Disney Fantasy - Rainforest Room Pass?

DW and I had a nice time using 2 day passes each over the course of a 7 day cruise, for about an hour each day. Any more than that would have been a struggle to use for us with port days and activities on the ship. We found the place empty and all to ourselves on sea days around 9:30 - 10:30am on The Fantasy. Be ready to gasp when you first step into those cold rain showers after baking in the sauna though!

Rainforest room is all together. And zero privacy if that was what you were thinking.

The free sauna is in each locker room, so it is separated by gender.

Thanks! We have done spa days together where we didn’t even see each other! I hate that!

We love coming into our stateroom upon arrival and finding our pre-ordered rainforest passes. One for each of us, for each day of the cruise. Gives each of us loads of flexibility and we truly enjoy it!

The spa section is co-ed. The locker rooms are gender separate. But together you can steam, sauna, whirlpool, and do the "theme" showers in the Rainforest Spa area.

Called and added a pass today! Super excited. Just did one day because we have small kids and not sure how much they'll want to be in the kids club without us.

We just had a 4 night cruise on the Wonder. Previous cruise (3 nights on the Dream) we were able to buy single day passes on board. But this cruise they told me "they weren't sure" if they were doing that or not. They implied if enough couples passes were bought then they wouldn't be selling the single day passes for the days we wanted. Now I am suspecting enough people bought single passes online that they didn't want to sell more on board. Ended up getting a couples length of cruise pass, but we didn't get to use it the first night. I only got it because the hard sell, they implied I was risking it if I didn't buy the overpriced pass. I did really want to use the rainforest room but I'm bummed I didn't have many choices and had to pay for a day I didn't get to use. I could not anticipate they would hesitate to sell single day passes as on our last cruise they did. I find the way they sell passes convoluted. You can only get single passes pre cruise (by phone/fax) and only length of cruise on board.

Next cruise I'm buying single day passes online!! Thanks for this thread it helped me figure things out.

I'm planning the 1 day passes myself. I figure I won't really have time on embarkation day and I won't have time on CC day (we'll spend the whole day on the island and then come back and pack and dinner and all that jazz), but even if I buy 5 passes for the other days and don't use every single one, it is $94 with gratuity vs more like $169 with gratuity for the week pass. I don't care for/about the scrubs.

I just read through this thread and I’m a little confused about the price. If I buy a single day ahead of time it’s $16.00 plus gratuity and if I wait until I’m on board it’s $27.00 and gratuity. If that’s the case I’ll buy a few now. Thanks!!

I just read through this thread and I’m a little confused about the price. If I buy a single day ahead of time it’s $16.00 plus gratuity and if I wait until I’m on board it’s $27.00 and gratuity. If that’s the case I’ll buy a few now. Thanks!!
Passes purchased on board include additional scrubs; pre-purchased passes do not.

FWIW, I have never known them to sell a day pass onboard - only length of cruise. If you only want a day or so, buy it in advance. (And yes, the pre-purchased ones do not include scrubs. No great loss IMHO...in my experience, they are oily and gross and make the shower floor slippery for you and everyone else.)

If I buy the online and don't use it this cruise (three-day, so might not have enough time), can I bring it back for the next cruise?

Just booked it for upcoming trip on the Dream. Instructions from the chat agent: To order you can go on our website under My Disney Cruise, In-room Gifts & Amenities, under Onboard Gift and Amenities, Choose a Port, (item SPA RAIN PKG) and download a gift order form and fax it to (407)-566-3760. You can also purchase it by calling 800-601-8455 or 407-566-7000 Monday - Friday 8:00am - 10:00pm (ET) Saturday - Sunday 9:00am - 8:00pm (ET).
I called the 800# and booked 3 days x 2 = 6 passes @ $18.88 per ($16 + 18% gratuity). Multi-day and couples-multi-day are only available when onboard. I'm going to try to negotiate a refund from what I just bought (I know, good luck LOL). But didn't want to risk passes selling out entirely.

So, I don't have to wait until our check-in date to purchase?

So, I don't have to wait until our check-in date to purchase?

No, because it isn't an activity you book for a particular day - you just buy yourself a pass under "gifts and amenities" so it's handled by that department of DCL. Same department you would contact to pre-buy room decorations, or the robes package, etc.

And yep that's it on the Fantasy (your video post) - really nice and relaxing :)

I'm so glad the OP asked this question! I just booked this as a surprise birthday present for my DH! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter