Disney Does Care

Sammie

DIS Veteran
I know many are disappointed at the closing of POFQ on short notice, and the lack of SpectroMagic during May. I am sure many are thinking that Disney does not really care about it's customers anymore. That money rules their decisions.

Just wanted to share this and let you see that Disney does still have a human side.

I have many friends that work for Disney so this comes from reliable sources. Disney has contacted all the schools that have reservations for Grad Night. This notification was to let them know that if they wish to cancel due to terrorism concerns during Grad Night, they will issue them a full refund. This notification has to be costing them a small fortune, at a time when they can little afford such a loss.

I am sorry about the inconvience of POFQ closing and I know many are disappointed about no Spectro in May, but I still believe they care about their guests and that many times we do not know the entire story behind the situation.

I guess I get so passionate about it, because my friends work there and I know how much they care.

Just my opinion and wanted to share.

Good for Disney. That's heartening to hear when you read of school groups losing their hardearned money as districts cancel trips.

I just wish they would communicate with their guests better. If they are not planning to have AP rates for May, just say there will be none, not having tons of people calling everyday. If there is not going to be Spectromagic in May, don't just put up a schedule with it missing, say it will not be running between xx/xx and xx/xx.

Not only is communication poor with the guests, it is also poor with their own employees. For example, the CZF Code was supposed to be for Disney Visa Cardholders only, but they did not communicate that with CRO and they started taking reservations without it, causing big confusion.

I understand Disney is a business and times are rough, but they if they would communicate better there would be better public relations for them.

Originally posted by DebbieB
I just wish they would communicate with their guests better. If they are not planning to have AP rates for May, just say there will be none, not having tons of people calling everyday. If there is not going to be Spectromagic in May, don't just put up a schedule with it missing, say it will not be running between xx/xx and xx/xx.

Not only is communication poor with the guests, it is also poor with their own employees. For example, the CZF Code was supposed to be for Disney Visa Cardholders only, but they did not communicate that with CRO and they started taking reservations without it, causing big confusion.

I understand Disney is a business and times are rough, but they if they would communicate better there would be better public relations for them.

I agee Debbie, but when you have over 50,000 employees sometimes communication is given but not adhered to. You have many employees that are new and sometimes don't follow guidelines to the letter.

AP rates have never been a guarantee so not sure why they would need to communicate that. If they are offered it will be in the Monitor which is the official means of communication. While we as customers might not like that, it is their decision to use the Monitor as the official communication. If it were not for Internet Forums no one would know as much as they do, and there would be fewer misunderstandings.

As to parades, fireworks etc, while I agree it is disappointing the official policy has always been that they are all subject to change without notice.

Sammie,
Have you heard if any of the schools have actually cancelled their vacation plans for grad nights? I'd feel bad for the grads.

Originally posted by cinmell
Sammie,
Have you heard if any of the schools have actually cancelled their vacation plans for grad nights? I'd feel bad for the grads.

Yes I do know for sure that some of the Tampa area schools cancelled, not sure about others.

Seems they had specific concerns about these particular nights. I applaud them for letting the schools know.

I think that there is a lot going on right now with the war and terrorism that we are not aware off and the economic affect that it is having on Disney and all business in the area.

I know at times there decisions seem to be not well planned but I don't think at times we know the entire situation.

My friends are just hoping to keep their jobs.

Originally posted by Sammie

Seems they had specific concerns about these particular nights. I applaud them for letting the schools know.

Has Disney received specific threats?

Sammie,
So what you are saying is that Disney only "really cares" about grads? What about the rest of us that will be there the same time? I live in NY and take such things VERY seriously.

So what you are saying is that Disney only "really cares" about grads? What about the rest of us that will be there the same time? I live in NY and take such things VERY seriously.
I think what Sammie is saying that these large groups of youth have collectively decided to visit WDW for grad night and have already put money down or purchased tickets at a special group rate. Perhaps parents of these children are having second thoughts and WDW is giving them a no-penalty out. This is not the same if a parent makes a decision on behalf of their own family to visit. Tickets that are purchased ahead of time never expire and a family can purchase travel insurance if they are booking a room for a nominal amount. Apparently there is a steep penaltly or a non-refundable clause for cancelling a large groups' visit and Disney is simply allowing them to cancel without penalty.

I talked to Disney earlier tonight (regarding adding trip insurance) and they are allowing people to cancel their reservations due to the war with NO cancelation penalty up until April 18th. I don't know if they will extend that date if the war drags on, but for now if you want to cancel you may do so with no penalty.

Thanks Lovetoscrap and VickiVM you explained the situation very well.

I doubt anyone that keeps up with the news is not aware that WDW has been a target since 9-11 and has received threats. This is the reason the No Fly Zone was re-established. I certainly am not privy to the details of the specifics.

Everyone certainly has the right to make a decision whether to go or not and always has, nothing has changed.

Chipspal, unless you have a child affected by Grad Night I really do not see the connection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter