects/

Ive had a silhouette of some sort since 2008. Ive only recently started tracing images but I do like to do a google search for coloring pages and start from there. I haven't advanced from there as far as tracing, yet! I do also use inkscape sometimes to try and trace things.

Lately Ive just been using SVGs created by others! Hopefully some day I'll get to the point where I am that good!

Ive had a silhouette of some sort since 2008. Ive only recently started tracing images but I do like to do a google search for coloring pages and start from there. I haven't advanced from there as far as tracing, yet! I do also use inkscape sometimes to try and trace things.

Lately Ive just been using SVGs created by others! Hopefully some day I'll get to the point where I am that good!

I will have to look into inkscape. I hadn't heard of it before and just googled it. It's good to hear what others are using.:thumbsup2

I just google whatever I'm looking for, save it, and import it to my silhouette library. You will have some trial and error, but it does get easier!
This was my first try at something Disney-ish when I first got started:
Love your Arkansas! Do you have this file or can you share how you did it? Thanks!

Love your Arkansas! Do you have this file or can you share how you did it? Thanks!

It's actually the font StateFace sized up really big, I can't remember the number though!
I just played around with the size until it looked right to me, then layered the castle shape on top, and cut it! You can probably also just find a state file online somewhere that is easier to size, depending on your project. I really like the StateFace font and have used it for several things...I made my husband a US map with each state cut out of scrapbook paper and used this font for my state shapes so I didn't have to find files of each individual state.

I just got a Silhouette Cameo this weekend! I'm super excited and have big plans for making all sorts of things for our upcoming trip in December! I have been experimenting with it all weekend and watching some YouTube tutorials but I'm having some trouble tracing clip art to get the images I would like to have. I'm sure it takes practice and experience but I think some of it has to do with the quality of the image. While looking for images, I also ended up at a few sites that seemed a little questionable as far as wanting me to click on a free "cleaning" for my Mac and contests. I was hoping that some Disers might have some suggestions of trusted sources for quality images.

I'm starting to worry that maybe I made the wrong decision and should have gone with a Cricut with their Disney cartridges. I've heard such great things about the Silhouette so maybe I just need to be a little patient and play around with it more. I love all of the Silhouette designs and I'm finding plenty in their store to keep me busy. I just need that Disney side to my crafts too! :earsgirl:

We have both the silhouette and the circuit and i'm in love with the silhouette! Once I got the hang of it, I'm having no trouble layering things and making things in a flash. Maybe it's because I didn't feel the circuit was as versatile as the silhouette. I also prefer the ease of obtaining, uploading, and completing files from online as well as the monthly account credit with the silhouette!

We have both the silhouette and the circuit and i'm in love with the silhouette! Once I got the hang of it, I'm having no trouble layering things and making things in a flash. Maybe it's because I didn't feel the circuit was as versatile as the silhouette. I also prefer the ease of obtaining, uploading, and completing files from online as well as the monthly account credit with the silhouette!

I have gotten the hang of it too now and totally agree! I love, love, love the Silhouette! I was able to make some fun window decorations for our trip that were a mix of Disney and Christmas using both patterns from the Silhouette store and some of my own images and tracings. I really love all of the seasonal decorations that I can make with it. Too much fun!!!

That's a great first start @xlsm! My first try didn't even make it to the cut. I was trying to trace an image of Tinkerbell, but her feet wouldn't trace so I only had half a Tink! :confused3 Maybe I will try a castle to start too! Thanks for the encouragement!

When I have something that won't trace, I found it's because the colors are too similar. I use paint.net and select things by turning the hardness up/down. This guarantees that my magic wand only selects one color; and selects the entire color (especially if it's outlined!). I have no idea what the equivalent of this is in other programs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter