Disney gift cards at Target

When we can’t find them at the front of the store we hit the gift card rack near greeting cards, then the gift card section in electronics. Discontinuing them altogether sounds fishy! But who knows.

Can I use a Visa gift card at Target to buy Disney cards? I can’t remember the restrictions...also I get 5 percent off I use my red card? As I was typing I realized if I used the visa, I would not be using my red card so no 5percent off!!! Any suggestions or ways around using Visa and getting discount???

Diane

Can I use a Visa gift card at Target to buy Disney cards? I can’t remember the restrictions...also I get 5 percent off I use my red card? As I was typing I realized if I used the visa, I would not be using my red card so no 5percent off!!! Any suggestions or ways around using Visa and getting discount???

Diane
No. The 5% only comes off the amount that is charged to the Red Card.

I frequent the Target in Princeton, NJ and just over the bridge in Langhorne & Neshaminy, PA and all of them seem to have varying stock. I think its just because buying gift cards at Target is becoming very popular and the demand is higher than the stock. I know people who go in and buy $3,000 at a time clearing the shelves.

I just went to a fairly new target in New York. The checkout system would not let me buy Disney GC with Target. I spoke to the manager who said corporate sometimes forgets about their location (small store). He tried to override and could not. He said he would call. Hopefully this is an isolated incident.

Welp, it appears effective today the option to buy disney gift cards with target gift cards is a dead deal.

http://www.waystosavefordisney.com/change-to-target-policy/
I was just coming by to post the same thing. No more Target GC -> 3rd party GC transactions anymore. I had $75 in Target GCs that I wanted to convert and got denied at 2 different stores in 2 different states. So sad to see this end. Now I'm going to have to redeem my rewards programs for cash instead of discounted Target GCs.

I was just coming by to post the same thing. No more Target GC -> 3rd party GC transactions anymore. I had $75 in Target GCs that I wanted to convert and got denied at 2 different stores in 2 different states. So sad to see this end. Now I'm going to have to redeem my rewards programs for cash instead of discounted Target GCs.
You can still use Walmart GC to buy Disney GC at Sam's club if they is an option for you

I have $50 in Target gc. It won't go to waste but I earned them for Disney gc. Sigh....

I have $50 in Target gc. It won't go to waste but I earned them for Disney gc. Sigh....
I ended up buying Starbucks coffee and toilet tissue, both of which I may have purchased anyway but just not today and not with my GCs. So, I'll just "reimburse" my Disney fund with the cash I would have used to buy those using my REDCard.

I ended up buying Starbucks coffee and toilet tissue, both of which I may have purchased anyway but just not today and not with my GCs. So, I'll just "reimburse" my Disney fund with the cash I would have used to buy those using my REDCard.
Yup, that's what I am going to do...I will still redeem my rewards for Target cards and then I will use them towards household expenses and take the equivalent amount (-5% since I will be using my RedCard) from the household budget and buy Disney gift cards. I think I will end up spending less overall:)

I pretty much always use that method, I shop at Target frequently, like at least weekly if not more often. Target gift cards will be used so I just reimburse my fund. Oddly today was also the first time I ever bought more than one gift card at a time. I had an unexpected refund so I put it in the bank account and used my Red Card to turn it into Disney gift cards, no trouble finding Disney gift cards where I live. Guess suburban Dallas is not a Disney gift card hot spot.

This is what I do too. Our Target has the snacks we like, toiletries, cleaning products, cat food... so there is always things to buy using the gift cards and buying the Disney gift card with the money saved.

Yup, that's what I am going to do...I will still redeem my rewards for Target cards and then I will use them towards household expenses and take the equivalent amount (-5% since I will be using my RedCard) from the household budget and buy Disney gift cards. I think I will end up spending less overall:)
TBH, I rarely shopped at Target unless I was picking up a Disney GC and paying with a Target GC. I'll spend the last $16.XX that is in my wallet but I won't be cashing out for Target GCs too often. Amazon will be more useful to me in the long run and I can get Whole Foods delivery for free with Amazon Prime. I like their produce much better than what I can get at Target. And I tend to order from Amazon a lot and they have Safeway GCs if I want to use them for groceries instead of Whole Foods. I would go the Walmart/Sam's Club route except that one of the programs I use (Perk) does not discount their GCs but they do discount Amazon and Target.

I'm going to miss getting those "free" Disney GCs from Target but it really is just fuzzy Disney math. Whether I redeem for GCs that I use for groceries or for a Disney GCs, it is still money in my pocket. And it is still a savings toward my trips.

I am headed there tomorrow in CT (Waterford) specifically to cash in my $25 and $90 worth of Target CG into Disney ones. The last time I was there, about a month or so ago (yes I am Target deprived, it is 30 min away) they still had them.

I am headed there tomorrow in CT (Waterford) specifically to cash in my $25 and $90 worth of Target CG into Disney ones. The last time I was there, about a month or so ago (yes I am Target deprived, it is 30 min away) they still had them.

Just a heads up - Target's policy changed on 6/17/18 and they are no longer allowing purchases of Disney gift cards using Target gift cards.

I bought a Disney GC yesterday with my Red Card. Even though I was charged for it, it never activated. There were other instances too - check out this thread - https://www.disboards.com/threads/target-disney-gift-card-nightmare.3689348/

I called Target today they are refunding me but I have to wait to get a check in the mail. I could have gone back to the store where I purchased it, but it is about 45 min away....I am done with buying Disney cards at Target. Not worth the hassle, especially since I can not longer use gift cards to pay for them.

Just a heads up - Target's policy changed on 6/17/18 and they are no longer allowing purchases of Disney gift cards using Target gift cards.

Hmm...I know it was store to store. I usually buy something else when I get them anyways this way I am not just buying a gift card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter