Disney Iceland Excursion Question

Brendan Glynn

Earning My Ears
I am looking for anyone who has been on both the Ring of Fire Tour and the Golden Circle Tour? Is there one that is recommended more over the other? Both look great.

We have a Norway/Iceland DCL cruise this summer and I've been doing a lot of research about the tours as well.

There's not a lot of reviews so I'd be interested in the replies you receive. :)

We decided to do a private long combination tour of Golden Circle and South Coast. I figured with so little time, this would be a good introductory to lots of places. I hope we're not too exhausted by the end of it.

I can't tell you about either of those specific tours, but when we went a couple of years ago we rented a car in advance and did similar things on our own. My husband drove Golden Circle on the first day and we saw some volcanos the second day. I preferred Day 1 with the Geysers and Waterfalls, but mostly because the Volcano craters were more spread out so there was less to see. Research both of them online and see which one is of more interest to you. Iceland is amazing! You'll have a wonderful time.

I am looking for anyone who has been on both the Ring of Fire Tour and the Golden Circle Tour? Is there one that is recommended more over the other? Both look great.

I did the DCL Golden Circle tour in 2016 when I did the Norway/Iceland/Scotland cruise. It made for a long day, but was well worth it. All the sites were on my bucket list and it was crazy that it was still light at 10pm at night. I decided to do the Golden Circle because it had the main waterfall I wanted to see, as well as the other sites(Gullfoss, Thingvellir, Geyser). I would suggest choosing the tour that has the most sites you want to see. I actually wanted to do both, but Ring of Fire was only offered on one of the Reykjavik port days. I also wanted to do the Blue Lagoon, so that won out over the other tour. I was surprised by how much I loved Iceland. If I ever make it back there is still a lot I want to see that I didn’t the first time. Good luck in your decision. One of my table mates did both, one each day and they thoroughly enjoyed both tours.

Thanks abdgeek. Fortunately, we are already doing Blue Lagoon based on a recommendation from a colleague who highly recommended it. I think we will go with Golden Circle for day two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!