Disney food you miss the most...

1) Vegetable Bao Bun at Satu'li Canteen
2) Falafel burger at Grand Floridian Cafe

I’m probably the only one, but I miss the Caprese sandwich from the Boardwalk Bakery. My first stay at BWI was 7 nights two years ago and I grabbed it as take-out 3 or 4 times. I’m staying at BWI now and am particularly nostalgic. The veggie sandwich replacement just doesn’t cut it.

I also miss the strawberry swirl ice cream from enchanted grove. We would get it then go into cosmic rays to eat it. I agree, so much better than Dole Whip (probably will be flamed for that).

OMGosh!!! The FROZEN CAPPUCCINO from (the real) Main Street Bakery! We would all get one every night before we left the park. Boy, we miss these so much. Nothing was more refreshing after a hot day in MK.❤️

When the rotating restaurant first opened in the Land and was called the Good Turn, it had the best breakfast pastries (complimentary), fresh squeezed orange juice and a wonderful dish called the Sunrise. It was fluffy scrambled eggs in a puff pastry topped with cheddar cheese and fresh asparagus. I think there may have been some bacon in there too. The booths were covered in dark red velvet, there were white table cloths and nice place settings. It was so different from today's farmhouse atmosphere.

The pizza at Pioneer Hall in the 80's was the best!! Not sure if it was really the pizza or just the whole atmosphere that made it amazing!

Last edited:
Years ago Dixie Landings had a bakery where you could watch them make all of their baked goods. They had the best chocolate brownies with chocolate frosting. Once they closed down that section of the bakery they never tasted the same.

When Le Cellier first opened it was a cafeteria and sold Tourtiere that was delicious. I don’t understand why they never sold it again even if only at lunch.

Chicken fingers. I miss the old chicken fingers that they sold at the resorts and at the parks. The only time I ate chicken fingers was at wdw. Who’s bright idea was it to take them off of the menu and to replace them with crappy chicken legs at the children’s buffet? When I vacation I want to eat unhealthy and be happy!

The pizza at Pioneer Hall in the 80's was the best!! Not sure if it was really the pizza or just the whole atmosphere that made it amazing!

I totally remember this! hen you would wait for your pizza to be cooked and your name called over the speaker when it was ready!
I miss:
  • When WDW offered Pepsi instead of Coke
  • Le Cellier bread sticks (they would make a killing selling these from a stand out front!)
  • Before they remodeled the Germany pavilion to add the Werther's shop (which is great--who didn't just blow through that place when it was Hummel figurines??) there was the great little shop in the middle that sold candy and had a little bakery counter. They used to sell gingerbread Mickey men with dark chocolate ears and I was obsessed with them! I have seen the other bakeries and holiday shops selling similar cookies but they aren't the same. (And I just realized my avatar is my home attempt at making my own :)

1. Chef's counter wine dinner at Flying Fish
2. Ostrich appetizer at Jiko
3. Victoria & Albert's previous format (many more choices)
4. Akershus before princess dining, when it was a full smorgasbord

3. Victoria & Albert's previous format (many more choices)
4. Akershus before princess dining, when it was a full smorgasbord

Me too! Never got to do V&A because I had to cancel my trip last October. I am not as interested in it this trip, maybe in the further.

I loved Akershus when it was a smorgasbord! I haven’t tried it since though the buffet app sounds promising.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter