Disney Dining Plan at Star Wars Land WDW

DISNEYNY

DIS Veteran
I see on the Disney web site that all the restaurants in Star Wars Land say "Dining Plans Not Accepted." I find this an odd when people are spending so much money on the plan and can't get anything in Star Wars Land with DDP. Does anyone know if this is accurate, or if it just says that now because the land isn't officially opened in WDW. TIA!

My personal opinion is once it has been opened for a bit it will be added

If they added it to the ddp immediately and the park hits capacity there would be very many angry guests

Give it a year or so, this night change. I think it’s a smart decision

I guess I had forgotten about this. This might make me rethink some of my food strategies in HS.

Maybe? Depends what it is. Water, soda? Most likely yes. Specialized desserts just for this area, could go either way. It will be easiest for Disney to adhere to a single no policy than a yes if then policy

I guess I don't understand the reasoning for not including if it's only counter service. It's not like you can make reservations, so if you don't get in, you aren't losing out on anything, right?

Makes sense to not have it initially to get some of the crowd out while they are eating. I would expect at some point, maybe in a year or so, it will be added.

I think it is a good way to filter people out of GE to eat. That place will be mobbed and if folks have to leave to use a DDP credit, that may free up some space. If they are allowed to use their CS credits, there is no incentive to head out and dine elsewhere.

I believe this this is another indication of how busy Disney feels that this land will be in the coming months.

Well, that's lame. You could use the DDP in Pandora you just couldn't mobile order at first so we did wait in a long line to be able to use our credits. I think it's rubbish to punish people who have given Disney their money upfront.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts