Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I ran it the lady asked me to see my license and to see the card I was using. I handed her the card and license and was told I couldn't use it. I asked to speak to a manager and he told me it wasn't allowed. So I drove down the road. Lesson I learned was to use self checkout.
If it REALLY wasn't allowed, why does the register accept it? My favorite question when they say no in a store. One time Target told me no so I did the same exact thing.

This week Target has a coupon for a $5 GC if you spend $20 or more on beauty items. Razor blades, oral care, cosmetics, hair care, body wash, deodorant, etc. By dividing up my purchases I've already collected 6 GC. It's a great way to stock up on items that we use regularly. Razor blades alone can be over $20. The back of the GC does say that it can't be used to buy another GC, so I'll use the GC to pay for future purchases at Target and then set aside the dollar amount of the GC from my household budget for toiletries to use for our October trip.

I'm not sure if Target will give you 2 GC if you spend $40. I've had my kids get the coupons on their phones and then divide the items so we each have $20 worth.

This week Target has a coupon for a $5 GC if you spend $20 or more on beauty items. Razor blades, oral care, cosmetics, hair care, body wash, deodorant, etc. By dividing up my purchases I've already collected 6 GC. It's a great way to stock up on items that we use regularly. Razor blades alone can be over $20. The back of the GC does say that it can't be used to buy another GC, so I'll use the GC to pay for future purchases at Target and then set aside the dollar amount of the GC from my household budget for toiletries to use for our October trip.

I'm not sure if Target will give you 2 GC if you spend $40. I've had my kids get the coupons on their phones and then divide the items so we each have $20 worth.

You won't get 2 GCs if you spend $40.
You CAN use the GC to purchase another GC.
all the mobile codes are the same, screenshot and send :)

You won't get 2 GCs if you spend $40.
You CAN use the GC to purchase another GC.
all the mobile codes are the same, screenshot and send :)

It must depend on the Target, then. I tried and it wouldn't go through. Then the cashier pointed out that the back of the card specifically says that GC can't be used to buy another.

It must depend on the Target, then. I tried and it wouldn't go through. Then the cashier pointed out that the back of the card specifically says that GC can't be used to buy another.

you can't use the GC you earned on the same transaction. try going to self checkout, i just did it this morning. had no problems.

I use those buy X number of items/spend X number of dollars in this category and get a Target gift card all the time to buy Disney gift cards. Their system allows it. It technically classifies Disney gift cards as entertainment cards. Many cashiers are uneducated/uninformed about what their system does and does not allow when it comes to Disney gift cards. It's a lot easier to use a self-checkout if one is available. I've even turned them around in back to back transactions i.e. get the Target gift card, grab a Disney gift card, and walk over to self-checkout to convert it.

The 4x fuel points for Vacation Category gift cards digital coupon works on Disney! Tried with a $50 and a $25 about an hour apart. The sign in my Kroger shows Southwest, Delta, Hotels.com, AirBnB, Carnival, Uber and a few others that I can't remember. And since the 4x fuel points for gift cards is still showing in my account as "expires today", I got extra points. 300 points for the $50 card and 150 for the $25.

you can't use the GC you earned on the same transaction. try going to self checkout, i just did it this morning. had no problems.

I use those buy X number of items/spend X number of dollars in this category and get a Target gift card all the time to buy Disney gift cards. Their system allows it. It technically classifies Disney gift cards as entertainment cards. Many cashiers are uneducated/uninformed about what their system does and does not allow when it comes to Disney gift cards. It's a lot easier to use a self-checkout if one is available. I've even turned them around in back to back transactions i.e. get the Target gift card, grab a Disney gift card, and walk over to self-checkout to convert it.

I did not try to use the same card I had just received, I tried to use some I had gotten the previous day. I did use the self checkout (based on advice here) and the machine would not let me do it. The manager was called over and confirmed what the cashier had told me (when she saw me having problems), that I couldn't use those cards to buy a Disney GC. It's not really a big deal to me because I can work around it. On Monday my neighbor had had the same trouble I had and she was told the same thing that I was. The system was not letting us do it.

I did not try to use the same card I had just received, I tried to use some I had gotten the previous day. I did use the self checkout (based on advice here) and the machine would not let me do it. The manager was called over and confirmed what the cashier had told me (when she saw me having problems), that I couldn't use those cards to buy a Disney GC. It's not really a big deal to me because I can work around it. On Monday my neighbor had had the same trouble I had and she was told the same thing that I was. The system was not letting us do it.
Interesting. I had a bunch of $5 cards I have been saving from purchasing at Target, and I used them a couple of days ago to buy an Olive Garden gift card with no issues.

The 4x fuel points for Vacation Category gift cards digital coupon works on Disney! Tried with a $50 and a $25 about an hour apart. The sign in my Kroger shows Southwest, Delta, Hotels.com, AirBnB, Carnival, Uber and a few others that I can't remember. And since the 4x fuel points for gift cards is still showing in my account as "expires today", I got extra points. 300 points for the $50 card and 150 for the $25.

Be sure to take the short Kroger Survey for an additional 50 fuel points all the information is at the bottom of your receipt!

What location please.

And since the 4x fuel points for gift cards is still showing in my account as "expires today", I got extra points. 300 points for the $50 card and 150 for the $25.

Interesting that the "old" coupon has disappeared from my account - even though it should still be good through today. I'm gonna assume that means I won't get the extra points. I was thinking I might make the trip to Kroger to try, but on second thought, I feel like I'm on fuel points overload and I might need to seek counseling if I continue at this rate - ha.

Interesting. There was a report or 2 a while back from someone whose Target's computer system no longer allowed gift card to gift card either. A couple q's if you don't mind? Did the computers look new (or is this a software update)? Did you/will you be trying a regular, non bonus, Target gift card to 3rd party gift card?

Interesting. There was a report or 2 a while back from someone whose Target's computer system no longer allowed gift card to gift card either. A couple q's if you don't mind? Did the computers look new (or is this a software update)? Did you/will you be trying a regular, non bonus, Target gift card to 3rd party gift card?

I'm not sure about the computers, to be honest. The self checkout has been there for over a year, maybe it is a software update? No, I wasn't trying to use a non bonus Target GC. I tried to use the ones I had gotten from the buy $20, get $5 GC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter