Disney for Adults Bucket List

avic77

Fish out of water
Life as empty nesters is rapidly approaching. While it is in some ways sad, I am also looking forward to adult only vacations. I would like to make a "bucket list" I guess. I have never had a bucket list so I need some inspiration! What would be on your "Adult Only Disney Bucket List".

Tours and special events.

Fine dining including Victoria and Albert's.

Fireworks cruise.

(Of course it will come down to individual preferences.)

I agree with Bete on tours and special events. I have done Wild Africa Trek and Keys to the Kingdom so far. DH and I have done a special meal at Food & Wine and Highway in the Sky Dine around. Jellyrolls was a lot of fun. V&A would not be on my list, as we don't enjoy that type of dining experience. There are a lot of places at Disney Springs to try.

We enjoyed the Star Wars tour. We are looking at going again next September and may do something like that again. We really enjoyed our table services meals alot

I am doing my first ever solo trip in February. I was very quick to book Keys to the Kingdom and Wild Africa Trek! I think a monorail pub crawl could be fun too, but not for me on a solo trip! Perhaps eating at least once at each of the signature locations.

Personally I love animals, so I could spend hours at AK, just wandering around, especially the two animal viewing trails, and watching the animals interact. I remember spending the entire morning once at the "bachelor" gorillas at Panjani Exploration Trail-they were chasing each other around, stealing each others things, sneaking up and poking each other, so funny, but definitely something our DGDs would be bored doing.

Trust me when I tell you that you have not experianced Walt Disney World until you do it sans children. I have been with my kids and my grandkids (I'm 65, wife is 64) multiple times. Starting 5 years ago my wife and I decided to do it alone, no kids. Halfway through the week my wife exclaimed that this was the best time she had ever had here and couldn't understand why. I too was thinking the same thing. Then it came to me, no kids. We go every year now, no kids and trust me, you won't need a bucket list. You will just have to get used to the fact that you are enjoying these parks like never before. 137 more days and we're back.

Staying at the Contemporary Resort, Magic Kingdom View and, since I am dreaming, preferably Club Level.

Looking towards the future, staying at the (to be built) Star Wars Resort.

That said, DW and I are blessed to be able to be living our top bucket list item, we are Disney snowbirds.

For sure tours and events. We've done Wild Africa Trek and loved it. I would even do it again. I'm trying to book the Keys to the Kingdom tour soon. You don't say what time of year you're going; if it's during a party time (e.g., MNSSHP or MVMCP), that's a lot of fun when just adults especially after the fireworks when a lot of families with young children head out. It's fun to do MK when it's dark and not too busy. We like to spend time watching the street performances at HS and Epcot sometimes without ever going on a ride for the whole day. We've never had children so all of our trips have been adults-only and we like to take it leisurely. Do whatever we feel like when we feel like it even if it's sitting in a lounge absorbing all of the Disney details either in a park or at one of the hotels. Hotel hopping to look at them is a favourite activity too especially at the Christmas holidays to look at the decorations.

Enjoy your empty nesterhood!
Since we've become empty nesters, we've done Aulani and Disneyland (30th anniversary celebration) and cruised on 3 of the Disney ships.
We cruised Alaska, Canada and Bahamas. Hoping to sail that 4th ship next year.
Other than Aulani and Disneyland Hotel, we've not stayed at a deluxe at WDW yet and hoping to find a deal to try them out!
Have fun making and living your bucket list!

I LOVED staying Club Level at the Grand Floridian. The thing about CL is that it makes sense if you do *not* rope drop. Have a leisurely breakfast every.single.day. Spend the days at the park and then come back for dinner, cocktails and to enjoy the live music. You can always go back to the parks for the night shows and fireworks.

My bucket list consist of staying at all the deluxe resorts. I had a previous bucket list of sailing on all the Disney ships but I've accomplished that list until of course the new ships are released in the next several years.

Last edited:
We have tried the deluxe resorts in the Epcot area( Yacht and Boardwalk). It's so convenient to catch a boat to Hollywood Studios and an easy stroll to Epcot. The Club level has it's benefits. But, we've stayed with and without the perks. We love the area for visiting a variety of restaurants along Epcot, the Boardwalk,and the many resorts. We enjoy a midday break back at the resort for pool time. We're growing old, not up! It's great to enjoy beings kids at the parks.:earsgirl::earsboy:

Senses Spa. I never would have thought of it myself, but my friend booked us a massage at GF on our trip one summer.

That did it. My next (solo) trip, I booked a massage--and doubled the time!--at CSR.

I guess you could say Sarasota Springs and Swan/Dolphin - Mandala are on my list now!

Around the world tour of Disney:
DVC VB-EB Trans Atlantic DCL-Disney Paris-Disney Asia China/HK/Japan-DVC Alunai-DVC GCV/DL-DVC HH-DVC Orlando/WDW

Last edited:
Wild Africa Trek, Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon, VIP guide for an afternoon (or full day!), Victoria & Alberts, Aulani, Tokyo Disney Sea, ... the lists seriously endless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter