Disney Has the Best Chicken Nuggets Ever! - Update Dump - Finally Completed!

Oh My Goodness! That must have been so scary! Those things happen, especially when you have more than one kid. Glad to hear he is ok. But I can only image it was stressful!

Found this thread late and just caught up, but wanted to say I loved the pics of the older kids at the Living Seas sign, and the baby looking at the the characters - especial Minnie and Donald! (Glad to hear his appointments went well, too!)

:wave2:

Thanks for popping in and letting us know how things are going.

I'm so glad to hear LG has had such positive medical news. Sorry about the scare you had when he fell.

Please do not spend a moment worrying about catching up- this is supposed to fun, not pressure-inducing!

:grouphug:

Not sure how I missed this, sorry!

no appointments until next December unless we see something of concern.

Good news!

In less fun news, he gave us a scare last week and we got to go to the ER. He climbed up on his sister's bed and fell off backwards, hitting his head on the hardwood floor. He was unconscious for a few seconds and I was alone with the kids... parent of the year, right here.

It happens. It's just life. Most parents have similar stories.
Elle fell backwards off a play structure and hit her head in a similar fashion. I was right there, but it happened so fast and so... awkwardly, that I couldn't grab her in time.
I know of another Mom who let her kid roll off a washing machine and get wedged for a few minutes behind it.

Stuff happens.

he ended up being fine.

And that's a relief!

Thanks for catching us up. :)

Yikes! Any loss of consciousness is scary and yes, can lead to more permanent problems. Sooooo glad he is a-ok and it wasn't anything worse. But, as others have said, I think all of us parents have had one of "those stories" in our tenure. some more dumb on our part that others.

Thanks for the check-in, Andy! Good to see you!

Update on LG, he's passed all tests over the winter with flying colors. We've been cleared by his 2 surgeons for 12 months... so no appointments until next December unless we see something of concern.

Good news! This should make the next year much better.

He climbed up on his sister's bed and fell off backwards, hitting his head on the hardwood floor.

Not good news. So sorry for your scare.

but he ended up being fine.

Very happy to hear this.

Great news about LG's development and tests!! But oh my goodness, you must have been a mess with that little scare! So glad that he was okay!

Take your time—seems like the rest of us are all in the same boat from what I keep reading on everyone's TRs. I currently have over a hundred alert notifications on here. Oh dear...

I just wanted to stop back to apologize for being a total failure. Things have stayed crazy busy here.

On the work front, I've not had much free time lately. Part of that is due to my recent traveling and being out of the office and having to deal with backlogs. But we're implementing some new things that have had me pretty well tied up most of the time. In addition to that, my manager has recently announced that he'll be retiring later this year. I'm currently preparing to interview for the position in the next couple of weeks, so any thoughts, prayers and well wishes would be very much appreciated.

Aside from that, I've been busy with conferences and my duties on the state young farmer committee. I was busy with our leadership conference this past Thurs - Sun. I then turned around and got on a plane at 6 am Monday to go meet with the company that makes the software we use here at work for a couple of days. Just a whirlwind. Now I'm getting ready for my tax appointment on the 12th, interview on the 13th, and then I go to Reno for the National Young Farmers and Ranchers conference from 2/16 - 2/20

So yeah... sorry I've been away from here for 2+ months, but things will calm down sometime... Maybe. I don't know if I'll ever get caught up. Just know that I do think about y'all often and wish I could spend more time here!

Nice to hear from you Andy. I can appreciate being busy at work. I haven't had as much time for the boards myself over the last 6 months.

I'm currently preparing to interview for the position in the next couple of weeks, so any thoughts, prayers and well wishes would be very much appreciated.
Good luck! Hope it goes your way.

Good to hear from you, Andy!

I just wanted to stop back to apologize for being a total failure.

Just now? After all this time? :rotfl2:

I'm currently preparing to interview for the position in the next couple of weeks, so any thoughts, prayers and well wishes would be very much appreciated.

I just want to say good luck. We're all counting on you.

I just wanted to stop back to apologize for being a total failure. Things have stayed crazy busy here.

No worries, Andy. We all get that life gets busy. Take care of yourself and your family. :)

In addition to that, my manager has recently announced that he'll be retiring later this year. I'm currently preparing to interview for the position in the next couple of weeks, so any thoughts, prayers and well wishes would be very much appreciated.

Good luck! I bet you'll rock that interview!

Now I'm getting ready for my tax appointment on the 12th, interview on the 13th, and then I go to Reno for the National Young Farmers and Ranchers conference from 2/16 - 2/20

:faint:

So yeah... sorry I've been away from here for 2+ months, but things will calm down sometime... Maybe. I don't know if I'll ever get caught up. Just know that I do think about y'all often and wish I could spend more time here!

Oddly enough... been thinking about you too.
Take care of yourself.

Not a bad reason to be busy; business is good! You'll do great on the interview, you're a shoe-in, but I'll send well wishes, for some extra pixie dust. Hope the family is well, and we miss you too!

Good to hear from you again! Thanks for popping in and saying hi; I hope your interview goes well. Big changes could be on the horizon for you! :goodvibes

Hey, no problem, we totally understand that life gets in the way sometimes. Good luck on the interview and I hope you have safe travels!

On the work front, I've not had much free time lately. Part of that is due to my recent traveling and being out of the office and having to deal with backlogs. But we're implementing some new things that have had me pretty well tied up most of the time. In addition to that, my manager has recently announced that he'll be retiring later this year. I'm currently preparing to interview for the position in the next couple of weeks, so any thoughts, prayers and well wishes would be very much appreciated.

That all does sound super busy, but some of it in a good, very good, way. Really hoping for the best for you in this interview. I think I can speak for all of us in saying we'd love to hear how it goes- either way.

Until it does, we really miss you too! Don't let "catching up" discourage you from being here. I know when things get crazy for me, I apologize and just pick up where I am, and not worry so much aobut the past updates. If there's more than one, just read it and move on. There are no rules here; just be here as you can. :)

:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter