Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read through the previous 10 pages and still can't seem to figure it out......are there currently any places where you can purchase a discounted DGC either online or in store? I do use SB and can get virtual visa gift cards to buy online with.
It’s not the greatest discount but if you have a Target redcard (either the credit card or the debit card) you get 5% off. Right now it’s the most direct savings I know of. I buy from there if I can’t find a better savings elsewhere.

My plan right now is to buy DGCs from grocery stores with my Discover It card. Grocery stores earn 5% cash back this quarter, and I’ll earn an additional 5% cash back because it’s my first year with the card.

Neither of those options will work with visa gift cards though.

Topcashback often takes a long time to pay back - like 2-3 months, and it varies by retailer. For my Black Friday shopping, I received Adorama cash back within 4-6 weeks, but I still haven't received my ebags and Dell cashback. I've never had a problem with them eventually paying the cashback, though. I usually have my cashback sent to my PayPal account, but there are gift card options.
Does ebates payout faster?

I apologize if this is explained somewhere else in the thread, I am going back and reading through some older posts, but thought I would ask in the meantime...

We have about 60k Chase Ultimate Rewards points that we were originally going to use on airfare for our June trip this year. However, airfare is really high this year, compared to last, so now we are probably just going to drive. We rented DVC points for the trip, so that is paid for. I am wondering if we can somehow turn those rewards points into Disney GCs that we could then use towards our dining on the trip. If we can, what is the best way to go about that?

Again, I am sure this is explained in the thread somewhere, I'll keep looking, but I appreciate any advice!

Thanks!

Since you didn't say which Chase card you have, it is hard to say. The Chase Sapphire gets you 1.5 cents towards airfare and most other Chase card that have an annual fee get you 1.25 cents towards airfare. However, if you have a no annual fee card (like the freedom) your points only get you 1 cent towards airfare so it is worth it to just take the cash.

To be honest, if you only travel once or twice a year, it might not be worth it to pay a $450 annual fee ($150 after you use the travel credit) on the sapphire just to get 1.5 cents towards airfare.

I have the Chase Ink Bold (which is not offered anymore by Chase) - I pay a $99 annual fee and get 1.25 cents towards travel but the only reason I keep it is because I do a lot of shopping at office supplies stores and this card give me 5 points per dollar there - otherwise, I definitely would not keep the card.

....I have the Chase Ink Bold (which is not offered anymore by Chase) - I pay a $99 annual fee and get 1.25 cents towards travel but the only reason I keep it is because I do a lot of shopping at office supplies stores and this card give me 5 points per dollar there - otherwise, I definitely would not keep the card.
:offtopic: Just an fyi Chase Ink Cash is currently offered and will get you 5x back at office supply stores with no annual fee. The Chase Ink Preferred has an annual fee of $95 and will get you the 1.25x redemption rate. If you have a CSR or CSP you can transfer points from any of your business cards to that card to get it's redemption rate. Only thing is you need to have been approved for less than 5 personal credit cards in the last 24 months if you want to apply for those cards new. Another option is downgrading your card to one of the current Ink family cards and Chase won't pull your credit or apply their "5/24 rule" in order to do so (but you won't be able to go back to having the Ink Bold).

Without knowing anything about your specific situation off the cuff I would say you should consider applying for a Chase Ink Preferred (in order to bag the 80k UR bonus for $5k spend and shave $4 off your current annual fee) and after getting approval for that I would downgrade the Ink Bold to Chase Ink Cash. If you're interested in any of this I advise swinging by the i love credit card thread first and asking their thoughts :teacher: very smart bunch over there and they're really nice to boot!

Last edited:
:offtopic: Just an fyi Chase Ink Cash is currently offered and will get you 5x back at office supply stores with no annual fee. The Chase Ink Preferred has an annual fee of $95 and will get you the 1.25x redemption rate (but the annual fee is waived the first year if you sign up for the card new). If you have a CSR or CSP you can transfer points from any of your business cards to that card to get it's redemption rate. Only thing is you need to have been approved for less than 5 personal credit cards in the last 24 months if you want to apply for those cards new. Another option is downgrading your card to one of the current Ink family cards and Chase won't pull your credit or apply their "5/24 rule" in order to do so (but you won't be able to go back to having the Ink Bold).

Without knowing anything about your specific situation off the cuff I would say you should consider applying for a Chase Ink Preferred (in addition to having a year of annual fee waived you'll get to bag the 80k UR bonus for $5k spend) and after getting approval for that I would downgrade the Ink Bold to Chase Ink Cash. If you're interested in any of this I advise swinging by the i love credit card thread first and asking their thoughts :teacher: very smart bunch over there and they're really nice to boot!
Just wanted to add that the CIP sadly does not waive the AF for the first year

Now that we have to buy “real” stuff from Best Buy don’t forget they price match https://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-t...ee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000 idk if you can use your rewards when you go to complete a price match purchase as I’ve never tried that though.
ugh im kinda upset with myself for holding $60 worth of BB rewards until i had the time. When in reality i never have the time. I guess ill either use it on DH airpods or a game for DD switch. I can't really think of anything else we need from BB

ugh im kinda upset with myself for holding $60 worth of BB rewards until i had the time. When in reality i never have the time. I guess ill either use it on DH airpods or a game for DD switch. I can't really think of anything else we need from BB
I'd play around on the website. They sell some random stuff like blow dryers, sonicare toothbrush heads, K-cups.

I'd play around on the website. They sell some random stuff like blow dryers, sonicare toothbrush heads, K-cups.
Thank you !!!!! I have been meaning to look in to their sonic toothbrush. K cups are probably better at Costco. I guess i might as well wait to get a coupon since i always get a 10%off something. Im going to go take a look at what they have.

It’s not the greatest discount but if you have a Target redcard (either the credit card or the debit card) you get 5% off. Right now it’s the most direct savings I know of. I buy from there if I can’t find a better savings elsewhere.

My plan right now is to buy DGCs from grocery stores with my Discover It card. Grocery stores earn 5% cash back this quarter, and I’ll earn an additional 5% cash back because it’s my first year with the card.

Neither of those options will work with visa gift cards though.

I have a Discover IT card too! Thank you for that info!!!

I have a Discover IT card too! Thank you for that info!!!
You're welcome! Just as an FYI, I've found that some grocery stores don't allow the purchase of gift cards with credit cards. :confused3 This can vary by individual store. For example, I went to 2 supermarkets of the same chain, and both didn't allow it. I called a third and it was no issue there, so that's where I go now! If you're unsure give the store a call.

So at Best Buy, can I buy a $60 item and a Disney GC and use $30 in rewards all in the same transaction? It's not going to be like Kroger, where if you buy a GC you cant pay with a Kroger GC even if you have more in groceries than the GC value?

So at Best Buy, can I buy a $60 item and a Disney GC and use $30 in rewards all in the same transaction? It's not going to be like Kroger, where if you buy a GC you cant pay with a Kroger GC even if you have more in groceries than the GC value?
I have a feeling you’re going to be our reluctant DP on this :( Since the update went through even old DPs on this might not be reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter