Disney Dream January 22, 2018 - 4 Day Bahama Cruise

Everyone interested in doing an FE, Please Read, and get back to me.

This last addition to our group got me thinking about the FE. I think enough people have expressed interest in an FE group, that we should have enough to put a group together (especially since we still have 4 months for others to find us). If y'all are interested, post and let me know, and I will get it all set up.

~Tink~
I have been reading about the FE groups and we are interested!! How do we join one? We are first time Disney cruisers

Thanks for this idea! We are first time Disney cruisers and just booked! so excited! not telling the kids until Christmas
Welcome to the Group Erin!
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
I don't know who has it better, the first time cruise who gets to learn something new everyday to increase your excitement, or your kiddos, not having to wait just over 4 months for the cruise to get here. Granted, they will still have an over load of excitement and be hitting you with the 'is it time yet' question daily. Either way, Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!
P.S. I made a video about Disney Cruise Count down ideas for kiddos if your interested.
Any who, I am glad to have you join our little group, and I look forward to getting to know you while we plan together.

~Tink~

I have been reading about the FE groups and we are interested!! How do we join one? We are first time Disney cruisers
With increased interest, I am going to go ahead and get a list going for this group. You currently have made 3 posts. If you make 7 more, I will be able to send you a PM (private message). I will have all of the sign up information / questions for you. If you have any questions about the FE, let me know, and I will do my best to help you out.
Just booked!!! Our first Disney cruise!! So excited! Now I just need to find time to read this whole thread without the kiddos seeing as it's a secret until Christmas. So hard to keep it secret :-)
I am horrible at keeping secrets. My family can see it written all over my face. Good luck to you over the next few months. Along with planning in secret you also have to prep for an unveiling. Unless you already know how you are going to do it. You must share!!!
I asked someone else, (I am not sure if it was for this cruise or the one leaving out on the 19th) about doing an interview for my channel. I have a YouTube channel about travel planning, prepping, destinations, and hacks (all mostly Disney). I would love to interview you (and your kiddos if that is okay) about planning and reveling the surprise. I know there are a lot of people out there that want to surprise their little ones with Disney vacations, and they would love to hear about successful surprises.

~Tink~

Sounds fun! how do we sign up?
Was this Yes Please about the Mixology? If so, I will put you on the list, and I will get you the link to the spreadsheet so you can fill in you cabin and what not that Disney needs me to collect. (just 6 more posts and I can PM you).

~Tink~

Hello, everyone! I am excited I found this board. We will be sailing for my son's 4th b'day. I was interested in doing the fish extender exchange but am not sure of how it works....
Megan
and Rachel
Just booked today. This is our first cruise as well. We'd love to participate in the fish extender exchange with our 5 year old!

- I am starting a list. Please post and let me know if you are still interested.

Thanks ~Tink~

Last edited:

With increased interest, I am going to go ahead and get a list going for this group. You currently have made 3 posts. If you make 7 more, I will be able to send you a PM (private message). I will have all of the sign up information / questions for you. If you have any questions about the FE, let me know, and I will do my best to help you out.

I am horrible at keeping secrets. My family can see it written all over my face. Good luck to you over the next few months. Along with planning in secret you also have to prep for an unveiling. Unless you already know how you are going to do it. You must share!!!
I asked someone else, (I am not sure if it was for this cruise or the one leaving out on the 19th) about doing an interview for my channel. I have a YouTube channel about travel planning, prepping, destinations, and hacks (all mostly Disney). I would love to interview you (and your kiddos if that is okay) about planning and reveling the surprise. I know there are a lot of people out there that want to surprise their little ones with Disney vacations, and they would love to hear about successful surprises.

~Tink~
Gee - I haven't really figured out the details yet about how we are unveiling to surprise. Something related to gifts at Christmas..... Need to do some research. I'll check out your post.
Looks like I will need to keep posting so you can send me a message. lol :-)

Welcome to the Group Erin!
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
I don't know who has it better, the first time cruise who gets to learn something new everyday to increase your excitement, or your kiddos, not having to wait just over 4 months for the cruise to get here. Granted, they will still have an over load of excitement and be hitting you with the 'is it time yet' question daily. Either way, Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!
P.S. I made a video about Disney Cruise Count down ideas for kiddos if your interested.
Any who, I am glad to have you join our little group, and I look forward to getting to know you while we plan together.

~Tink~
Thanks for suck a warm welcome and for setting up and organizing this group!

How do you make those cute people with your name and your family info? I'm guessing it will have to do with how many posts I make until it is unlocked?

Someone talk to me about the kids club? I'm worried my kids won't want to go. I don't want them there all the time, but it would be nice to have them go there a little.
We have a 3yo, 6yo, and 10yo. I saw that they have some open house time. Does that usually convince them to go?

Next question: sand toys and castaway cay? Do people bring them in their suitcases? Buy them there? Do they just have an area with a bunch to share?

Sorry for the plethora of posts, one more post to go and then .... I can get PMs. LOL!!
Is there a formal night I have to plan for on a 4 nighter?

Someone talk to me about the kids club? I'm worried my kids won't want to go. I don't want them there all the time, but it would be nice to have them go there a little.
We have a 3yo, 6yo, and 10yo. I saw that they have some open house time. Does that usually convince them to go?
I am going to start here and get to the others in just a second!
My kids have always loved the kids clubs. We had done previous cruises before Disney, and they hated the kids areas. So, when we started our Disney addiction, we asked them to at least give the kids areas a try. My hubby and I had to trust the Cast Members in the kids club when they told us that the kids will be fine, just go ahead and leave them and see what they think (I have also seen parents stay for awhile until they felt comfortable leaving). We left, and returned after a little bit (enough time to head up to the Cove Cafe and get a snack and some sodas). When we headed back down stairs, we searched for them, and got the same response from them both. 'We're having fun, do we have to leave?' Of course we let them stay (which I think was the seed for their Disney Cruise addiction. The addiction took complete hold when they found out about the unlimited fries and cookies!). After day 1, we had to make a rule that everyone had to come to breakfast and dinner. Outside of those times, they were free to enjoy their time. We would check on them through out the day to make sure they did not want to be signed out for anything, and we would go over the next days schedule on the Navigator each night and let them know what fun things would be going on and to see what they wanted to go to. Aside from that, they were happy as a pair of clams.
If your kiddo's are as close as mine are, then it will help to know that siblings can go either up or down to be with their brother / sister where they are.
Our kiddos have made several life long friends on the different sailings. Before phones, we let them email and snail mail to keep in touch (we even were able to have another sailing with the family of a friend my oldest sons that he made on a previous cruise). Now that they are older (my baby is 17) they stay in touch with their phones.
~Tink~

Sorry for the plethora of posts, one more post to go and then .... I can get PMs. LOL!!
Is there a formal night I have to plan for on a 4 nighter?
We will have a Captains Gala which is an optional formal / semi-formal. As for my family, we always dress up for formal night. (well, we have themes for every day. And enjoy those days/nights as well). It is not everyday that you get to get all gussied up!

~Tink~
P.S. No apologies need. I did ask for it after all!

Last edited:
Next question: sand toys and castaway cay? Do people bring them in their suitcases? Buy them there? Do they just have an area with a bunch to share?
Yes, Yes, and kind of.
Yes, some people will bring their own (so as not to pay the mouses high prices). Make sure to check Disney's what not to pack list on the planning page. Toys are okay, but no inflatables, and you can not bring sand or shells home.
Yes, people do buy toys on Castaway. There are a few little shops that you can buy different sand toys from. A side note on this as well - (from my boy scout mom side) Please leave Castaway better than you find it. As you head back to the boat, you will see several different sand toys left in the sand. If you don't want to take them home, I understand, they are bulky souveniers, please find a trash bin, another family that may want to take them home, or a cast member with the suggestion of " You guys should rent these out. I know a lot of families would enjoy the opportunity to play with out the worry of carrying home a bulky sandy toy". (okay, I am getting off my soap box).
By my previous answer, you can kind of see why I put the kind of for your third question. They do have an area for the little ones to play, but it is not by the water (ocean water that is, they do have a sprinkle and splash area). There are 2 water play, fort type play areas out in the water, and you will find several different Disney organized activities through out the day (one of which is usually a dig (similar to the dino dig at animal kingdom). But, no sand toys to borrow.

~Tink~

How do you make those cute people with your name and your family info? I'm guessing it will have to do with how many posts I make until it is unlocked?
OKAY!!!
To get this:
upload_2017-9-9_14-34-16.png
Go here ( top right hand area of page) and click on your name to expand the box.
upload_2017-9-9_14-39-53.pngThe black PM (above) is where your messages will show up.

And Click Here:
upload_2017-9-9_14-42-32.png

You will get this:
upload_2017-9-9_14-43-53.png

Have fun and add away.

Now for the fun signature that you can get under your picture.
Again, go here: And click on Personal Details.
upload_2017-9-9_14-47-35.png

And that will take you here:
upload_2017-9-9_14-53-7.png

Could have changed avatar here. OOPPS!!!
You can change the name under your avatar were it says custom title.
You can create the signature under your post (that is where I have the flying Tink, and Darth vader).
Clicking the signature will take you here:
upload_2017-9-9_14-57-12.png
and to get the count down (my keep calm and Tink at Fort Wilderness), go here: http://distickers.com/ticker/
http://distickers.com/ticker/
I think I got it all.

~Tink~

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-9_14-49-38.png
    upload_2017-9-9_14-49-38.png
    50 KB · Views: 2
  • upload_2017-9-9_14-58-31.png
    upload_2017-9-9_14-58-31.png
    157.7 KB · Views: 2
It looks like I may be all caught up with the uber long pictorials. :faint:
With you at 10, I will try to get some PMs off to you.

~Tink~

I almost forgot to make my post today. It was not until I began my Disney Mom's application that a reminder light came on in my head flashing "Forget Me Not! Forget Me Not!". I promise that I am not trying to make a "Do Not Forget" point with an occasional tendency to forgetting Mondays Forget Me Nots, but having my husband tell me that I should put a reminder in my 'phones' calendar did remind me of a good Forget Me Not.

So, here we go...
Happy Monday everyone. I hope this finds everyone safe from the storms. I have been trying to check out Port Canaveral on the webcams, but nothing is up yet. The reports say that all vessels that were tied off are still there and they appear to be fine. I am sure everything will be back to normal in 18 Mondays (which is how many we have to go!!!!). Getting to this weeks Forget Me Not - your Smart Phone, and your tablet (and there chargers). I know, you are on vacation, and you intended to take a break from the real world, and I am on board with that. Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting you go on vacation to work. Quite the contrary. Disney has an app, called the Disney Cruise app (which I recommend you download by clicking here or on 'app' [while on your portable device] before you leave home to assure that you have it). The app is free and full of great tools (tools that unfortunately can only use on board). While on board, through this app, you will be able to access Disney cruises intranet (not to be mistaken with the internet), which will unlock tools that will make life at sea (and port) easier. You will have access to deck plans (so you don't get lost - been there done that), menus for that nights dinners (this is great for those of us who have members of their family who can never seem to make up their minds about what to eat), and you will be able to view the daily Navigator (you will also get this in print in your room every day, but who wants to keep track of a mini booklet when we already have so many other things to keep track of). The Navigator, for those of you who have never sailed with Disney before, is your guide to everything for that day. It tells you when and where you can find your next meal (be it early mid morning snack, or late second, late lunch), what each age group of the kiddos will be doing at any given time, what movies are playing and when, where to find the character that you just must have an autograph for, when yoga begins (yes yoga), where you need to be for the Dance Party, when the Galley tour starts, ......I could go on, but then this post would be four pages long like the Navigator. Plus one of the newer features that has recently been fixed / tweaked/ improved is messaging. You will be able to send messages to your traveling companions (as long as they have the app on their device as well) through out the trip. Disney does offer the 2 wave phones in your room for keeping in touch, but they are not very user friendly, and they have a hefty price tag on them if you loose or damage them. Instead of fighting with those, you can just bring your device (covered in a water proof pouch or cover) and never loose touch.
Charging can be a challenge with several devices being used, and limited electrical outlets in your room. If you have one of the device chargers that you can plug several device into at once, I would recommend bringing that along. You are not allowed to use extension cords, or surge protectors, and I would not recommend leaving a device plugged in while out of your room (just as a security measure). However, if you absolutely need a surge protector for extra plug space, you can borrow one at the Guest Service Desk.
I am planning to get everyone in our family the water proof cell phone/ tablet cases as a hundred mile gift (gifts given during our drive to our destination...topic for another post). That way, they will not only be able to stay connected and know what is going on when and where, but they will be able to capture their entire trip on the camera on their device. And then, they can pull up pics of their vacation and have a Disney moment at any time with out having to download or print their pictures.
***A side note**** If you do bring your device, make sure you put it on airplane mode as soon as you board. If you forget, you could come home to a HUGE cell phone bill. I have talked with someone who forgot to switch over to airplane mode until about day 3, and since his phone was in roaming for all that time, he racked up a $700 bill for those 2 days.

~Tink~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter