Disney gift cards at Target ...when is the date for 10%off this year

smores

DIS Veteran
i hear every year there is one day around thanksgiving when all gift cards are 10%off with a target red card....anybody know the date?

Wow . .never heard of this. I'll have to keep an eye out! 5% normally is good, 10% is even better.

How does/did this work? Do you have to have a Target Red Card to be eligible?

All TARGET gift cards will be 10% off. And then later you can buy the Disney cards with the gift cards you purchased. I don't think you need a red card, but I'm not sure

I did this last year. The posted limit was $300 for the sale. But I just went multiple times and got $2100 in target cards. I guess the only risk is that they will crack down and not let you buy Disney cards with the target gift cards. It wasn't a problem for me, as of last month. I always just went through the self checkout.

More info for me, too please. For those that did it last year, or for those who know...
1. Is it ONLY for Target Gift Cards (not Disney)?
2. Can you turn around and use those Target gift cards to purchase Disney gift cards?

All TARGET gift cards will be 10% off. And then later you can buy the Disney cards with the gift cards you purchased. I don't think you need a red card, but I'm not sure

I did this last year. The posted limit was $300 for the sale. But I just went multiple times and got $2100 in target cards. I guess the only risk is that they will crack down and not let you buy Disney cards with the target gift cards. It wasn't a problem for me, as of last month. I always just went through the self checkout.
Ignore my questions then...I must have posted at the same time. Thank you for this info!
And really, if for some reason buying Disney gift cards with the Target gift cards doesn't work, I can always use it for something else...but will be really great if I can do this the week before our trip!

Are the target cards discounted in store too or just online? How long do you need to wait before buying Disney cards? I’d hate to get stuck with thousands in target cards

The Target cards were on sale in the store too. You can start using the gift cards the next day.

It was worth the risk for me because I, unfortunately, spend thousands of dollars at Target each year. Lol.

Oh, and also someone posted on the Cruise Line forum - on the Black Friday flyer (page 39) there is a notice that if you purchase at least $50 in a single transaction on Black Friday, you will get a 20% off coupon for use in the next week. The coupon details aren't available yet, so we don't know if it will be good for Disney gift cards. But that could mean you get 20% off, plus an additional 5% off with Redcard! I'm planning on going and purchasing a couple Disney gift cards on Black Friday and checking the fine print to see if the 20% excludes other gift cards (I expect it would exclude Target and visa gift cards). Then if its good, I will probably do a bunch more transactions to stock up on the 20% off coupons, then over the next week travel around to other stores and buy up enough Disney gift cards to max out my redcard limit! I have 2 trips planned in 2018, plus maybe a cruise in 2019, and I live near to Disneyland, so I will definitely use them over time!

I tried to do this last year at my local store in Rochester, NY. I was not allowed to buy other gift cards with Target gift cards.

I tried to do this last year at my local store in Rochester, NY. I was not allowed to buy other gift cards with Target gift cards.

The POS system allows it because they are not coded as "gift cards"; they are coded as "entertainment cards". It seems YMMV with cashiers though - I've never had an issue and I've been doing it for a couple of years.

Going to keep my eye on this. I have a TARGET card from work as a bonus. I'm going to see if I can use it to get a DISNEY card. I'll let you know if successful.

Yes you can buy Disney cards at Target using a Target gift card. The Disney cards are classified as entertainment cards in their system. I do this all the time with the discounted 10% they do and the free ones they give you for buying certain items.
The 20% off referenced in the cruise line forums didn't work last year. They specifically list exclusions apply and one of them is gift/entertainment cards. Maybe it will be different this year?

10% off Target cards has been inconsistent with date the past few years so check their ads weekly for this. You can only buy $300 at a time so multiple transactions are normally needed if you want more than that. Buy the Target card and then wait 48 hours. Go back and buy the Disney cards with your Target GC. It has worked for me the past 3 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!