Disney Dollars

tigger2y

Earning My Ears
Hi - I have a question about Disney Dollars. I don't mean to sound so uninformed, but
what exactly are they. Where can you get them, and where exactly can you use them.

Disney has it's own money!!! It is paper money (like monopoly money) with cMickey, Goofy, Minnie,,etc. on them. It can be used as legal tender anywhere in Disneyworld--anywhere. It is equal exchange for U.S. dollars. You can get them in small amounts at the Disney store, or you can purchase them by mail in large amounts. Or, you can exchange your money for them at Guest Relations as you enter the parks. They're a great gift idea, as they can also be used at the Disney Store. Also, they assist the little ones in saving money for Disney, --because if you give them disney dollars--they can't spend it anywhere but at the Disney store or at Disneyworld!!!

Can you get them at the parks or maybe at the resorts? If you end up getting too much can you exchange them back for money?

We got some "free" from AAA when we booked...and spent them as soon as we entered Wilderness Lodge. I have heard that disney doesn't really want you to spend them, but keep them as souvineirs. That's just throwing away money. As far as I know you can't exchange them back...but I think you can use them at The Disney Store.

:)

I liek buying them just fro the I cnat spend them before my trip factor but hoping I dont BUY too many at the same time! We are geting some in single currency to keep as souvineers but we mostly ahve bought 10's so far.

Our stores all dsay NO you cant chaneg them back to cash.

WHen you make a purchase at a rest or store on Disney property how do they give change? In disney dollars and american coins or what?

The Disney Dollars make great Christmas gifts. Each Christmas we give our children Disney Dollars as a gift. We have made trips in either February or April the last few years, and they use the Disney Dollars to buy their souveniors. This is less money we have to shell out on our trips. Also, we have never run into any problems when using them. They are considered the same as cash.

I have never ever had a problelm exchanging them back--at the Guest Relations window at the Parks. When you make purchases, you will receive change in regular U.S. currency. You can spend them at restaurants, stores, or vendors at the parks or in the Disney Hotels. the exception is the Swan/Dolphin Hotel.

Be aware that you can not exchange them at the Disney Store, my son thought he could after our trip and was very disappointed when they said "Sorry, but you can buy something!" not much in our story for a 12 yr old boy!

At our Disney Store you can exchange any Disney Dollars that you have a receipt for. I save my receipts just in case the grandparents get totally carried away.

On site you can change as many into greenbacks as you manage to have leftover. I sometimes use my leftovers to pay off my hotel bill, but you can get cash too. No problem

And might I add, Disney Dollars and really cool looking and simply a lot of fun! They are made on think "real money" like paper with raised lettering and such and vivid colors. And I don't know what it is, but when you use a couple of Mickey Mouse singles to buy a soda in a park, it is just a lot more magical than using plain old cash!

Hubby made out like a bandit on Disney $$$$$$$$$ for Christmas well over 200$ YIPEEE!!!

Cant wait to get there to spend em LOL!

We are staying at the Dolphin (which is on WDW property but is actually owned by Starwood?) so I'm assuming we can't use Disney Dollars there. But it would be fun to buy some here in California at our Disney Store before we leave. And I can surprise my husband. Can we use them at Epcot, Animal Kingdom and MGM?

Thanks

YEs you can use them in all of the parks!

I have to say I was dissapointed that most of them currently have California Adventure pictures on them :( I wanted to keep some with WDW images!

How often do they change the images or is it hit or miss what you will get?
The only other one I have here other than ones bought in 2001 is a MICKEYS 65th SIngle series 1993........

We found that going to our local DS each payweek (2x/month) and purchasing Disney $$ was a great way to save. Never had any trouble using them.

I love the pixie dust they have on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter