Disney Honeymoon

Mel*Pie

Mouseketeer
Hello all!

I'll preface this by saying that I stalked some of Carrie's posts and blog years ago, especially everything having to do with cake and dessert parties! lol.

So, while there is no plan for a Disney wedding at this time (or anything other than going to the courthouse, for now) we ARE planning a Disney honeymoon! I am beyond excited.

Is there a honeymoon specific board or is it okay if I post questions here? I want to make the most of having a uniquely Disney honeymoon and taking advantage of everything available to us. For example, can we do in-park photography without a wedding?

I've already made note of Carrie's patented chocolate ganache-peanut butter buttercream frosting (NOT mousse) cake combo because, you know, priorities, lol

Hey there! I'm getting married in Disney in 2018 :). Congrats!

You can do photos if you are not getting married in Disney in wedding attire. There are SO many other options, though. Randy Chapman did our engagement photos at the GF, and we got tons of amazing ones with the castle in the background.

Disney photography is kind of expensive, and they are the ones you pay to do your in park photos. There are also some photographers that will go into the parks. However, there will be other guests there, and you will not be able to wear a wedding gown.

Congrats! I was a Disney Cruise Line bride and we honeymooned at Disneyland, but I think I can still give you some honeymooning advice at WDW since it's more what I'm familiar with anyhow!

-For pics, as above poster said there are LOTS of options for photos! If you want to be in park I believe it'll have to be through Disney Fine Arts Photography. We had our Engagement photos done through them at Epcot and a shoot at Magic Kingdom as well immediately following our wedding (we actually opted NOT to do wedding attire and instead just dressed in very nice clothes- pics turned out GREAT!) We did this because we still had out at-home reception a few weeks later and I didn't want to chance damage to my dress before that event. : ) Magic Kingdom will be significantly more expensive than other parks, but being there when the park was empty was a once in a lifetime experience for me and I don't regret the price at all!

If you want to do a shoot at one of the amazing resorts you have a lot more options for photographers, though, so that's up to you!

Other things to think about when planning a honeymoon:

-Make sure it is noted on your hotel and dining reservations that you are on your honeymoon! Of course pixie dust is never a given, but you might find yourselves being treated to a dessert here or there ; )

-If you want, get bride and groom mickey/ minnie ears! Not only are they fun to wear and a great momento, but they seem to attract pixie dust! DH and I were given priority seating and a Magical Moments certificate for the beauty and the beast show at Hollywood Studios!

-if you want to splurge on a little surprise for your spouse, you could order a gift basket or a cake from Disney Floral and Gifts to be delivered to the room!

-Finally, make sure to get celebration buttons for free at city hall on your first day so everyone knows you're on your honeymoon! They make a great souvenir too!

Hey there! I'm getting married in Disney in 2018 :). Congrats!

You can do photos if you are not getting married in Disney in wedding attire. There are SO many other options, though. Randy Chapman did our engagement photos at the GF, and we got tons of amazing ones with the castle in the background.

Disney photography is kind of expensive, and they are the ones you pay to do your in park photos. There are also some photographers that will go into the parks. However, there will be other guests there, and you will not be able to wear a wedding gown.

Congratulations! I really have to look into my photography options, since we're not having a wedding, I really want special photos of us to look back on.

Congrats! I was a Disney Cruise Line bride and we honeymooned at Disneyland, but I think I can still give you some honeymooning advice at WDW since it's more what I'm familiar with anyhow!

-For pics, as above poster said there are LOTS of options for photos! If you want to be in park I believe it'll have to be through Disney Fine Arts Photography. We had our Engagement photos done through them at Epcot and a shoot at Magic Kingdom as well immediately following our wedding (we actually opted NOT to do wedding attire and instead just dressed in very nice clothes- pics turned out GREAT!) We did this because we still had out at-home reception a few weeks later and I didn't want to chance damage to my dress before that event. : ) Magic Kingdom will be significantly more expensive than other parks, but being there when the park was empty was a once in a lifetime experience for me and I don't regret the price at all!

If you want to do a shoot at one of the amazing resorts you have a lot more options for photographers, though, so that's up to you!

Other things to think about when planning a honeymoon:

-Make sure it is noted on your hotel and dining reservations that you are on your honeymoon! Of course pixie dust is never a given, but you might find yourselves being treated to a dessert here or there ; )

-If you want, get bride and groom mickey/ minnie ears! Not only are they fun to wear and a great momento, but they seem to attract pixie dust! DH and I were given priority seating and a Magical Moments certificate for the beauty and the beast show at Hollywood Studios!

-if you want to splurge on a little surprise for your spouse, you could order a gift basket or a cake from Disney Floral and Gifts to be delivered to the room!

-Finally, make sure to get celebration buttons for free at city hall on your first day so everyone knows you're on your honeymoon! They make a great souvenir too!

Thank you for all that information! We'll definitely be identifiable as newlyweds... pins, ears, shirts! There will also be cake! lol

Congratulations! I really have to look into my photography options, since we're not having a wedding, I really want special photos of us to look back on.

I highly, highly, highly recommend Randy if you want to do a resort session. :) He really let us be ourselves, and when I got my pictures back, they were a great reflection of us.

With DFAP, I agree with PP about all of them looking staged. However, if the in park photos in the parks are important to you when the park is closed, they are your go to. An in park photo session will run you about $2100 through Disney.

I highly, highly, highly recommend Randy if you want to do a resort session. :) He really let us be ourselves, and when I got my pictures back, they were a great reflection of us.

With DFAP, I agree with PP about all of them looking staged. However, if the in park photos in the parks are important to you when the park is closed, they are your go to. An in park photo session will run you about $2100 through Disney.

Thank you! I will look into those options :)

Thanks, Carrie! I'm off to take a listen! :music:

Do you know of any examples of outside photographers doing in-park photos with whatever the current policy is? Even if it's during park operating hours.

Yes, it just depends on the outside photographer. Some of the ones who do a lot of Disney weddings won't do it because they don't want to tick off DFTW. But others are OK with it. MK has no official policy prohibiting it, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter