Disney Haunted Mansion Help needed

DisneyFairytale

DIS Veteran
Our new Pirates of the Carribean House finished! so here we go. I have now finished re-decorating our pirates of the carribean theme home. It's been a lot of fun and it screams disney but its not overwhelming and it looks fun and still mature for the adult crowd. Very excited to have finished it. If anyone is interested in seeing pictures, let us know.

We are now working on the spare bedroom, and we cannot seem to get enough ideas together to get this one done. My fiance LOVES the haunted mansion, and being my second favorite ride, I thought it would be great to make that room Disney Haunted Mansion as the theme of the room. Being the rest of the house is Pirates of the Carribean, it would be a smooth transition(hopefully) for one room to another.

We are heading out to the dollar store and know they have some great items like older styled candle holders and black and orange ribbons, but what are some things that I could get or even hand make to make it DISNEY's haunted mansion and not some halloween room?

Appreciate all the help, will post pictures of what we get this evening as I find things to put in.

We started a Haunted Mansion offices many years ago. Then we got distracted doing other projects and taking Disney trips and still haven't finished. We got laptops that we keep upstairs and the basement project is kind of out of sight out of mind. I have told my DH that we have to get back to finishing the basement. Here is the link to what we started.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1576493

Hopefully you will get some more great ideas from other Disers and it will inspire us to finish our project too. I wish this board was more active... Please post any updates and/or photos.

PS - I (and others) can't see any of your photos on your other post.

here's concept art from Disney on a Haunted Mansion room

http://www.diszine.com/content/disney-world-considering-haunted-mansion-and-royal-themed-rooms

haunted-mansion-room.jpg

Also you can buy the wallpaper found in the foyer at the Disneyland HM at Bradbury & Bradbury - we used it in our powder room and everyone loves it

Here's more info:

It is called:
Lily-Dresser Tradition II
Color code: LYW-210
Color Series: Terra Cotta/Burgundy

It is available through:
Bradbury & Bradbury Art Wallpapers
P.O. Box 155
Benicia, CA 94510
(707) 746-1900
Fax: (707) 745-9417
or visit them at: www.bradbury.com.

Oh my gosh this is incredible! Thank you for the post! We've made a lot of progress on the room since last week, but I can't seem to find ways to make it truly DISNEY. It just looks creepy at this point. We still to re-arrange and put up the picture frames. I've searched on ebay to see what else I can find that screams Disney, but this is harder than I thought it would!

Pictures to come(hubby didn't let me post photos of our home, but will post pictures of the haunted mansion bedroom).

here's concept art from Disney on a Haunted Mansion room

http://www.diszine.com/content/disney-world-considering-haunted-mansion-and-royal-themed-rooms

haunted-mansion-room.jpg

Also you can buy the wallpaper found in the foyer at the Disneyland HM at Bradbury & Bradbury - we used it in our powder room and everyone loves it

Here's more info:

It is called:
Lily-Dresser Tradition II
Color code: LYW-210
Color Series: Terra Cotta/Burgundy

It is available through:
Bradbury & Bradbury Art Wallpapers
P.O. Box 155
Benicia, CA 94510
(707) 746-1900
Fax: (707) 745-9417
or visit them at: www.bradbury.com.

Love it!!!

We started a Haunted Mansion offices many years ago. Then we got distracted doing other projects and taking Disney trips and still haven't finished. We got laptops that we keep upstairs and the basement project is kind of out of sight out of mind. I have told my DH that we have to get back to finishing the basement. Here is the link to what we started.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1576493

Hopefully you will get some more great ideas from other Disers and it will inspire us to finish our project too. I wish this board was more active... Please post any updates and/or photos.

PS - I (and others) can't see any of your photos on your other post.

Your wall is AMAZING!!! I just love it!!

Sorry everyone :guilty: I had to put the bedroom on hold, I flooded our house with our 100 gallon fish tank!!:scared1: there is A LOT of damage and are still going through all the renos :headache:

Will take step by step pictures once at least our carpets get replaced. Thanks for the patience.

I know....it has been DEVASTATING. And Im not even sure yet that the insurance will cover it.

A new update from yesterday, the moisture has still not come out, so because of that, it looks like our second bathroom might have to be ripped out. If thats the case, I will literally have to sell the house just to cover the expenses :guilty:

Will keep you posted. I am determined to have this all work out and work through it all the best we can. Stresses are super high right now.

oh my goodness. Are you planning to replace your fish tank? What happened to all the fish?

I love your wall, and I am amazed at your talent.

Well luckily, we had not yet added live rock or fish yet to the tank. We were in the settling down stages of the tank still at that point. I barely a week away from doing that.

We are still dealing with the adjusters coming in and who is going to do what repairs and how, and who is paying for them etc.

Appreciate all the support I've had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter