Disney Gift Cards for resort payment

myheartisinFlorida

Mouseketeer
Good day all! I know this is a stupid question and I am sure I already know the answer but.... Can Disney Gift Cards be used to pay for the full balance of a resort fee? Example: I have a balance of $1300 for AKL, can I use $1300 in Gift Cards to pay that balance? Thanks in advance!

Gift cards can definitely be used. But there is a caveat. If you use them to pay off your room balance prior to arrival, make sure you hang on to all of them. If for any reason you have to cancel the trip, Disney will refund the $$ back to the original method of payment. That means back to the specific gift cards used for payment.

Steve

Yes, and keep the cards as told above. I write on the back with a Sharpie saying what it was used for. Be careful not to write over the numbers or pin number or magnetic strip. It may seem like an excess of caution, but sometimes things happen.

Another tip - use the Disney Giftcard site to combine small denominations onto just a few cards. The max per card is $1000. Save these larger cards in your account on the giftcard site and use them to pay your resort. That way you only have a small number of cards to deal with. Plus, if those cards are stored in your account, you don't need to be concerned if one accidentally gets lost - any returned funds will show in your account and you can transfer the money to any other giftcard.

Steve

Gift cards can definitely be used. But there is a caveat. If you use them to pay off your room balance prior to arrival, make sure you hang on to all of them. If for any reason you have to cancel the trip, Disney will refund the $$ back to the original method of payment. That means back to the specific gift cards used for payment.

Steve
I am transferring the balances of several cards to one main card and I won't be paying the balance until we check in (or out) so no worries. I appreciate the quick responses! 105 days to go....

Another tip - use the Disney Giftcard site to combine small denominations onto just a few cards. The max per card is $1000. Save these larger cards in your account on the giftcard site and use them to pay your resort. That way you only have a small number of cards to deal with. Plus, if those cards are stored in your account, you don't need to be concerned if one accidentally gets lost - any returned funds will show in your account and you can transfer the money to any other giftcard.

Steve
I wasn't aware of the $1000 max per card so that'll help. I use the gift card site so I am good to go

I am transferring the balances of several cards to one main card and I won't be paying the balance until we check in (or out) so no worries. I appreciate the quick responses! 105 days to go....

For a room only reservation, payment is due at check-in. If you plan to pay at check-in, do not enter a credit card in the system for online check-in. It will automatically charge that card on the morning of check-in. I know that unless I call to pay the balance ahead of time, my card is usually charged by 8 am on my check-in day once I do online check-in.

I forgot once I wanted to pay by GC and when I got there, I decided to leave it on my card and just use the gift card for spending and a future trip. Some people have had them reverse the charges to the card and put it on their gift card, but I do not know how quickly the charges reversed on the card or how long it took.

If you have a CC on file I would HIGHLY suggest you pay it off before check-in day, because WDW computer system will charge your CC when the system starts up the new day, usually around 6AM.

When I wanted to do this, I called just a couple of days before check-in and paid a portion of the balance with a gift card, rather than do it too early and need to cancel, lose the gift card, etc.

For a room only reservation, payment is due at check-in. If you plan to pay at check-in, do not enter a credit card in the system for online check-in. It will automatically charge that card on the morning of check-in. I know that unless I call to pay the balance ahead of time, my card is usually charged by 8 am on my check-in day once I do online check-in.

I forgot once I wanted to pay by GC and when I got there, I decided to leave it on my card and just use the gift card for spending and a future trip. Some people have had them reverse the charges to the card and put it on their gift card, but I do not know how quickly the charges reversed on the card or how long it took.
I appreciate that. I’ll pay it early to keep from that hassle!

how do you pay for a RO online? I have only ever booked packages. I have tried twice to find a button to click and apply a gift card, or any type of payment. Is this not an option? I don't feel like paying for the long distance fees to call and apply giftcards

how do you pay for a RO online? I have only ever booked packages. I have tried twice to find a button to click and apply a gift card, or any type of payment. Is this not an option? I don't feel like paying for the long distance fees to call and apply giftcards

It is not an option online. For room only reservations, you have to call to make payments, other than the initial deposit.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!