Disney Dream September 10th - 4 Night Bahamian Cruise

dancingtodisney

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the Disney Dream September 10th - 4 Night Bahamian Cruise thread!!
32251394824_dc1a4ae837_o.jpg

We are SO EXCITED to have just booked our FIRST ever Disney Cruise! Would love to hear from fellow DIS cruisers that would like to set up a meet and greet as well as coordinate a fish extender swap

Last edited:
Hi there, I just changed my sailing for this September to this one. Looking forward to the cruise.

Hey! Oh I can see from your signature that this won't be your first cruise, have you done a fish extender swap before? I've had a look no some other threads so I'm going to edit the first post to put in more information on it. Perhaps you'd like to co-ordinate it together? I know it's quite a while away but I love a good build up to a Disney trip!

Yes, I have done many fish extender groups and organized them :) Here is all the info for the Fish Extender :) Yes, will organized it :)

DISNEY DREAM 4 NIGHT FISH EXTENDER GROUP * SEPTEMBER 10, 2018 SAILING :-) (based on prior sailings the could be a Halloween on the High Seas)

Welcome to the Meet & Greet and Fish Extender Group for the September 10th - 14th 2018 Disney Dream Cruise! Groups will be 10 - 12 cabins per group. If you'd like to join, please post the following information:

-- Cabin # (if you know it already)*** If GTY, please share that it is a GTY room and number to come
-- Family Name
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G)
-- Any special cruise celebrations
-- Any food allergies
-- Favorite Disney Character
-- Favorite Disney Movie

If you are uncomfortable posting any of the personal information, you can simply say "Adult, Male" or "Girl, 8" for example.

For those who are new to this fun cruise experience, the Fish Extender itself is a pocket panel you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. These can be homemade or you can purchase them on sites like Etsy, you can also find some pictures on Google or DIS forums. Families that join the FE group hang the Fish Extender outside their cabin and then exchange little gifts with others participating in the group by putting little gifts in each others extenders.

Here is a thread with some basic info about it:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=378

It's a ton of fun, not just for kids, and you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just once. No real set rules, just exchange and have fun! Gifts can be homemade or store bought. That's part of the fun . . . the variety of gifts that everyone brings!

This Group will close July 25th, 2018 (approximately 45 days prior to sailing). This allows people time to order, make, assemble, personalize, their gifts.

Guidelines for our fish extender:

1. Each cabin is to provide AT LEAST one gift to each cabin participating in the fish extender. You can provide a gift to each person in that cabin or one gift for the whole cabin...that is up to you. Of course, you are welcome to give more than one gift...but the minimum is one.

2. All gifts are to be delivered between the cruise leaving port on Monday, September 10th until 4 PM on Thursday, September 13th. This gives people time to still be able to pack their bags before we leave the ship the morning of September 14th.

3.Please include a tag with your cabin number on the gift. This way everyone knows who the gift is from. (Ex. From Cabin 1234)

Here is a list of IDEAS of what you might want to bring for the FE on the cruise...to add to your packing list if you'd like:

1. The FE gifts that you are making/preparing -- total number of cabins will be announced after our July 25th sign up deadline.

2. An FE pocket/hanger to hang outside your cabin. You can find them on eBay / Etsy by searching "Fish Extenders" or you can make one or search online other places. Some people also get a pocket hanger from Ikea to decorate and make their own.

3. A zip tie to help attach your FE HANGER. Some people have commented theirs have sadly walked away...but if you attach it with a zip tie...then it is not as likely to walk away.

4. Scissors / clippers to cut the zip tie when you're packing...LOL! Don't want to leave it for someone else.

5. On the forum, some people recommend bringing thank you notes so you can write a quick note to the person who gave you a gift.

If anyone have any questions feel free to ask
Thanks!!!!!

**Be aware of the policy below** (no social media, no google docs, no email, no PM, no directions to sites etc...)
http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

Last edited:

Thank you. I would love to join. I am unable to open the attached word unfortunately. Do I leave my info on this stream? If I already have my room information?

Thank you. I would love to join. I am unable to open the attached word unfortunately. Do I leave my info on this stream? If I already have my room information?

Please post the info here, I will add it to the sheet :) Thanks. Welcome to the group :)

Hi everyone!
My best friend, Justin, and I have made it our life's goal to visit every single disney park and cruise ship before we die and we are SO excited that this is our first cruise ever and it's our first Disney cruise. We can't wait to get on that ship!

Our Stateroom # is 6072
Family Name is Abad (Michelle) and Silver (Justin)
First Names: Michelle (Adult) and Justin (Adult)
Special cruise celebrations: First cruise and this cruise is our birthday present to each other.
Food Allergies: None
Favorite Disney Character: For Michelle (Ursula and Peter Pan) and for Justin (Stitch and Simba)
Favorite Disney Movie: For Michelle (Moana or Pirates of the Carribean) and for Justin (Lion King)

-- Cabin # (if you know it already)*** If GTY, please share that it is a GTY room and number to come
-- Family Name
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G)
-- Any food allergies
-- Favorite Disney Movie

Hi everyone! We are the Wilson family and are so excited to go on our first ever cruise in the Disney Dream!
We will be celebrating our 12th anniversary then and are super excited to participate in this cruise FE. Here is our info:
Cabin #: 6672
Family: Wilson
Members: Reuben (adult), Luciana (adult), Kiyomi (9 G), Taisuke (6 B), Mitsumi (4 G)
Celebrations: first time cruise, anniversary
Food allergy: none
Favorite character: Reuben (anything Star Wars, Alladin), Luciana (Belle, Ariel, Moana), Kiyomi (Moana), Taisuke (Jake, PJ masks), Mitsumi (Moana, Snow White, Cinderella, really any princess)
Favorite movie: Reuben (Alladin), Luciana (lion king, my neighbor Totoro), Kiyomi (Moana), Taisuke (Big Hero 6), Mitsumi (Moana)

Just letting ya know that unfortunately we won't be sailing with everyone next year. Our plans were changed unexpectedly. I hope someone will step up and take care of the FE list
1f642.png
It's easy, don't let it scare ya
1f642.png
Have a great cruise
1f642.png
I deleted my spreadsheet, please remove my cabin from your FE group list :)

Last edited:
Just letting ya know that unfortunately we won't be sailing with everyone next year. Our plans were changed unexpectedly. I hope someone will step up and take care of the FE list
1f642.png
It's easy, don't let it scare ya
1f642.png
Have a great cruise
1f642.png
I deleted my spreadsheet, please remove my cabin from your FE group list :)

I can take over if no one else does!

That would be awesome. Just follow the guidelines in the FE post and keep track of the cabins and you will do great :)

Hey everyone!
I am going to be moving to facebook for the fish extenders. There's lots more traffic there. If you would like to join the group, search for "Disney Dream September 10, 2018" in facebook and it will take to the group on facebook.

Thanks everyone!

Michelle if you check here where exactly on facebook are you located. I and 3 other adults are sailing on this cruise and I would love to join the fish extenders. I've never done one before, but have sailed Disney at least 9 times.

Michelle if you check here where exactly on facebook are you located. I and 3 other adults are sailing on this cruise and I would love to join the fish extenders. I've never done one before, but have sailed Disney at least 9 times.

Hi there!
So, I can still run the fish extenders from here if you would like. I am just being told that there are more people involved on facebook. The group that i am involved in is here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/138757979986014/

Once there, you can join the group and be added by the admin. Once added, there is a google docs spread sheet pinned to the top of the group that you just fill in for your cabin.
If that isn't your speed, I just need to know:

-- Family Name
-- Any food allergies
-- Favorite Disney Movie

Just sent a request on the Facebook group to join as we are sailing along with you all. This will be our 5th Disney cruise ,twice on the Magic and twice on the Fantasy. Sailing with me is my dh Terry and 5year old granddaughter Ella.This will be her 1st cruise! Also have a cruise booked on the wonder for next year so once we do that we have been on all the ships. Hope I like the dream as much as I do the others!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!