Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who live near a ShopRite, next week (5/19 - 5/25) they have $10 off your next shopping order when you buy a $50 Disney gift card. It is on the bottom of page 6 in my local circular (Clark, NJ). As always, make sure to check your local circular as some ShopRites have different dates for their circulars and sometimes the deal is not always in every state.

Just bought a Disney gift card there today (our ad starts on Friday in MD) and got my $10 off certificate!

Can you use the Meijer offer online? We don’t have a be anywhere close.
I'm in the same boat. I don't see anyway to purchase gift cards on Meijer.com. It gives a number to call to order gift cards but only Meijer gift cards are pictured. and I don't think you could call that number and check your balance or activity on a Disney or other 3rd party gift card.
20190219_3x1_gift-card-hero_desktop.jpg

perfect for any occasion
save up to 4% when you buy in volume
Call 1-800-487-9460 to place an order, check your balance or activity

Follow up: HustlerMoneyBlog states that the gift cards must be purchased online. That gave me hope so I tried to sign up for a mperks account. It threw me out when I added my zip because there's no store within 50 miles of me.

This is what I found on hustlermoneyblog. . .
Meijer Gift Cards Promotion

• Direct Link to Offer
  • Promotion: Get 10% Off Select $50 GC Purchase
  • Expiration: May 18, 2019
  • Availability: Must be purchased online
  • Terms: Valid until 05/18/2019. Limit one coupon per offer. No cashback. Not to be combined with any other manufacturer coupons.

I tried to purchase a $25 e-gift card at Shop Disney with a VV I got from SB yesterday. But I attached it to my PayPal account instead of using the VV directly thru their website. Never got an email with the e-gift card but received a phone call from Disney and they conferenced PayPal in on the call to verify my PayPal account, I gave the information they requested but the PayPal customer service lady dropped off the call. So I continued talking to the Disney rep, she said that they could not accept my purchase using a VV attached to my PayPal or even paying directly with my VV. I tried explain how I heard this has worked and should work with the VV thru PayPal but she said it's a new policy in the last month or so. Now I have to wait 3-5 days to have my money put back on my VV. I have a large chunk of SB saved up and I was going to go this route (using VV's for Disney gift cards) to get gift cards for our next trip. I had hoped it was a one off thing so I called back, got a different person and got told the same thing. I'm new to this process of getting Disney gift cards. Can I use my VV at a physical Walmart to get gift cards? Or do I need to cash out to Walmart gift cards and use them, but I don't want to be stuck with Walmart gift cards. I guess I can try to cash out to a PayPal gift card and then transfer the money to my account. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Sorry if someone already mentioned this ... you can use the VV on the target website to purchase a digital dgc.

Follow up: HustlerMoneyBlog states that the gift cards must be purchased online. That gave me hope so I tried to sign up for a mperks account. It threw me out when I added my zip because there's no store within 50 miles of me.
The same thing just happened to me. I tried twice, it won't let me make an account so not sure if you can buy these online. Why would I need to be within 50 miles if it's getting mailed or emailed to me? Bummed, would have bought the full amount.

I did get an email from RMN today about the $100 Target purchase I made (Disney GC for 7% cashback) and it said I would get credited July 1st. And I used my Redcard for the additional 5% off, so it did seem to work so far. Thanks to everyone for the heads up on RMN deals!!!

Just saw on Bj's Uber $25 GC are 10% off, not sure how long. Did anyone get them around the holidays last year? I got 20% off in around October I think, but not sure.

Datapoint for Disney GC @ Meijer with the 10% off promo.

I was able to find one variable load card and checked out with my grocery order (in store). 10% came off of my bill ($50 on $500 load). As I was leaving I found a second card and went to customer service to check out. The coupon does not indicate 1x use and was still in my Mperks account. This time the 10% didn’t come off. Manager agreed to honor but I ended up with. $50 Meijer GC instead of the $50 coming off my order. Not a big deal at all since Meijer is our primary grocery store but just awareness you’re better to buy all in one transaction, up to $1000 in GC to avoid the hassle.

Datapoint for Disney GC @ Meijer with the 10% off promo.

I was able to find one variable load card and checked out with my grocery order (in store). 10% came off of my bill ($50 on $500 load). As I was leaving I found a second card and went to customer service to check out. The coupon does not indicate 1x use and was still in my Mperks account. This time the 10% didn’t come off. Manager agreed to honor but I ended up with. $50 Meijer GC instead of the $50 coming off my order. Not a big deal at all since Meijer is our primary grocery store but just awareness you’re better to buy all in one transaction, up to $1000 in GC to avoid the hassle.
I made an in-store purchase today at Meijer of a few different gift cards and and went through the self checkout line. I was surprised to see a message pop up on the screen, when scanning each gc; it asked whether I wanted to apply the 10% off with my order. I selected yes, and the register receipt showed the 10% coming off each card.

Meijer seems to switch it up on how/when the discount is applied. Last week I purchased gift cards there with the 10% discount, and it put the 10% savings in my mPerks account; I used those funds today. The Meijer employee staffing the self checkout line was amazed how little I paid today for all of my groceries. He said I must have been lucky. :)

I did see the 1x use noted in the terms for this promotion. I previously got caught on this, so I now look really closely for any restrictions.

I bought some Disney gift cards today at Home Depot, using a few Happy Guy cards for payment. Doing separate transactions for each $50 card worked great. It might take a few minutes more to check out, but in the end saved time, as no special assistance was needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter