Disney Dating...Will I ever meet my prince?

How closely this hits my life is a bit frightening but hilarious. Though not during a dinner it typically happens the first time someone comes over to visit. When the welcome mat at your house is identical to the one at the lobby entrance of the Contemporary Resort people start questioning your hobby.

Haha. That video was awesome. Thanks for sharing.

I think if you end up moving closer to any of the parks, you'll have a much higher chance. Maybe keep checking the forums for any meetups too?
While I'm a huge Disnerd (I grew up only a few miles from Disneyland) my husband never went to the parks before he met me. He's definitely not anywhere near the same level of interest as I am when it comes to Disney things. But he's accepted and encourages my interests. When you find the right person, you learn to love them regardless of whether or not they're as interested in the same things as you.

A match made!

On the surface and from the intellectual perspective having one thing as a relationship deal breaker is foolish. But I've been there. And on both sides. One thing CAN break up a relationship.

I'm a stagehand, I work nights. I've had two women find that a relationship deal breaker. I love Disney and I have left a relationship because she hated going to Disneyland.

Sorry for getting back to you so late. I'm with ya. I can't be with someone who doesn't care for Disney at all. Here's to finding our Disney Prince or Princesses. Cheers to 2018!!

I think if you end up moving closer to any of the parks, you'll have a much higher chance. Maybe keep checking the forums for any meetups too?
While I'm a huge Disnerd (I grew up only a few miles from Disneyland) my husband never went to the parks before he met me. He's definitely not anywhere near the same level of interest as I am when it comes to Disney things. But he's accepted and encourages my interests. When you find the right person, you learn to love them regardless of whether or not they're as interested in the same things as you.

I will be moving to Orlando in the near future. I've received a lot of messages from others who are in the same position as me and are looking for their princess. One particular one caught my eye and I'm loving it. I love these forums. Good luck to you and cheers to 2018!

This is an interesting thread. I was married to someone who didn't like Disney and someone who didn't like Disney, openly insulted Walt, and I just can't date someone who doesn't like it anymore. I enjoy it too much. I've also found a couple of Disney ladies but one lived across the country, she didn't want to move and I can't until my kids graduate, and the other had her ex move in with her and her kids while we were dating. I've tried Mouse Mingle and other dating sites and it's not fun. Most people just don't get it. Hopefully my princess will come along at some point. Glad to see some of you meeting your prince and/or princess.

This is an interesting thread. I was married to someone who didn't like Disney and someone who didn't like Disney, openly insulted Walt, and I just can't date someone who doesn't like it anymore. I enjoy it too much. I've also found a couple of Disney ladies but one lived across the country, she didn't want to move and I can't until my kids graduate, and the other had her ex move in with her and her kids while we were dating. I've tried Mouse Mingle and other dating sites and it's not fun. Most people just don't get it. Hopefully my princess will come along at some point. Glad to see some of you meeting your prince and/or princess.
Wow. I have no words for someone who would have their ex move in while dating someone else. That’s just a special kind of messed up. Sorry you had to experience that.

Wow, insulted Walt?? That's where I draw the line. I love Disney too much myself, well, not too much, just enough :cutie:
Yeah it's hard finding love on this site because they live so far at times. I met someone that lives in Cali and has plans to move to Orlando in 2-5 years. That's what I'm talking about. Someone with future plans to permanently live close to Disney. That's my dream :mickeyjum Mouse Mingle wasn't fun for me either. If you decide to move close to Disney I'm sure you'll find your princess, and you'll live happily ever after :earsgirl::earsboy:

Being divorced helped me understand what really matters in a relationship for ME. I have to agree with the OP that having someone with similar interest or love of Disney is uber important to me. However, I would always be willing to adapt, for the right person and convert them at a later time ;)

Dating online is awkward but I have found some interesting peeps out there. We weren't 100% compatible but it wasn't horrible. I am hoping some of OPs luck at finding someone special rubs off on me soon :)

I would love to meet my match...thing is, I need to get to Disney but right now just can't. At any rate, I would love to find someone that loves Disney as much as I do.

(Male Disney lovers point of view) Dating is hard period, a lot of my experience is no one even gets to know you before writing you off. What's worse is if they do then you bring up Disney and they think you're screwed up in the head since you're a guy and they are close minded and they stop talking to you. The internet let's people chat it out a bit in my opinion giving you a bit more of a chance. I've struck up some good conversations with many female Disney lovers, bad part is I've never found one that's not taken. They really like to chat it up about Disney so I feel they don't have that outlet at home. It bothered my ex gf a little that I liked Disney so much, I couldn't get her to have conversations with me about Disney related topics. Not only that she stopped me from going on several trips since she didn't feel like going so she held it over my head and guilted me out of it which wasn't fair to me or my children. Living in Missouri, being a single father and not getting out much isn't much of a combination for finding someone. I've done the dating sites but I refuse to pay to meet someone hundreds of miles away just to get ghosted or find out we aren't compatible. Overweight devorced 40yo white guy that loves Walt Disney World and Disney movies. Also likes normal guy things like Hotrods and Jeeps, but that smell of the Main street bakery, Pirates of the Caribbean and Rome burning keeps calling him back, he might tear up a little when he sees Cinderella castle, Spaceship Earth for the first time since the last trip or during Happily Ever After and is probably going to cry like a baby when he walks into Galaxies Edge but he is still looking for the Disney love of his life.

@radomdisneydad, well said and almost exactly my thoughts as well. It Doesn’t stop me from trying but its definitely not easy.

(Male Disney lovers point of view) Dating is hard period, a lot of my experience is no one even gets to know you before writing you off. What's worse is if they do then you bring up Disney and they think you're screwed up in the head since you're a guy and they are close minded and they stop talking to you. The internet let's people chat it out a bit in my opinion giving you a bit more of a chance. I've struck up some good conversations with many female Disney lovers, bad part is I've never found one that's not taken. They really like to chat it up about Disney so I feel they don't have that outlet at home. It bothered my ex gf a little that I liked Disney so much, I couldn't get her to have conversations with me about Disney related topics. Not only that she stopped me from going on several trips since she didn't feel like going so she held it over my head and guilted me out of it which wasn't fair to me or my children. Living in Missouri, being a single father and not getting out much isn't much of a combination for finding someone. I've done the dating sites but I refuse to pay to meet someone hundreds of miles away just to get ghosted or find out we aren't compatible. Overweight devorced 40yo white guy that loves Walt Disney World and Disney movies. Also likes normal guy things like Hotrods and Jeeps, but that smell of the Main street bakery, Pirates of the Caribbean and Rome burning keeps calling him back, he might tear up a little when he sees Cinderella castle, Spaceship Earth for the first time since the last trip or during Happily Ever After and is probably going to cry like a baby when he walks into Galaxies Edge but he is still looking for the Disney love of his life.

Hi Randondisneydad...yeah it's hard dating and finding someone who loves Disney too.

"Will I ever meet my Prince?" Nope - I'm already married. 48 days and my princess and I will be celebrating our 45th Anniversary at WDW. Can't wait.

Don't try to find a Disney person, it's far too limiting. Find someone who is willing to go with you and give a try...F&W is great for this. My DH didn't have a great need to go to WDW, but he has 2 small kids and loved it - we ended up going twice last year with the kids and will go just us soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!