Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

We got our Switch 2 years ago and I thought for sure there would be a Black Friday deal but since it was so new there was not a sale. It was advertised in all the ads but just the standard 299 bundle price.
We aren’t set on getting one anyway since we have a Wii U. I guess if it doesn’t go on sale we probably just won’t get one

I am so excited - I didn't know about RAISE.com or the app. Now I can save at least 7% on the remainder of our Disney vacation using the code. Woohoo! Excited to read through this thread for more ideas.

I am so excited - I didn't know about RAISE.com or the app. Now I can save at least 7% on the remainder of our Disney vacation using the code. Woohoo! Excited to read through this thread for more ideas.
There is a $20 max on the discount. To maximize the discount, you want to get as close as you can to $285.

There is a $20 max on the discount. To maximize the discount, you want to get as close as you can to $285.

Are the gift cards on Raise digital or hard cards that get mailed? I don't trust the USPS with physical cards.

Also I don't know if you know the answer but I have seen people say they buy the Walmart gift cards, then go to Sams to buy Disney cards. I don't have a Sams club membership... Can I buy Disney Gift Cards with Walmart Gift cards at Walmart?

Target near me (Raleigh, NC) has a gift card that has a stated $360 value but rings up at $350. I checked and the card has the full value when you check the balance. With that and the 5% off with Target Red Card, it came out to 7.6% savings.

The front of the card "jacket" has Goofy and the castle on it, and says "This Disney Gift Card may be used to purchase WDW Theme Park Tickets and more!" On the back, it clearly states that it's a gift card to be used for anything. Be aware the target near me also had a gift card that was prepaid for tickets ONLY. So double-check before you buy.

Attachments

• 68453783_924004244619189_2912891333188255744_n.jpg
    68453783_924004244619189_2912891333188255744_n.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 68948077_2127927657499853_930923372450152448_n.jpg
    68948077_2127927657499853_930923372450152448_n.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 49
Raise has a 7% off code for today - FALL7, max $20 off.
g your Disc

Was coming here to share that as well, although I can't get any Walmart GC's to pull up. Top Cash Back is at 5% on Raise, so that's 12% + the 4% discount they are at Sam's. If you can pay with a discover via paypal for an extra 5% that's a great deal!

Are the gift cards on Raise digital or hard cards that get mailed? I don't trust the USPS with physical cards.
No, digital and you'll get them very quickly (usually).

Also I don't know if you know the answer but I have seen people say they buy the Walmart gift cards, then go to Sams to buy Disney cards. I don't have a Sams club membership... Can I buy Disney Gift Cards with Walmart Gift cards at Walmart?
You can, but they're approx 4% cheaper at Sam's, so that's an additional savings. I've had a membership for years for/from work, so I don't pay super close attention...but there always seems to be a way to get a Sam's membership really discounted. You can order the GC (and other stuff) online instead of going to a store if you don't have one nearby. Wait until there's a RMN % back at Sam's to save even more. It was 8% Labor day weekend.

Also, does anyone know if you can buy Disney Gift cards at Best Buy with a Best Buy Gift card?
No, not anymore :(

Did you check to see if there were any rebates available for your new purchases?
Lowe's offers several as do manufacturers, I know I'd dig for them! LINK

Oh trust me... I researched this W&D (Consumer Reports) and the prices for several big box stores to find the best deal. I didn't qualify for the rebates because I didn't buy anything other than the W&D and the storage pedestals for them to stand on. To get the minimum rebate, I'd have to spend an extra amount more than what I would have gotten from the rebate. :crazy:

I did so much research you would have thought it was a Disney vacation! :earboy2:

We got our Switch 2 years ago and I thought for sure there would be a Black Friday deal but since it was so new there was not a sale. It was advertised in all the ads but just the standard 299 bundle price.
Agree. I didn't really see any major savings other than at Kohls. You paid full price but earned Kohl's cash and a cb portal at 10% .

For anyone looking for discounts on video game systems, when Target comes out with their one day only buy Target GC 10% off, that is also a good way to get your discount. Maybe last year(?) the limit was supposed to be $300 worth, but I managed to get $400 and used them to buy a $399 PS4, which never goes on sale. $40 discount isn't bad. Switch costs less, and you might figure out a way to stack discounts with a cashback site, and discounted store GC.

RMN has 8% cash back for purchases at Staples. Staples online lists a $100 Disney gift card for $101.99. While I have never seen a gift card list for more than face value, has anyone been able to purchase online at Staples and get the cash back?

RMN has 8% cash back for purchases at Staples. Staples online lists a $100 Disney gift card for $101.99. While I have never seen a gift card list for more than face value, has anyone been able to purchase online at Staples and get the cash back?
I have. Also, if you have a Chase card, check your offers, I had a 10% off at Staples, max of $6. I was able to stack the 2.

Yes and I've stacked with a CC offer like Chase or Amex. I actually haven't bought any disney ones, but instead purchased prepaid GCs when they've run a promo removing the fee.

Sorry, but one more for this morning. RMN also has 8% cash back at Shop Disney. Has anyone been able to successfully use that to buy a gift card from the site and avoid the extra $1.99 from Staples?

Also, I made my first RMN purchase in July when it had 5% cash back at Target. Bought a gift card using Red Card and received the cash back today, so it actually worked for me netting 10% discount.

Last edited:

I did when Chase Offers had a 5% offer. It basically knocked out the $2 fee so it worked out a little better. I wouldn't do it without some extra offer with Chase or AmEx or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!