Disney Food Nostalgia

I remember going to Disney as a little girl (1991-1995 ish) and there being these massive barrels at lots of snack locations. They used to contain pickles.. huge ones! I see the familiar massive turkey legs but I have yet to see a pickle in a barrel!
Pickles are in the food court outside of American Adventure in MK
Also in Ak near the Safari ride

Main Street Bakery had those awesome ice cream cookie sandwiches- where they would take two gigantic chocolate chip cookies and hand scoop vanilla ice cream to sandwich between them- yum!!!

These are no more??? I had one in December and it was amazing!

Main Street Bakery had those awesome ice cream cookie sandwiches- where they would take two gigantic chocolate chip cookies and hand scoop vanilla ice cream to sandwich between them- yum!!!<3

You can still get them from the ice cream shop on Main Street and, surprisingly, in Dinoland. At the walk up stand, immediately after you cross the bridge coming from Discovery Island (Flametree BBQ on the left), cross the bridge and the walk up snack window on the right has them!

My favorite menu item at WDW was the maple barbecue filet at Canada's Le Cellier. One of the best steaks I think I've ever eaten.

Oh, I agree. I think we miss the Fireworks Factory most of all. We ate there every trip.

So the question is....was the food that good or is it nostalgia (with a dash of booze) that makes us miss the Fireworks factory?

Every trip we looked forward to the beaver tails at a stand in Canada near LeCellier.

So the question is....was the food that good or is it nostalgia (with a dash of booze) that makes us miss the Fireworks factory?

The hot wings were that good. We live about 25 minutes from Disney Springs (depending on traffic) and we would drive over specifically to get the wings, and then go home without doing anything else there - at least 2-3 times a month. Most places the wings are so dry, and these were so juicy and flavorful. . .:cloud9:

Since I don't drink, I would say the food was that tasty. I still have one of those foil "fireworks"picks they used to stick in the food.

This dates me terribly, but in the ancient past, my family once stayed at the Golf Resort. In the Trophy Room they had a desert that seemed irresistible - French Fried Ice Cream. I was a very small girl at the time, but to this day, I can still close my eyes and see that bowl of yumminess arrive at the table. Yep, it is a silly thing to remember. But, of course, this was before I developed a palate for things like lobster, sushi and Doke Whip ... not on the same plate, though!

Main Street Bakery had those awesome ice cream cookie sandwiches- where they would take two gigantic chocolate chip cookies and hand scoop vanilla ice cream to sandwich between them- yum!!!
If the line was too long there, Sleepy Hollow had a very similar setup :)

The Land Pavilion used to have a BBQ section, back when it was Sunshine Season Food Fair- and you could choose between BBQ chicken or ribs with fries or mashed potatoes and coleslaw! <3

I loved to get one of those sandwiches after the fireworks and watch the World exit the park. It was awesome!

MK bakery cinnamon rolls...

I knwo. NAd it is not the same to get them at Gaston's.

Itzakadoozies- we loved them!

My DGD practically lived on those for two years! Her snacks were limited due to multiple food allergies, so the CHefs would often give her one for dessert. At Mickey's BBQ, which was nto a blast for her, she ate a little and filled up on those from the ice cream cooler> they were so good!

I miss the scalloped potatoes at 'Ohana. I can make then at home but they are just not the same.

Memere's French Toast at the old Bonfamilles at POFQ, and the little shrimp & pork pot stickers at 'Ohana.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter