Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at Shop Rite this morning. I asked at Customer Service which GCs were included? She told me the exclusions say ShopRite and ‘open loop’ so anything else was good.
I bought a $100 bestbuy. The coupon did not print on my receipt so I went back to Customer Service. They couldn’t I figure why it didn’t print so gave me a $20 shoprite gift card.
So I’m not sure how it will work for others. I might hit another Shoprite in town and see what they have to say.
Thanks for the update. I will try at my store in Manchester Ct soon and update you all.

Well here we go...I transferred my BB gcs (purchased at 9% disc last week on ebay) to Disney gcs on Saturday. Checked out 7 times, with $50 disney gcs. Scanning the SB QR code ea time. I got two emails saying 100 SB pending. Fingers crossed that pans out.

After some back and forth with ibotta I did get them to credit my $20 for the ibotta days bonus they were offering last weekend.

If it all works out, I will have gotten $350 worth for $265. Which is great in my book!

Heck, if the SB still works I'd be tempted to cash out my ibotta and sb $ for BB GCs and earn an extra 10% back.

Last edited:
I have to purchase some Disney park tickets through Undercover Tourist and want to make sure I charge to the correct card for rewards. We have the CSP so I think it will code as 3x. I really should be putting this toward a MS though. I will be applying for the CIP later today ( as soon as I can get DH to refer me through his). I need to buy the tickets within 7 days and from what I've read I doubt I'd receive that card in time. Is there a card that I could apply for , and get, in time to make this purchase? I am currently 3/24.

I have to purchase some Disney park tickets through Undercover Tourist and want to make sure I charge to the correct card for rewards. We have the CSP so I think it will code as 3x. I really should be putting this toward a MS though. I will be applying for the CIP later today ( as soon as I can get DH to refer me through his). I need to buy the tickets within 7 days and from what I've read I doubt I'd receive that card in time. Is there a card that I could apply for , and get, in time to make this purchase? I am currently 3/24.
It’s not impossible to have the CIP in time! I applied for the CIP, was instantly approved, called and asked they expedited it, and I had the card in-hand less than 48 hours after applying!

Definitely call and request expedited if you're approved for the CIP. If you go pending and really want this card for the spend you would need to call Chase recon in order to assure you could get the card on time. Amex has been snail mailing lately, Barclaycard will expedite for $15 unless you get put into security review which can add 3 weeks to getting approval, US Bank expedites the altitude reserve but you have to be a us bank customer to get that and they can be real stingy about handing those out if you aren't "pre-qualified". Ask over on the i love credit cards thread here if you haven't already, they might be able to help more. Your timeline is just too short imho. You're stuck applying for the CIP and having to gear up for a Chase Biz recon call which can be nothing more than verification to brutally detailed about inquiries about your "business".

So my DD27 and her DH got the last 6 of their BB disney gc's on Sat, super easy. Then the last two with the BB promise savings codes on Sunday. It was great, they showed in the list right away and very shocked to see $30 on Monday already! Last week took five days, and I know another poster still is waiting for much longer. Plus the pending SB showed up quick, too. Not sure how long that will take to show up, maybe 30 days? Only one email for one of the cards for the 100 SB, but didn't get any for anything last week. Based on this timing, the last two from Sunday may show up today. This was great. I hope this deal just keeps going, lol. They spent $900 and got $90 in promo codes. Then with this deal we get another $120 between the BB 500 per card and the 2% SB, in addition, really amazing! So spent $900 and getting $1110!!

My bonus SB just came through {purchase was Saturday}. I got 500SB's for each $50 GC I purchased. Yay, yay, yay!

I think I'll cash out all my ibotta (about $130) and SB ($90ish) for BB GC. Then repeat. Anyone think of any reason this wouldn't work? Esp with the SB GC redemption. Otherwise, when our trip gets closer I can cash out for Walmart or Sam's and get Disney GCs at Sam's.

So my DD27 and her DH got the last 6 of their BB disney gc's on Sat, super easy. Then the last two with the BB promise savings codes on Sunday. It was great, they showed in the list right away and very shocked to see $30 on Monday already! Last week took five days, and I know another poster still is waiting for much longer. Plus the pending SB showed up quick, too. Not sure how long that will take to show up, maybe 30 days? Only one email for one of the cards for the 100 SB, but didn't get any for anything last week. Based on this timing, the last two from Sunday may show up today. This was great. I hope this deal just keeps going, lol. They spent $900 and got $90 in promo codes. Then with this deal we get another $120 between the BB 500 per card and the 2% SB, in addition, really amazing! So spent $900 and getting $1110!!

Awesome!

Anyone know if you can buy GCs at Office Depot, with Office Depot GC's? I'm thinking no, but wanted to make sure.

Was the BB offer you all are talking about a SB thing? Is it still going? Do they offer something like this very often?

Was the BB offer you all are talking about a SB thing? Is it still going? Do they offer something like this very often?

Right now, SB has been offering 500 bonus points for a $50 purchase at Best Buy (in store). I used discounted Best Buy GCs purchased March 17th through a deal on ebay/paypal gifts. This deal isn't available now, but if you have any BB GC's you want to turn into Disney (or something else), this is a good time to do it! You could also just buy GC's, $50 per transaction, straight from BB for a 10% savings. Personally, I wouldn't have done that because it seemed too risky. Not sure if the SB rewards would really work...since it's not supposed to since you're buying GC's and the deal could dry up at any time.

Does Lowes sell best buy? I haven't made it out there to check.

Mine don't. They have Target, Amazon and Bed Bath Beyond that work for me to get other gift cards; but our stores seem to have more cards than I remember and there's not much I'd need to trade for that I can't just get there. Was hoping for BB to stack with SB but no go so far.

Can I use PayPal on BJ's online? That would be great for my Ibotta rewards!

Sorry if this wasn't you, my brain finally pieced together a bunch of info I remembered reading into a coherent thought :) I remember someone wanting to use their PayPal balance to buy discounted gift cards rather than using a credit card. Did you ever look into the PayPal debit card?
I keep getting emails about it but since I linked my bank account to become verified and I prefer credit cards to earn the points (I just transfer PP money into my bank to pay the CC off), I didn't really research it in depth. Offhand it seems like there's no fees to get the card or to use it for purchases, the obvious fees is if you want to deposit cash or use a non-network ATM. On the surface seems like a good way for someone who wants to use their PP balance at more places (like BJ's) but doesn't want to use a credit card to make the purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter