Disney Dollars - need advice on possibly selling

siren0119

DIS Veteran
I just found out my father in law had a bunch of Disney Dollars in his lockbox that he bought for my husband and his siblings going back 15-20 years. Some are anniversary year DD, and some seem to be less common printings.

We were looking into the possibility of selling them, but I'm not sure where to start.

1. should I get them verified by a pro? will that help the selling value? Anyone know the cost to do that?

2. What sites do folks consider reputable selling avenues? I'm not a fan of eBay, so looking for alternatives to that.

TIA!

Check Ebay sold for pricing.

If you want the largest audience, ebay is it. There is offerup, craigslist, mercari, but not as big of an audience there

Reactions: AJA
Check Ebay sold for pricing.

If you want the largest audience, ebay is it. There is offerup, craigslist, mercari, but not as big of an audience there

I hear you - I feel like they would sell better on any sites that are specific to collectors though, but i'm not enough of an expert to know which are reliable/reputable and which are to be avoided. I wouldn't put a collectible of any value up on Craigslist or Offerup - that's for my used furniture lol

I hear you - I feel like they would sell better on any sites that are specific to collectors though, but i'm not enough of an expert to know which are reliable/reputable and which are to be avoided. I wouldn't put a collectible of any value up on Craigslist or Offerup - that's for my used furniture lol

Unless it was worth extremely big bucks....like in the thousands...Ebay is it.

There are other collectibles auction sites but those are like Sotheby's...they charge a buyer's premium on top of the sales price

I have been collecting Disney dollars for years now. I use to buy them from the parks and Disney stores way back when...nowadays its 100% ebay. They use to sell for 2-3 times the face value unless they are limited or rare. These days they are all rare!! hope that helps !

Kungaloosh!

To Pic Stitch - Since we live in same SI area, would you like to buy a Disney Dollar from 1996 - Mickey $1 bill. Fair/Good condition. Ofcourse a reasonable price. They are Rare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!