Disney Genie coming to Walt Disney World planning

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be VERY interesting to see how this plays out. I'm glad I have plenty of time to watch.

How much of all the Epcot changes/upgrades do we have timelines for? I know most are very general, but is all this info in one place somewhere? If it is, I can't find it.
The Genie thing looks great, I will be checking it out when it arrives.

How much of all the Epcot changes/upgrades do we have timelines for? I know most are very general, but is all this info in one place somewhere? If it is, I can't find it.
The Genie thing looks great, I will be checking it out when it arrives.
Visit other threads for that info.

It sounds nice. Based on the IT issues I've seen in the past year around data warehouses, mobile applications, and BCDR, I suspect it will be very short time until we see threads complaining that it doesn't work.

I agree, when it comes to Disney and IT they don't mix well with working properly. Not looking forward to another app with sporadic issues, wish they would put some of their talents to getting their IT in order.

I feel like this is less about trip planning based on an individual family’s needs and wants, and more about Disney trying to spread out and control crowds. Could be wrong.

Yup. I think it's gonna be about that too, now that I think about it (especially since it looks like they want to push for themed experiences).

This also reminds me of that brief time Magic Kingdom was offering day tickets with included FPs based around a specific theme.

Interested to see how this works. I think I will battle with it personally as I like to have complete control. Also interested on how it would work on the day for people with ADR’s as Chapek pointed out. Most are always fully booked at 180.

I think if this app has real time availability for dining based on your location, that would really be impressive. Unless that already exists??

As long as it doesn't automatically mess with my plans........can already see a carefully planned itinerary being scotched by the Disney Genie to give us something we don't want. Then stuck scrambling to get back what we lost.

All as a 'magical enhancement' to our trip, of course!

The idea of this with Disney IT - scares me!

I feel like this is less about trip planning based on an individual family’s needs and wants, and more about Disney trying to spread out and control crowds. Could be wrong.

It's one and the same. The idea is to control and spread crowds out by pushing them to areas with shorter waits that meet specific goals, using data of current crowds and anticipated future crowds to make the schedule. Genie sounds *exactly* like Touring Plans, but Genie sounds like it has more robust preplanned options compared to Touring Plans, which outside of a few preplanned trips is largely dependent on heavy user involvement to say what the user wants to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter