Disney for Christmas

TSH

Earning My Ears
Thinking about doing Disney for XMAS next year. Not a DVC member. Will be traveling with 6 adults, 2 teens, 2 kids.
Recommendations? On site location for 10 would be ideal. Thanks!

We are going the week before Christmas and have a large family 6 adults, 1 child. We choose to stay at PC with hopes that we get adjoining rooms if not at least the same floor(I called and requested both of these). If you are just using the rooms to sleep, bathe and off to the parks I would check into the value resorts or even 2 family suites at AOA if you want more space.

We are traveling with six adults and a baby. We always stay at the value resorts because we only sleep there and bathe, etc. 2 couples of our group get adjoining rooms and the other one is always right next door. It works out very well with us and saves us a lot of money because we are hardly ever there. This will be my 10th trip.[/QUOTE]

We've done a party of 10 at both POR and Poly. At both we booked far enough out that we could get 4 rooms at each of those locations. We enjoyed them both and both had lots of activities for the kids in the party.

On my mom's bucket list is the Treehouse units at Saratoga or a Grand Villa that can hold us all. Maybe next time.

I hope you have Great Christmas and חַג שָׂמֵחַ to everyone celebrating Chanukah. I wish you a great and prosperous 2019.

Thinking about doing Disney for XMAS next year. Not a DVC member. Will be traveling with 6 adults, 2 teens, 2 kids.
Recommendations? On site location for 10 would be ideal. Thanks!
Recommend you get a consensus in your group to the resort or resorts you want to stay at as early as possible, which usually will provide you the best selection of room and discounts like AAA rooms. I would also recommend if you have not traveled with this group that you discuss every ones expectations so you develop a common understanding regarding parks, resort, dining, etc. . After that I would recommend you continue to look for better deals that may be introduced during the time periods prior to your trip. If this is not your thing, consider a Certified Disney Planner-Travel Agent to help you. Special discount offering usually will need to be booked during specific time periods with limited number of rooms. Then you also have possible "free" dining offerings. Overall, its about location/resort, price and your budget. I would also grab the park hours this year to get an idea how they differ, along with parades, shows and special seating offerings. This will help you manage the group in making ADRs, Special event reservations, dining special events. Overall, Wilderness Lodge and the Poly have trending in being some the more popular resorts to book out early.

Onsite location will make it so much easier to get to the parks than offsite at Christmas time. But the only units that hold ten people are DVC grand villas and you probably need a member to book that for you, either through broker like Davids or an individual (check the Rent/Trade Board on the DVC boards here on the DIS). You need to book that reservation no later than the end of January 2019. You are probably better off getting multiple hotel rooms because it will be cheaper and easier to accomplish.

Recommend you get a consensus in your group to the resort or resorts you want to stay at as early as possible, which usually will provide you the best selection of room and discounts like AAA rooms. I would also recommend if you have not traveled with this group that you discuss every ones expectations so you develop a common understanding regarding parks, resort, dining, etc. . After that I would recommend you continue to look for better deals that may be introduced during the time periods prior to your trip. If this is not your thing, consider a Certified Disney Planner-Travel Agent to help you. Special discount offering usually will need to be booked during specific time periods with limited number of rooms. Then you also have possible "free" dining offerings. Overall, its about location/resort, price and your budget. I would also grab the park hours this year to get an idea how they differ, along with parades, shows and special seating offerings. This will help you manage the group in making ADRs, Special event reservations, dining special events. Overall, Wilderness Lodge and the Poly have trending in being some the more popular resorts to book out early.

All good advice except there haven’t been AAA discounts for Disney resorts in years.. if the OP wants those, they’ll have to look offsite.

We will be there as well for Christmas this year and always stay onsite! 3 adults, 1 teen, 1kid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter