Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone still has the Stop & Shop $7.50 off your purchase for buying $50 Happy card, it does stack with the $15 off $100 gift card deal. I bought two $50 Happy Guy gift cards at Stop and Shop tonight and received $7.50 off my purchase plus the $15 off next purchase. I'll turn those into Disney at Home Depot.
New here. What’s a happy guy card?

I was getting gas today and cleaing out some trash in my car, and I threw away my target envelope with my $100 disney gift card, Do you think they will replace it? I can't believe it, I never throw anything away and when I do, I throw away something I Need.
Yes they will replace. Do you have your receipt?
December 2017 i threw away a $50 Disney gift card I had purchased at target. In about July 2018 I sent an email to Disney asking if there was any way they could replace. They said as long as i could send them the receipt (which i had because i use apps to get points for my receipts) they could check i there was a balance on it and replace it. They said the card still had $50 on it which they transferred to a new card they sent me.

Ok I'll give that a go. Someone mentioned they do this thing with loading it into PayPal? I don't know. I'll give Target a try. It seems less complicated.
I just add to paypal as a debit/credi card and set as preferred. Then I pay at target or Disney using Paypal. I think probably best if you just use as VGC at target and if it doesn't work just do the paypal thing.

Also make sure the funds are in you VGC after Disney declined. It sometimes takes a few days if you don't contact the virtual visa people.

Can someone please remind me how they were able to get the VV GC from SB to work for Disney? I've just been using them like a normal CC on the Disney GC website and it's been working fine so I figured I wouldn't mess with it, and then they rejected the payment today because they no longer accept it. Waiting for the funds to come back on the card to try again. Help! Thanks!
I add mine to PayPal and checkout on ShopDisney through PayPal. I had tried to use one directly thru Disney, they rejected it and it took a week for the money to credit back to the VV.

Happy Cards are multi-store gift cards. Happy Guy, Happy Lady, Happy Bride, etc. that cluster about 6 stores that might be of interest to a certain type of recipient. The thing that sets them apart from regular gift cards is they run as credit. Basically, they're like a pre-paid Visa that can only be used at a few stores. Some smart people realized that since they run as credit, they can be used to buy other gift cards (like Disney gift cards) even at stores that do not allow gift card to gift card purchases.

So, if you buy a Happy Guy card, you can go to Home Depot and use it to buy a Disney gift card. However, if you have a Home Depot gift card, you cannot buy a Disney gift card with it because Home Depot does not allow gift card to gift card purchases.

They're basically a loophole. When you buy a Happy Card, you buy it as a gift card. When you spend a Happy Card, you spend it as a Visa. Since you're buying Happy Cards as gift cards, you can often buy them at discounts you'd never see for a prepaid Visa. Since you're spending Happy Cards as credit cards, you can use them to buy whatever gift card you want.

Make sense?

Can someone please remind me how they were able to get the VV GC from SB to work for Disney? I've just been using them like a normal CC on the Disney GC website and it's been working fine so I figured I wouldn't mess with it, and then they rejected the payment today because they no longer accept it. Waiting for the funds to come back on the card to try again. Help! Thanks!
As others mentioned I find ordering an egift card directly from Target (no Paypal) the easiest way.
I see that @happ and @ClapYourHands have you covered!

You need to call 1-877-650-4327 to confirm. Disney GC's are very specific. There are two types of Merchandise GC's and are specific to ShopDisney or Parks & Resorts. It should state on the back of your gift card. If it doesn't, you should call the above number and they will be able to tell you. It's very risky to order these blind cards.

Thanks @FoxC63 ! I'm going to hold off on these. I'll just use Target & Shopkicks to get ones I know work. I'm on a spending hiatus at the moment, until my new home is built and I can get moved in this Fall. I'll just keep lurking on the board in the meantime.

I did the Chase Bed Bath & Beyond 10% offer 6/10, no redemption notice yet. Not concerned as I know these are slow to show but of interest the Total Wine Offer I used the same day shows in redeemed. Looks like different merchants post at different speeds for the Chase Offers.

I’m going to try and wipe out my Disney gift card debt of $2500 at Publix with the Happy deal so I’ll need 50. I have 2 within 10 minutes of me so I’m not worried about being able to get all 50. I don’t see a limit of them but I’ll ask the cashier to be sure.

The worst thing about it is converting to Disney at BBB. How many should I do at a time?

I’m going to try and wipe out my Disney gift card debt of $2500 at Publix with the Happy deal so I’ll need 50. I have 2 within 10 minutes of me so I’m not worried about being able to get all 50. I don’t see a limit of them but I’ll ask the cashier to be sure.

The worst thing about it is converting to Disney at BBB. How many should I do at a time?

So, you'll need to do each transaction separately. If you have a $50 HC, buy a $50 Disney in one transaction, and be done. That slows down the process considerably, but you can't do more than one at a time without doing a split-tender transaction, which your cashier may or may not know how to do, may involve a manager, and most importantly, will probably draw attention to your payment method.

What I do is buy one, put the used HC in a designated pocket so I don't accidentally reuse it, and then go back for another Disney card, taking the unused HC out of my wallet, and preferably checking out through a different register. Definitely not a fast process. I've done up to 3 in one visit, but my primary consideration is not to do anything that would make a cashier notice what I'm using for payment.

If I have other errands in the area, I'll sometimes hit up BBB, do the other things I need to do, and swing back through BBB a couple hours later, when it's unlikely the cashiers will remember me.

Good luck!

I admire your guts. I would literally faint if something changed in the middle of that churn and I found myself stuck with $2500 worth of Happy Lady gift cards.

Could you get Happy Guy and do Home Depot? Or is there no HG in the Publix deal?

I admire your guts. I would literally faint if something changed in the middle of that churn and I found myself stuck with $2500 worth of Happy Lady gift cards.

@Teal03 could always get a smaller number of HL cards, churn them at BBB, then go back to Publix to buy some more HL cards, and repeat. If the deal goes for a week, there's no need to buy them all at once.

Last edited:
I’m going to try and wipe out my Disney gift card debt of $2500 at Publix with the Happy deal so I’ll need 50. I have 2 within 10 minutes of me so I’m not worried about being able to get all 50. I don’t see a limit of them but I’ll ask the cashier to be sure. The worst thing about it is converting to Disney at BBB. How many should I do at a time?
Very carfully. I'd try one card at your local BBB to see if it (1) will work. Our 2 local BBB will not do even do Happy cards for DGC. Test the water before you jump in head first.

Chase has 10% back at staples and dosh has 3% will both apply if my freedom card is on dosh or will only one credit post?

I just saw next weeks ad, the gift card deal continues next week too

Just an update on the Stop and Shop deal. It continues past today into the next circular, but not through the whole next cycle. They're advertising it as a Father's day promotion, and the last day to buy is 6/17. I also noticed the redeem date is still 6/24, even if you buy the gift cards on 6/17. I was hoping there would be an extension on the coupon redemption for later purchases, but it doesn't look like it. Still a great deal, but just don't wait too long and miss out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!