Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to get back on topic, do the rest of you remember the iBotta Days 20% back offer for Target .com? Well, I had ordered a $100 Disney GC (physical, not electronic) and I used my Target card for the 5% discount. I never got a confirmation from iBotta and I figured that it was a nice try but wasn't going to credit. Imagine my confusion and surprise when I got a notification on Friday that I had $19.00 pending from Target .com! It won't be in my account for another 80 days but it was still "happy dance"-worthy. So, that GC was obtained with a 24% discount.

I assume this was just with your credit card and not Target gift cards, correct? That is exciting though!

There is a new Amex offer for Office Depot/Max - Spend $50 get $10 back. Looks like they sell their gift cards online via Gift Card Mall. When buying online, will it code as Gift Card Mall or Office Depot/Max for Amex offer purposes? I suspect the former. Anyone know for sure? The offer is good in store as well, but I'm lazy and want to work from my sofa! TIA!

No offer on 8 cards. No Office Depot/Max in my town either.

And to get back on topic, do the rest of you remember the iBotta Days 20% back offer for Target .com? Well, I had ordered a $100 Disney GC (physical, not electronic) and I used my Target card for the 5% discount. I never got a confirmation from iBotta and I figured that it was a nice try but wasn't going to credit. Imagine my confusion and surprise when I got a notification on Friday that I had $19.00 pending from Target .com! It won't be in my account for another 80 days but it was still "happy dance"-worthy. So, that GC was obtained with a 24% discount. :banana:

I got that also! Wish I had really gone all out :)

I assume this was just with your credit card and not Target gift cards, correct? That is exciting though!

It was the discount we got on Disney GC's from the veteran day sale that Ibotta ran when they gave 20% back. A few us tried to see if we would get the 20% back on GC's from Target. Surprisingly, it worked! And yes, I paid with my Target red card.

Slightly off-topic since this is more SW points than gift cards... but if you do Southwest RR Shopping points, They're having a promo ending today... Spend $1000 get 3000 bonus points. And at the moment Staples is giving 3x points instead of the usual 2x. This is high for non-specialty retailers. So all up, if you have anything to buy at Staples and you spend $1000, you'll get 3x points (3000) plus 3000 bonus for net 6000 points, which is approximately a free flight. :) It does exclude gift cards so you'd need a goods purchase. But hey it's a free flight and does not require opening a credit card for a lot of bonus points. Of course you're charging at Staples on top of it, so use your Chase Ink to get another 5% back.

Last edited:
It was the discount we got on Disney GC's from the veteran day sale that Ibotta ran when they gave 20% back. A few us tried to see if we would get the 20% back on GC's from Target. Surprisingly, it worked! And yes, I paid with my Target red card.

Darn, I didn't even think to shop through Target on that one. I got the 20% back on a Barnes and Noble purchase, but was too late on everything else.

Don't remember seeing if this has been covered before but the other day at my local BJ's in Weymouth MA they had $500 Disney GC's. Unfortunately I was unable to get a price on them as the price wasn't listed like the other ones were and I didn't have time to wait in the customer service line to find out.

Don't remember seeing if this has been covered before but the other day at my local BJ's in Weymouth MA they had $500 Disney GC's. Unfortunately I was unable to get a price on them as the price wasn't listed like the other ones were and I didn't have time to wait in the customer service line to find out.
Had it at my NJ BJs too... $479.99

Attachments

• IMG_3343.JPG
    IMG_3343.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 11
I can't quite figure out how to ask this without sounding snarky, but what is the appropriate number of posts to have to ask somebody to at least take a little effort before asking a question - like clicking back one page?

To people that have been reading this thread for awhile, we're fine with sharing a lot of knowledge we've acquired over the years about the best way to buy Disney GCs at a discount. And if you read all the nearly 1,500 pages of this thread, you'll realize there's been a lot of ways to do this and some of them very complicated and risky, but also very rewarding. It takes effort to stay current on all the ways that work and all the ways that used to work that don't any more. So if the people who do take that time and effort to share their knowledge with us all ask that somebody new click back a page or two before asking, I don't think that's such a mean thing to request.
Seriously?!?! I missed one tiny post. It took way more effort for you to complain about this than to just ignore mine. I am sorry! GEEZ! I'm pretty positive I have seen the same question asked several times on here. I am sorry I didn't go through 1400 pages before asking.

thanks everyone...needed more discounts to pay off DVC dues.
  • Purchased a couple $100 Disney Gift cards while at the Stop & Shops in NJ last week and used the grocery vouchers for needed supplies in NYC/NJ.
  • Yesterday, purchased $220 in Target cards from Raise for $193.00 and plan on using those to buy Disney gift cards.
  • Today purchased $450 in Best Buy cards. We will be using those and the $45 in bonus cards to buy Disney gift cards.

FYI:
The manager at the Best Buy gave me grief today about using Best Buy gift cards to buy Disney gift cards. I stated they have done it in the past and that the Cashstar Best Buy
offer didn't state any exclusions about using them to buy Disney gift cards so she allowed me to proceed forward but told me she wouldn't honor it again.

FYI:
The manager at the Best Buy gave me grief today about using Best Buy gift cards to buy Disney gift cards. I stated they have done it in the past and that the Cashstar Best Buy
offer didn't state any exclusions about using them to buy Disney gift cards so she allowed me to proceed forward but told me she wouldn't honor it again.
Wonder if it’s just by location. The one I go to they all ask when’s the next trip.

Oh, thanks for reporting back on the $500 GC in BJ's. I kept forgetting to stop in to see if they updated the GC racks with it. For myself, latest comparison chart.

BJ's Wholesale

Denomination In-Store Price Discount% OnlinePrice Shipping* Discount%
Disney $25.. ........... 23.99 ......... 4% ........ 24.49 ........ 0 .......... 2%
Disney $50.. ........... 47.99 ......... 4% ........ 48.49 ........ 0 .......... 3%
Disney $100. .......... 95.99 ......... 4% ........ 95.99 .......,.0 .......... 4%
Disney 3pk $150 .... 146.99 ......... 2% ...... 143.99 ........ 0 .......... 4%
Disney $500 ...........479.99 ..........4% ...... 479.99 .........5 .......... 3% (when not sold out online, in the 'Adventures & Getaways' sub category)
.....................................................................*per order (may change based on zip?)

Sam's Club

Disney $25.. ............N/A ............0% ..........N/A ............ .............0%
Disney $50.. ............N/A ............0% ..........N/A ............ ......//.....0%
Disney $100. ...........N/A ............0% ..........N/A ............ .......//....0%
Disney 3pk $150 ... 144.98 ........3.3% ........142.99 ......0.99 ........4.0%
Disney $500. .........479.98 ........4.0% ........479.99 ......0.99 ........3.8%
.......................................................................*per GC

Oh, thanks for reporting back on the $500 GC in BJ's. I kept forgetting to stop in to see if they updated the GC racks with it. For myself, latest comparison chart.

BJ's Wholesale

Disney $25.. ........... 23.99 ......... 4% ........ 24.49 ........ 0 .......... 2%
Disney $50.. ........... 47.99 ......... 4% ........ 48.49 ........ 0 .......... 3%
Disney $100. .......... 95.99 ......... 4% ........ 95.99 .......,.0 .......... 4%
Disney 3pk $150 .... 146.99 ......... 2% ...... 143.99 ........ 0 .......... 4%
Disney $500 ...........479.99 ..........4% ...... 479.99 .........5 .......... 3% (when not sold out online, in the 'Adventures & Getaways' sub category)
.....................................................................*per order (may change based on zip?)

Sam's Club

Disney $25.. ............N/A ............0% ..........N/A ............ .............0%
Disney $50.. ............N/A ............0% ..........N/A ............ ......//.....0%
Disney $100. ...........N/A ............0% ..........N/A ............ .......//....0%
Disney 3pk $150 ... 144.98 ........3.3% ........142.99 ......0.99 ........4.0%
Disney $500. .........479.98 ........4.0% ........479.99 ......0.99 ........3.8%
.......................................................................*per GC

Thanks for keeping this updated. I don't have a membership at either, but BJ's let's you purchase online for the same price as members, and I'm looking forward to 10% cash back with DiscoverIt in January.

The manager at the Best Buy gave me grief today about using Best Buy gift cards to buy Disney gift cards. I stated they have done it in the past and that the Cashstar Best Buy offer didn't state any exclusions about using them to buy Disney gift cards so she allowed me to proceed forward but told me she wouldn't honor it again.
Please folks, if a cashier shuts you down at a store -- do *not* complain to the manager! All this will do is ensure that manager brings this up at his morning meeting so every employee knows. What we're doing is certainly borderline not allowed and talking to managers creates awareness. Yes you shoved this one thru by insisting on the legaleez but if you had not, and had just accepted no from the cashier, all the other cashiers might have still allowed it. You shoot yourself in the foot by pressing your "right" to do this. You ruin it for others too. If someone says no to buying -- accept that politely, go away and come back later or go to a different store. Do not raise awareness by escalating. All GC-GC purchases are not intended use and they slip by only by lax enforcement at this point.

ETA: We should absolutely not be suggesting that people attempt to get GC-GC purchases forced thru by escalating to a manager. That is the worst possible action and shows lack of understanding the 1500 pages that have gone into these methods. This is why we don't make steps for people to follow but instead want folks to read a lot so as to understand the context and what amateur mistakes gets money-making opportunities closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter