Disney Dollars ?'s

jimmiej

I invented the Naked Segway Tour
Can you buy Disney Dollars at the local Disney Store? What is the cost per Disney Dollar? What can you spend them on at WDW? I was wondering if I should ask family for DD's for Christmas in anticipation of next year's trip. Anyone experienced with this? Thanks for any help.

We buy disney dollars at the Disney Store every week. DH and I have over $1000. They come in denominations of $1, $5, $10. They are good all over WDW for everything. You can use them for food (sit down and counter service)and souveniers at any store at Downtown Disney and all the themeparks and waterparks and at all the resorts. We always give and ask for them as gifts. My family already knows that the dollars are my favorite gift so I always receive some for my birthday or holidays. If you accumulate a lot, it really cuts down on spending money you have to take.

Shelly

Do all counter service and food stands take the Disney Dollars? Is there anyplace that doesnt?

Counter service and food stands take Disney Dollars. I'm pretty sure that any Disney operated service on WDW property take them. We've used them at the resorts, parks and Disney Stores.

I just got disney dollars yesterday at a disney store. I give them to my daughter as allowance for completing chores.
Its dollar per dollar. I have not used any of the dollars at disney yet. Also I give them disney dollars for their birthday.
This way they learn how to spend money at disney and they have their own money for gifts when we go in oct.
they can't spend the money until we get to disney because that the only place they can spend it at.

We do the same thing. Our kids get paid their allowance in Disney Dollars. It is nice for them to have their
own spending money.

We save for our trips by purchasing Disney Dollars also. I save and buy them every other week. When I have
enough saved, I go purchase a park hopper ticket. It is a wonderful way to save. After I purchase all our tickets,
then I can start saving for food/spending money.

I was told you can pay for anything on Disney property with Disney Dollars. You can even pay for your resort room
with them. If you want to put credit on your KTTW card, you can pay extra Disney Dollars when you check in. It saves
from having to carry a lot of cash or DD around, and also saves from having to charge on your credit card!

Have a fun trip!!

It is the Key to the World card. At resort hotels your room card can also be a charge card.
You can purchase almost anything at Disney World and charge it back to your room. If
you have children you can opt to not have the charging priviledges put on the card.

It can be very convenient. I think the only places you cannot use your Key to the World card are
the small carts(ice cream ect.), but I think most other places take them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter