Disney food you miss the most...

Years ago Dixie Landings had a bakery where you could watch them make all of their baked goods. They had the best chocolate brownies with chocolate frosting. Once they closed down that section of the bakery they never tasted the same.

I wonder how many people are scratching their heads, wondering "Dixie Landings-where's that?" I used to love to eat in the food court there, especially when it had a different name, something to do with cotton, and there were big bales of cotton everywhere.

More recently I miss the almond tarts at Starbucks, at least in Epcot.

I wonder how many people are scratching their heads, wondering "Dixie Landings-where's that?" I used to love to eat in the food court there, especially when it had a different name, something to do with cotton, and there were big bales of cotton everywhere.

More recently I miss the almond tarts at Starbucks, at least in Epcot.
Not me. That was the first place we stayed as a family. We still call it that.

The triffle in the Brittish pavilion in Epcot. My mom was from Scotland, and used to make them, and it was always our "thing" to get one. We will be going back to Disney on Oct 23 - Exactly 7 years from the day my mom passed. It would be truly magical if they somehow brought them back...

Not me. That was the first place we stayed as a family. We still call it that.

We do too, and then you remember what the name is now, and correct yourself for people who don’t know what you’re talking about!

I miss the old crabcakes from Kona Café, beaver tails, and the skillets they used to do at Bonfamille's café at POFQ. I miss that whole restaurant! I thought that the food there was more interesting than Boatwrights.

Attachments

• D9E04337-1215-4B82-A6E9-9F4B1C490694.jpeg
    D9E04337-1215-4B82-A6E9-9F4B1C490694.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 11
1. Cinnamon rolls from Main Street Bakery (actually, all the pre-Starbucks pastry items)

2. Fountain View coffee (pre-Starbucks). They used to have these crystallized sugar sticks they put in the espresso drinks, LOVED those as a kid.

3. Breakfast at Tony's

-The original Micky Mouse Ice Cream bars, with the chocolate covered ears only, vanilla face, chocolate features - served dry ice frozen.

-Contemporary Terrace Cafe (pre-chef mickey's and better) character breakfast buffet - favorite item was the amazing cinnamon sugar coated french toast.

Tiramisu from narcoossee’s that had the coffee beans on top of it. I’m talking 15 plus years ago. My wife and myself when dating used to end our night at the bar sharing it with a drink before bed.

Oh I forgot about the Main Street bakery before Starbucks took over. They had this pastry that was loaded with raisins and apples. It wasn’t a turnover but similar.

I miss the bbq fillet at California grill. They also one thanksgiving had this pork sushi roll with an apple chutney. It was one of the best things I ever had at Disney. I miss the old California grill.

Croque Monsieur from when Chefs de France had a lunch menu

Fettuccini Alfredo from Alfredo’s. I know the dish is on the menu other places but it’s not the same...

Tusker House at AK used to be a CS restaurant. They had a fried chicken sandwich that was on point, and a carrot cake that was fantastic. It was real sliced cake, not the pre-packaged plastic dome stuff.

LeCellier used to have a maple glazed filet they served with sour cream mashed potatoes that was out of sight. Under $30, or 1 TS credit, back before they went crazy with their prices/credits.

Kona Café had a panko fried shrimp (4) and grilled scallop meal (3) they served with sticky rice and seaweed salad and a ponzu glaze. Eventually they reduced the scallops from 3 to 2, then they took it off the menu entirely.

The Mac and cheese from Flying Fish. I would have been happy with just that for dinner. (Except the steak was also just so awesome)

I also miss Disney restaurants having lunch and dinner menus that are different (lunch does seem to be creeping back in spots) the theme parks are generally very hot, and the heavier dinner stuff just DOES NOT appeal to me in the afternoon.

I really miss the mushroom soup from Boma. Last June the Cast Member there told me it had been taken off the menu a while ago, since it was not popular with guests. No wonder I hadn't seen it in the buffet for years and years. It was so savory. The recipes for it are online and I made it once at home; it was a delicious and almost exact taste, but it's still not quite like having it at Boma. :)

Smoked prime rib at Boma (now its a strip loin)
Smoked tomato soup at Boma
Smoked duck at Citricos
Main Street Bakery Cinnamon Rolls
Pork shanks as Gastons
Strawberry Swirl
The former salad at LTT - ate there last week and now it's such a disappointment!
Tusker House CS was soooo good
More variety of Grab n Go options at the resorts

Last edited:
I just thought of 1 more: Sunshine Seasons used to have a noodle salad with seared tuna and roasted beets with an Asian dressing. I never knew I liked beets until I had that salad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter