Disney Family Museum in SF

disney_dreaming_mom

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been to the Disney museum in SF? We are going to SF for the holidays to visit family and were thinking about going. In your experience would it be suitable for a toddler? I've heard it takes about 4 hours to see everything and am wondering if there is anything for little ones to enjoy? TIA!!!

I volunteer at the museum and I've seen many toddlers rumbling through. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, though. I don't think the adults can take in everything if they're worried about what the kids are doing. Even the interactive exhibits are better suited for kids who are least 5 years old. And since you can't take strollers into the galleries, you can't even hope that they'll fall asleep. Still, if you want to go, please do! The staff is accommodating and friendly, not like an art museum, say, and you'll still have a good time. (Maybe just not four hours' worth:))

I would not take a toddler at all, I would not take a child until they were old enough to read the signage and have the patience to do the reading so that they can absorb the details. Otherwise they would zip thru the galleries while the adults are still beginning due to all the detail that is there.

The Museum is amazing but tons and tons of reading is involved. A friend and I took our DD's there in July - the girls were 12 and they enjoyed it, but I would not take much younger children.

I would plan at least a 1/2 day if not longer.

Its well worth the visit, we all really enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter