Disney dining just called about Princess meal.

grandmotherof10

Sometimes life is not always a dance but when I lo
Just got off the phone with Disney dining and the Princess breakfast in now the Princess lunch or dinner at Ariel's Grotto. The character meal at the Plaza Inn will now be Minnie and Friends. The Princess meal princess: will be an ordered off a menu meal and the prices they gave me where $13.99 for children and $20.99 for adults.

Thanks for the confirmation, grandmotherof10. If the dinner is anything like it was for Captain Mickey or even Ariel - it's a pretty decent dinner & a nice setting. The total includes refillable beverage, salad or soup, entree, dessert, and a pile of cotton candy. yum

We have always loved Ariel's Grotto/Cap'n Mickey's. I liked the fact they bring the food to you so you don't have to worry about missing the characters. We also love sitting out there at night and enjoying the beautiful lights on Paradise Pier before we head to the Electrical Parade. I am really excited to see it being a princess meal now. Guess I will call Disney Dining again to make a reservation for September.

grandmotherof10 said:
Just got off the phone with Disney dining and the Princess breakfast in now the Princess lunch or dinner at Ariel's Grotto. The character meal at the Plaza Inn will now be Minnie and Friends. The Princess meal princess: will be an ordered off a menu meal and the prices they gave me where $13.99 for children and $20.99 for adults.

We have lunch reservations in early August. I guess my boys would be okay seeing princesses, but I really think they'd prefer Mickey.

I called Disney Dining and they said that it would change to the Princess meal starting August 16th. (We'll be there August 4th.) So my boys are "safe". :teeth:

Thank you for the info, I have been calling off and on for two weeks via the concierge and have not been give any info. Because of you grandmotherof10 I called the DINE line and was given help. I must say I am sad that the breakfast has gone away, but I sure the lunch will be nice.

But with the Plaza being Minnie and friends, where will Mickey be???

Thanks for the info though.

got2travel said:
But with the Plaza being Minnie and friends, where will Mickey be???

Thanks for the info though.

Who will the "friends" be? :confused3 We had originally planned on Ariel's for Mickey and all the positive reviews. We will miss having dinner with Mickey. :sad2: But with 4 boys, princesses would not be a popular choice. ;) Anyone know who about the new breakfast at the Plaza? Thanks for the info. as well. :sunny:

Sorry I did not ask who Minnie's friends are as we were only interested in the Princess meal.

There used to be a Minnie and Friends breakfast over at the Paradise Pier Hotel before they made that one a Lilo and Stitch theme. We did that Minnie breakfast once and we saw Minnie, Pluto, Max and I think that was about it. I am wondering if it will be the same kind of thing now over at the Plaza Inn. I think its good they moved the Princess theme over to DCA. Anything with princesses is going to be enormously popular so having it at a location where they can do two meals instead of one may cut down on the hectic nature! They do need a character meal for boys too. Although my 10 year old son has always loved Goofy's. Since they have Goofy and Pluto plus a princess or two both my kids are happy! We have also frequently seen Aladdin, Genie and Captain Hook at Goofy's. But like others I am bummed that Mickey seems to be off the Character meal circuit!

My guess by using "friends" they do not have to committ to any particular set of characters (excpet Minnie) of course.

So is Capt. Mickey no longer going to be available??

Since our two Disney cruises our children love Capt. Mickey. I was looking at booking a lunch at Ariel's Grotto for us, when we go mid Sept, specifically so they could see him again plus I heard the food was pretty good and character interaction was great. I just can't see the Princesses taking the kids around the restraunt in conga lines and dances. does anyone know of other character meals that offer this kind of interaction?

our next Disney trip will be to WDW! I am so glad that we did our Disneyland trip before this change! My boys would have had NO interest in meeting the princesses or Minnie. Too bad the powers that be at Disneyland don't value the dollars spent by families with boys!

We'll head on back to WDW and the breakfast at Restaurantosaurus...assuming it is still Mickey and crew!

Either Disney or I are way off base as to what moms of boys would like. I've griped at the local Disney store because they don't carry holiday clothing for boys above size 4T. They have pages and pages of holiday clothing for girls in their catalog...and your choice of a plaid or chambray shirt for boys. UGH.

Ditto the character meals. My boys would have loved to have had a meal with Peter Pan, Hook, Mickey, Aladdin, and Goofy, for instance.

I feel sorry for boys who have sisters if they get dragged along to these girly events...too bad Disney can't at least balance the offerings!

lntsmom said:
our next Disney trip will be to WDW! I am so glad that we did our Disneyland trip before this change! My boys would have had NO interest in meeting the princesses or Minnie. Too bad the powers that be at Disneyland don't value the dollars spent by families with boys!

We'll head on back to WDW and the breakfast at Restaurantosaurus...assuming it is still Mickey and crew!

Either Disney or I are way off base as to what moms of boys would like. I've griped at the local Disney store because they don't carry holiday clothing for boys above size 4T. They have pages and pages of holiday clothing for girls in their catalog...and your choice of a plaid or chambray shirt for boys. UGH.

Ditto the character meals. My boys would have loved to have had a meal with Peter Pan, Hook, Mickey, Aladdin, and Goofy, for instance.

I feel sorry for boys who have sisters if they get dragged along to these girly events...too bad Disney can't at least balance the offerings!

Did you try Goofy's Kitchen in the Disneyland Hotel? Goofy (of course) is always there as is Pluto. We always also see Chip and Dale and usually one other boy character that have included Captain Hook, Genie and Aladdin. They also have a princess or two. This is hands down my favorite character meal at either WDW or DL because of the wide variety of characters. I would like to see an all male/hero meal but seems it is never in the cards at either park. Although Epcot did a Mother's Day brunch with this theme, wish they'd continue it for the rest of the year. I don't feel sorry for my son at all getting dragged along to girlie things. After all, my daughter has to sit through many a sporting event on tv and has been dragged to her fair share of karate events. My son usually enjoys the character meals and even had fun at the famous Cinderella's Royal Table in WDW, although he was only 10. He didn't want his picture taken too much but he had fun. In fact, as he gets older he might just like having a beautiful girl to have his picture made with! I know DH and my brother thought having their picture made with a very gorgeous Jasmine last December was quite allright!

I think a Hero meal would be cool as well. Although my son (2) loved the Princess breakfast, and I think he loved the Princesses the best of all the characters (mostly because they could talk to you).

Guess I am going to have to go to Arial's Grotto before August 16th, because the current character setup is awesome, we had a great time the last time we went. Although, when they make it the princess thing, will the bring back Arial to Arial's Grotto?

Oh, I think a Hero meal would be great! How about including Mr. Incredible, Buzz, Woody and Shrek? :)

I agree a hero meal would be great, even though it's just my daughter and I, I would totally attend an event with Tarzan!

:3dglasses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter