Disney Has the Best Chicken Nuggets Ever! - Update Dump - Finally Completed!

I can't tell you how happy I am to see you back on the DIS, and finishing this TR, no less! I hope planning your upcoming trip goes smooth, and you have a wonderful time with lots of magic, and that you come back to tell us all about it!!

I know you felt like the Magic was gone, but it does seem like you had a good trip. If anything you got a TON done. Based on your pre-trip report I think you’ll be able to enjoy this time around with just you five. Thanks for finishing the TR I enjoyed reading along.

Thanks for the wrap up! Traveling with 3 kids is a challenge in itself, but having to deal with extended family, too, is even more difficult! I hope your next trip is full of magic!

Thanks for stopping by. Michelle is a much better writer than I. She did a really good job putting the trip together for Gia.
You did a fine job yourself!

Rain had to have helped.
::yes::

We usually end up her too. I have enjoyed the BBQ sandwich a few times.
I just don't get the hate... I mean it certainly does plenty of business, but it's usually not as highly regarded, and we had no complaints about our meals there. I guess it just isn't as exciting as everything else in WS.

Hey Andy!

Welcome back to the DIS! I can definitely relate to the feeling of getting a new position and having much less free time. And also about losing a bit of the magic when having to plan/deal with a large group. But we also can't hit a grand slam every time we come to the plate.

I'm glad to hear your little guy is hanging in there. Also glad to hear he's driving you a little nuts, because that's what toddlers are supposed to do.

I just got back from a trip myself so I'm late responding to you, but I've missed hearing from you. See you around.
It's good to be back. Thanks for reading the wrap up although it certainly wasn't expected. I've definitely missed the interaction with everyone here and giving you crap throughout your TRs in real time.

That's a really good plan. It's really nice that your oldest 2 can now help with the planning.
Well, at the very least they can tell us what they like.

I hope you got some too.
I always get my share. Even if it means eating half of it before they know I got it... :rolleyes1

How frustrating! We love the convenience of the Magic Band but when it doesn't work everything comes to a halt.
Ain't that the truth...

Thank you for sharing and completing your trip. I really enjoyed it.
Thanks for following along!

I'm really glad you decided to finish your TR! Better late than never I say. The pictures with Mickey and the ones in the front of the castle were so great. You have some cute kiddos!
Thanks!

Wow, you wrapped up this TR quickly! Good for you!
Well, it just took making myself sit down and getting it done. Wasn't too bad once I found the pictures and notes and just had to put it together.

I read your updates the day after you posted them, but didn't have a chance to comment right away... so here we go!
Honestly, wasn't expecting anybody to read or comment at this point, but I certainly appreciate the effort.

It's good you enjoyed one last ride on GMR since it's now gone. I was a bit sad to see it go. I'm not sure why as it wasn't a favorite of mine - perhaps because it's been a HS staple during our sister vacations? I hope the new ride is fun!
It's always been a special one to me. Never a favorite, but a lot of memories. The first time I ever rode it was when the park first opened. And I didn't sleep very well that night. It scared the crap out of me. Between the gangster highjacking the tram and the alien coming out of the ceiling... I guess I was a chickensh… little kid. Kind of one of those things I'd always remember and chuckle about every time I rode it since then.

Wow, so many rides on TSM! Even with missing out on the final FP+, three rides in one day is great!
::yes:: Hoping for the same magic on this coming trip!

That's too bad that Fantasmic was rained out! The same thing happened to my mom and I on our 2016 trip, which I think my mom was disappointed about. I like seeing Fantasmic once per trip, but I always liked the other nighttime entertainment a bit more. (Now that the nighttime entertainment will be completely different on my next trip, we'll see if my favorites change!)
We really like Fantasmic. It is DW's favorite. Mine was Wishes... now they're all just kind of ok. I'm not sure we'll prioritize late night shows and probably be in the room fairly early most evenings. On our trip coming up we're getting the Fantasmic dining package at breakfast, but it's more so that we can see the Disney Jr characters for LG and get the other 2 signed up for JTA before the park opens and then head to Toy Story. If the day goes well and we stay for Fantasmic, we have the passes. If we decide we need to make it an early evening, so be it...

I'm glad your kids had a great time meeting Mickey Mouse. That character meet was my most awkward as a single adult in 2016 - I think it's a meet that's better with kids. I think Mickey wasn't sure what to talk about with just an adult and it was a very rushed meet! I had excellent experiences with a multitude of other characters (Chip and Dale, Russell and Dug, even the princesses!), so perhaps it was just a one-off with this particular Mickey.
I could see that being a little bit awkward. I mean the mouse is very corporate so he probably only has a limited script he can work from and some of it just might not work well for a 1 on 1 setting with an adult...

Hooray for everyone enjoying Splash Mountain! I'm glad you explained that your daughter loved Splash - she looks quite unsure in the photo! :laughing: Your son, though, looks quite overjoyed! I'm sure they'll love it even more in July. :goodvibes
Oh yeah... she enjoyed it. After the fact. And she wants to ride it 5 times when we go this summer.

We'll see :rolleyes1

That's a shame about the melty ice cream! I'm glad you had a much better experience on your last night!
I always like ice cream. Especially in Disney World. I was disappointed with the fact that they didn't do anything to make up for the issues the evening before, but it's kind of one of those things. Technology was the cause of the problem, not the CM's... just wish they'd have helped us out a little bit.

Thank you for your report! I know you felt the end was rushed, but I'm really impressed that you finished it. Onward to happier Disney trips! :D
It was rushed, but thank you for reading along!

I can't tell you how happy I am to see you back on the DIS, and finishing this TR, no less! I hope planning your upcoming trip goes smooth, and you have a wonderful time with lots of magic, and that you come back to tell us all about it!!
I'm glad to be back. I wish I'd have come back sooner. One of these days when I get a little more caught up on the Disney World side of things, I'm looking forward to reading about your Viking Cruise!

Trying to catch up as usual!! hope to hear more about your next trip!
I'll share as I can in my PTR. Thanks for following along!

I know you felt like the Magic was gone, but it does seem like you had a good trip. If anything you got a TON done. Based on your pre-trip report I think you’ll be able to enjoy this time around with just you five. Thanks for finishing the TR I enjoyed reading along.
It was good. I don't mean to sound too negative, because we did have a good time. I just felt a little bit overwhelmed as I was constantly answering questions and doing things in the app for everyone. It just kind of got to the point that it wore on me. But we always go with the mindset that we want to make the most of our time there. We spend a lot of money to go to Disney World and it isn't like we are going back next month so we always want to maximize our time there. It might be that mindset that really puts the pressure on with the planning process and maybe that makes it worse. I'm trying to be a little more chill and build in some downtime this summer. But then we tried to plan for an early afternoon back at the hotel on our AK day and the FP availability has already screwed that up. :faint:

Thanks for the wrap up! Traveling with 3 kids is a challenge in itself, but having to deal with extended family, too, is even more difficult! I hope your next trip is full of magic!
Thanks!

Hi Andy

Great to hear updates on your life and so pleased to hear of LG's progress. That's fantastic. You certainly don't need to ask forgiveness from anyone. I totally understand how work and family priorities get in the way of writing.

It's great to see DD and DS enjoying the bigger rides so much. Your family photos are so lovely. Such great memories long after any frustrations of a trip.

That is so frustrating with the ice creams. They should really take payment first and then get the order ready. I'm sure you are not the first person to have a problem with a magic band. Ice cream soup is not great but cones are even worse.

That's fabulous you are going back this summer as a family of 5. It will be so much more relaxed. I had hoped to return this summer. My eldest is at uni doing nursing and we hoped we would find out whether she would be doing a placement during our summer holiday period or not. She didn't get the details of her stream until the end of November and by then the Free Dining offer had ended. Frustratingly she is off most of the summer period so we could have gone. I'll get back one of these years.

Well done for finishing your trip report. I've enjoyed reading it!

Hi, Andy! It's good to see you back here! (And it's good to be back, myself!) I just got caught up, so I'll head over to your new PTR soon. Glad to hear that your LG is doing mostly well, and that you're on a path to rediscovering the magic. I think a break every once in a while is healthy, both from WDW, and from the Dis. Loved your updates and pictures (and didn't find they felt sub-par or rushed at all!) Your children are beautiful, and the pictures you posted of the three of them in front of the castle are wonderful!

All caught up and loved the strong finish to your report. I know how hard it an be to do any reading or writing at all when things get crazy and busy at home and work. But, all in all, you had a great finish to your trip with some good family time. Hiccups are inevitable, but you did pretty good and tackling those with good snacks and good RS/FP use.

Let us know if you start another TR; I'll be there if you do, Andy! :)

Thanks for the trip wrap up! It was fun to see the ride photos, some of your kids' expressions on the coasters were hilarious. And now that you shared this recap with us, it'll be entertaining for all of us to see how much the kids have changed/grown if you decide to write a report for your summer trip!

Hi Andy

Great to hear updates on your life and so pleased to hear of LG's progress. That's fantastic. You certainly don't need to ask forgiveness from anyone. I totally understand how work and family priorities get in the way of writing.
Thank you!
It's great to see DD and DS enjoying the bigger rides so much. Your family photos are so lovely. Such great memories long after any frustrations of a trip.
That's the truth... The highlights are what we always remember and keep with us.
That is so frustrating with the ice creams. They should really take payment first and then get the order ready. I'm sure you are not the first person to have a problem with a magic band. Ice cream soup is not great but cones are even worse.
Well, it is a good system in that they have people preparing it as it is ordered, so in theory, it should be ready just after you get done with the cashier. Typically it is. But one hiccup in the system and soup.
That's fabulous you are going back this summer as a family of 5. It will be so much more relaxed. I had hoped to return this summer. My eldest is at uni doing nursing and we hoped we would find out whether she would be doing a placement during our summer holiday period or not. She didn't get the details of her stream until the end of November and by then the Free Dining offer had ended. Frustratingly she is off most of the summer period so we could have gone. I'll get back one of these years.
That's too bad that the details couldn't be worked out in a timely manner. We're definitely looking forward to a more scaled back visit this time around.
Well done for finishing your trip report. I've enjoyed reading it!
Thank you!
Hi, Andy! It's good to see you back here! (And it's good to be back, myself!) I just got caught up, so I'll head over to your new PTR soon. Glad to hear that your LG is doing mostly well, and that you're on a path to rediscovering the magic. I think a break every once in a while is healthy, both from WDW, and from the Dis. Loved your updates and pictures (and didn't find they felt sub-par or rushed at all!) Your children are beautiful, and the pictures you posted of the three of them in front of the castle are wonderful!
It's really been awesome to get back and start to catch up and reconnect with DisFriends. I'm sorry for having been away and getting so far behind. Thank you for the kind words!
All caught up and loved the strong finish to your report. I know how hard it an be to do any reading or writing at all when things get crazy and busy at home and work. But, all in all, you had a great finish to your trip with some good family time. Hiccups are inevitable, but you did pretty good and tackling those with good snacks and good RS/FP use.

Let us know if you start another TR; I'll be there if you do, Andy! :)
Thanks for the kind words. All in all, good memories were made. There were struggles, but ultimately, it's the fun and happy memories that stand out, right?
Thanks for the trip wrap up! It was fun to see the ride photos, some of your kids' expressions on the coasters were hilarious. And now that you shared this recap with us, it'll be entertaining for all of us to see how much the kids have changed/grown if you decide to write a report for your summer trip!
Oh wow... they have certainly grown! Looking at the pictures of LG from the end of this trip is just crazy! I'm not sure about a TR. I really want to get back and do one, but I've really not been able to stay as committed to keeping up here as I'd like. I've been trying though... we'll just have to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter