Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is there a limit to the amount of Disney gift cards I can buy per transaction, or per day, or per account, at BJ's online? I have some APs to renew by end of month. :/
There is supposed to be a limit of 3 per order, but I just ordered 7 and got my shipment confirmation. I always order more than 3, they always go through. If you order more than 10, you will have to sign for them - they won't leave it in your mail box.

I *might* have stumbled upon a way to earn SB for Disney Gift cards, but it might not be worth it for most of you. In my quest to acquire my Disney gift cards without spending any money, I redeemed my Swagbucks for the Virtual Visa card. I went through Swagbucks to the BestBuy website and bought a $25 Disney gift card and used the Virtual Visa to pay for it. I earn BB rewards (which equate to 2.5%) on the purchase and I will report back if I also earn the 2% for the Swagbucks too. The gift card ships for free and will arrive Monday. There was an option for store pick up, but in the past, those orders were cancelled. I'm going on vacation tomorrow and I won't be near BB today anyways so I wouldn't be able to pick it up until Monday so there was no reason for me to even try it.

UPDATE: The visit tracked on the SB site, but so far, it has not credited for the purchase. I received the confirmation e-mail from BB yesterday that it has shipped and I should be receiving it tomorrow. I am not optimistic that I will receive SB credit for it, but I know that shop credits from BB sometimes take a few days for the in-store ones to show up. I'll give this one a few more days before I lose all hope.

Last edited:
I kind of confused myself because I was thinking that online was the same as in store at Sams. But, last night I was at Sams and I saw that they are 144.98 for the $150. I took a picture too! I guess they are $2 cheaper online? That is a huge difference in the % savings. at $142.98 you save 4.7% and at $144.98 you save 3.3%. The $500 one for $484.98 is a 3% savings. I was going to use all my SB Walmart gift cards and buy the $150 value ones online but they are out. So I thought I would do it at Sams. I decided not to. I think the Best Buy SB bonus is the best way discount right now. I would be better off doing that (and buying a $50 WDW card each time) and earning Walmart cards to just purchase our normal groceries. Target is the best % overall if you go out to just buy a WDW card. The SB offer with Best buy is around 12% off your $50 card.

I had a weird RMN experience. I bought a $100 Visa GC online on 7/27, went pending after a couple days, and has an estimated approval date of 8/11. Two days ago I needed to get ink for our printer, so I purchased through Staples.... I was at $65ish, so I added a $15 restaurant gift card to the order to push it over $75. It's showing as ineligible with a purchase amount of $15 :confused3 I'm not going to ask about it, but I definitely was over $75 before taxes. Just kind of strange.

I had a weird RMN experience. I bought a $100 Visa GC online on 7/27, went pending after a couple days, and has an estimated approval date of 8/11. Two days ago I needed to get ink for our printer, so I purchased through Staples.... I was at $65ish, so I added a $15 restaurant gift card to the order to push it over $75. It's showing as ineligible with a purchase amount of $15 :confused3 I'm not going to ask about it, but I definitely was over $75 before taxes. Just kind of strange.

I think the Staples offer is highly YMMV. Even though Walgreens excludes GC's too in their RMN offer, all of mine have worked (but my aunt's have not...). My staples did not show up. I also just bought the $100 MC GC. You are lucky your first one worked! But yes, very strange how it appears they only captured the GC on the second purchase...???

Another question. Please bear with me.

I have a 10% off Staples offer from Bank of America ($11 max), a 10% off office supplies purchase from Amex ($5 max), and a $5 off $25 Staples purchase offer from Amex as well.

Can I do something like this?:
Buy a $200 Mastercard GC from Staples for $202 ($200 + $7 activation - $5 off sale)
Split the payment: $90 on my Amex and get $10 back, $110 on my BoA card and get $11 back
Buy 4 x $50 Disney cards at Best Buy using the Mastercard GC and the swagbucks offer - getting $6.50 back for each card ($26 total)
Spend $202, get $47 back.

Thoughts?

Just reporting back that I got all the cash back from BoA and Amex ($21 total) and have had no issues using the MC GC to buy Disney GC at Best Buy.

... I'm waiting for them to all post before I cash out. I'll be over 10,000 points by then.
You are a very brave soul. We have not had any reports of people being shutdown with SB due to this promo but if you have the unfortunate luck to get shutdown due to this or other things on your account the computer seems “suspicious” you will lose ALL your points if your account is not reinstated.

Ok BB Rewards experts, how long does it take for the points to credit to your account after a purchase? I stopped by Tuesday and Thursday for $100 gift cards each time, and I can see the 100 points pending. I'm just curious.

You are a very brave soul. We have not had any reports of people being shutdown with SB due to this promo but if you have the unfortunate luck to get shutdown due to this or other things on your account the computer seems “suspicious” you will lose ALL your points if your account is not reinstated.
Why would I get my account closed down? I followed the rules and only made one purchase per day.

Why would I get my account closed down? I followed the rules and only made one purchase per day.

Noone knows why, it could be anything to do with your account that SB feels violates something and deactivates it. There's no warning and no guarantee you'll get it back. All depends on why they deactivated you, some things seems like you can clear up and in a few weeks you may be reinstated with all your points intact. Other things there's no coming back from and you lose it all. SB usually won't tell you exactly what it was so sometimes it's hard to clear it up.

It's a risk with rewards programs, the general suggestion for any program (not just SB) is to cash out whatever you don't want to lose. Have to set your own risk threshold. For me, I don't like having more than $50 worth of points at any time and generally I only keep enough points floating to get a discount GC once a month; anything over that I cash out, bird in the hand and so forth. If you're ok with the possibility of gambling the 10k points, then that's up to you. I think folks just wanted you to be informed so you can make that decision rather than the possibility of frustration later when SB does something annoying. Aside from the discounted $25 GC, I see no benefit to accumulating a lot of points. It's all the same redemption value if you have 10,000 points or 5,000 points; may as well grab the $50 in hand and not have to worry about it.

ETA: As an example of SB doing something annoying, they could devalue the program. Right now it's pretty straight forward and 1sb = 1 cent, so 2500 points = $25 gift card. They could make it so 3000 points = $25 gift card and now you just lost money you could have had. So things other than deactivation could happen before you cash out. Just something else to think about.

Ok BB Rewards experts, how long does it take for the points to credit to your account after a purchase? I stopped by Tuesday and Thursday for $100 gift cards each time, and I can see the 100 points pending. I'm just curious.
Tuesday should credit Thursday and Thursday should credit Monday.

I wouldn't worry about it. They'd be closing down a lot of accounts. That said, you never know what will get you banned from Swagbucks. I've done a lot more than you are planning to do in gift cards with QR code and I have no plans to stop. They have been running this too long not to realize they are paying out on third party gift card purchases.

BB rewards pend for 15 days. I thought it told you the date or days somewhere in the account. I think in the Rewards History you can pick the transaction that's pending. I thought that's where I saw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter