Disney Dating...Will I ever meet my prince?

One of my first conversations with my now fiancé was for him to tell me the best way to get from point A to point B at WDW Resort. He answered those questions right then we moved to Phase 2, an actual Disney vacation. We are now engaged and our Disney wedding is January 15.

I love this. Congratulations on the engagement and good luck on your Disney wedding. I’m sure it’s going to be beautiful.

Yeah it’s kind a hard to go to Disney with someone who doesn’t want to be there. As for online dating... I don’t even know anymore. Honestly I’m thinking of just moving up to Orlando and just go with the flow. Get a job in Disney and maybe meet someone there. You never know. Online dating is pretty scary. I’m definitely going to stay way from Tinder. I was told today that it is just for like a wan bam thank you ma’am kind of thing. And I was like no way. I don’t want that I want a relationship. I’m 41 years old it’s time for me to move forward in life. I’m not too picky but I definitely want to meet someone that loves Disney. As much as I do. I’ve never tried the dating thread on this site. Where is it? Which one do I choose?

We need to become friends. LOL. Let me say a few things also:

I have moments I feel like I'll never find a cool dude who can appreciate Disney AND me. I've decided to remove myself from "pursuit mode" because it's not working!! LOL. Men need that pursuit, we don't. It's still frustrating, though. I refuse to do Bumble, Tinder, or POF, or any of that simply because I'm not DTF and I'm a Mom who wants to avoid the blahs of online dating. Not so sure I'm sold on eHarmony, either.

I learned real quick like that a lot of guys who work at Disney don't hang out on my side of the fence. LOL. Not ALL but a larger amount. The few I've met that could possibly be a match are, naturally, taken. Not to say meeting someone at Disney can't happen, I've just discovered it isn't quite as easy as I was hoping it was going to be. I've turned out to be quite the magnet for single Dads from the UK. LOL. Lovely, they live clear across the other side of the pond. :rolleyes:

I was dating a man I met when I first moved here. Seemed so great and we ourselves as people were actually pretty compatible. It all seemed so easy! I tried to take him to Epcot for Food & Wine. He HATED IT. Like, I never met anyone that really HATED Disney. LOL. I remember being so bummed we didn't even make it past Rose & Crown before he wanted to leave. Later that weekend I mentioned something else about Disney (not about our Epcot trip, but something totally random) and he literally YELLED "UGH!! I HATE DISNEY!!!". :guilty: As bizarre as it may sound, it honestly felt like he slapped me and stabbed me in the heart at the same time. I felt WOUNDED!! It was a weird realization....to know someone you really thought you were compatible with hates one of the things you really love to do. He went maybe two more times after that with me and hated every minute of it. I guess he tried.

I'm not saying a couple has to have exact interests, either, but I admit I was so sad when I could tell he was miserable at Disney with me and I was so jealous of the couples who were clearly having a great time together.

I think life is just too short to settle. But....still no Prince or Beast on the horizon here....:sad2:

We need to become friends. LOL. Let me say a few things also:

I have moments I feel like I'll never find a cool dude who can appreciate Disney AND me. I've decided to remove myself from "pursuit mode" because it's not working!! LOL. Men need that pursuit, we don't. It's still frustrating, though. I refuse to do Bumble, Tinder, or POF, or any of that simply because I'm not DTF and I'm a Mom who wants to avoid the blahs of online dating. Not so sure I'm sold on eHarmony, either.

I learned real quick like that a lot of guys who work at Disney don't hang out on my side of the fence. LOL. Not ALL but a larger amount. The few I've met that could possibly be a match are, naturally, taken. Not to say meeting someone at Disney can't happen, I've just discovered it isn't quite as easy as I was hoping it was going to be. I've turned out to be quite the magnet for single Dads from the UK. LOL. Lovely, they live clear across the other side of the pond. :rolleyes:

I was dating a man I met when I first moved here. Seemed so great and we ourselves as people were actually pretty compatible. It all seemed so easy! I tried to take him to Epcot for Food & Wine. He HATED IT. Like, I never met anyone that really HATED Disney. LOL. I remember being so bummed we didn't even make it past Rose & Crown before he wanted to leave. Later that weekend I mentioned something else about Disney (not about our Epcot trip, but something totally random) and he literally YELLED "UGH!! I HATE DISNEY!!!". :guilty: As bizarre as it may sound, it honestly felt like he slapped me and stabbed me in the heart at the same time. I felt WOUNDED!! It was a weird realization....to know someone you really thought you were compatible with hates one of the things you really love to do. He went maybe two more times after that with me and hated every minute of it. I guess he tried.

I'm not saying a couple has to have exact interests, either, but I admit I was so sad when I could tell he was miserable at Disney with me and I was so jealous of the couples who were clearly having a great time together.

I think life is just too short to settle. But....still no Prince or Beast on the horizon here....:sad2:

I definitely think we'll be good friends lol. I just got out of my 7 year relationship about 3 months ago. I'm not looking to date just yet. I'm kinda scared.

I think I'll remove myself from the pursuit mode as well. Someone on one of the Disney Singles Facebook pages had asked who was single and I put that I was and boy let me tell you the amount of messages I got. Guys are so out there. They are so daring. I'm not super picky, but there is no way I'm going to date someone just because he likes Disney as much as I do. I mean, the guys are either old, big, or ugly...haha no way.

Yeah I'm sure that most of the guys that work at Disney play for the other team hahaha. Oh and UK guys, I love the way they speak, they're just so far!

Oh wow, I can't believe that guy hated Disney. I CANNOT date someone like that. I would feel bruised as well :guilty: Nope! Nope! Nope! I would drop him like a sack of potatoes!

The only interest I care about it Disney lol. We'll find out prince soon. He'll come when we least expect it...so I've heard :scared:

Anyways, find me on Facebook JANETTE BARCENA!

I tried MM too but the problem is you have to pay in order to chat with someone. I’m definitely not going to pay to meet someone.

Hello everyone, I was just wondering if anybody’s ever met their match while at Disney? While Disney is my passion I haven’t been able to leave Miami and move up and perhaps one day become a cast member. I’m hoping this will happen within the next couple of years. I’m interested in checking out mousemingle.com but I’m not sure that really works. Has anybody found a match there? And also are there other dating sites for Disney lovers? Thank you all for your help. Have a magical day!
Desperately seeking single °o°

Sadly I´m in Argentina. On second thought, it is not that far....Sounds pretty good to me!!

It was a deal breaker for me too! Sad but true. I grew up with Disney living in Southern California. It’s in my blood! I’ve been trying to share my passion with my two little ones for past couple years. 3 Disney cruises, two WDW trips and 1 DCA under our belts.

I met my Disney-loving boyfriend on OK Cupid. Even though you can do a lot for “free” on that site, I did pay for the membership. My thought (and experience) is that those that pay for the membership are going to be more serious about looking for a long term relationship, instead of a “booty call.”

I do live in FL, so I’m sure that made it easier to find a guy who was really into Disney (at the time, I was about 90 mins from WDW). But it still took some work to find him! I even went on a few dates from the dating string on this site, but nothing ever panned out.

I did have on my OK Cupid profile that I loved Disney and a few photos of me doing Disney things, but I tried not to make it TOO overboard, as I do have other interests. A few guys I dated from OK Cupid were “cool” with Disney but I’m not sure how much they would have accompanied me to the parks if we had dated long term. When I met my boyfriend, he already had an Annual Pass and even suggested that our 1st date be at MK! (Unfortunately, I got in a minor car wreck the day before our 1st date and we had to change plans, but it’s worked out fine. Haha)

We now live together and even live much closer to Disney than when we first met! It’s our main source of weekend entertainment when we don’t have plans. :)

Good luck finding your Prince! I’m sure he’s out there!

My divorce is final next month. After twelve years of being told I’m worthless, I finally said enough. Add to that, he didn’t care much for Disney and hated how much my daughter and I love it.

Even the thought of dating again is terrifying. I am “old, big, and ugly”... lol... so taking myself right out of the whole mess of dating. Who needs that kind of judgement anyway. To me, the most important thing is personality, sense of humor, and how he treats people. A love of Disney, or at least an appreciation for it, is important too though. You need to have at least some common interests to make it work.

You do not need someone who also LOVES Disney. You need someone who respects your love for Disney.

My wonderful husband is not that into Disney - but he loves and respects my needs and wants to spend time there. He's more than willing to accommodate my needs. He's said many times that he knows what I do for him so this is what he does for me.

For the person who posted that they were "old, fat, and ugly" as per their ex - believe me there is a lid for every pot. There are so many men and women who want to find a decent, nice and appreciative person out there.

Finding a loving and accepting partner is NOT about meeting their needs. It's about finding someone who appreciates who you are and how that works for them. My biggest mistake was thinking about how I should have certain characteristics that satisfied others. No - it is about who I am and finding someone who appreciates that.

I had so many horrible relationships - but I was always trying to be with what someone else wanted. I am now happily married to a wonderful man. My DH loves who I am - even with my imperfections.

Last edited:
I apologize as I didn’t get to read every post here but I did meet my prince. I was married for 16 long miserable years to a person that was very anti-Disney and many other bad traits. We divorced in 99. I work in healthcare and my friends kept encouraging me to go online. It took quite a bit of prodding as I was 40 then. I finally did Go on Match.(com)in 2002 for a very short time. In that very short time, I was blessed to meet my prince! We have been happily married since 2005. He LOVES Disney and roller skating (which I had put in my profile). He treats me like a queen and I treat him like my king. We are now 55+ and planning our next Disney trip for 2018. Just be careful when meeting people online. Never have them pick you up at your home. You need to know first if you can trust them before ever giving out your address. If there are any red flags, pay attention to them. Always trust your gut. Heck, I even ran a background check on my husband in the first month I knew him. I don’t trust easily. Just know there are good people out there. I wish you nothing but the best!

Interesting topic. Just got out of a long marriage, so considering these kind of things for the first time. I don't think someone would need to love Disney for me, but if they hated it I think I would struggle. Not that it is the most important thing in my life, but I feel like someone that hated Disney is someone I wouldn't really connect with, if that makes sense.

Interesting topic. Just got out of a long marriage, so considering these kind of things for the first time. I don't think someone would need to love Disney for me, but if they hated it I think I would struggle. Not that it is the most important thing in my life, but I feel like someone that hated Disney is someone I wouldn't really connect with, if that makes sense.

Makes total sense, I definitely need to have that Disney connection.

I apologize as I didn’t get to read every post here but I did meet my prince. I was married for 16 long miserable years to a person that was very anti-Disney and many other bad traits. We divorced in 99. I work in healthcare and my friends kept encouraging me to go online. It took quite a bit of prodding as I was 40 then. I finally did Go on Match.(com)in 2002 for a very short time. In that very short time, I was blessed to meet my prince! We have been happily married since 2005. He LOVES Disney and roller skating (which I had put in my profile). He treats me like a queen and I treat him like my king. We are now 55+ and planning our next Disney trip for 2018. Just be careful when meeting people online. Never have them pick you up at your home. You need to know first if you can trust them before ever giving out your address. If there are any red flags, pay attention to them. Always trust your gut. Heck, I even ran a background check on my husband in the first month I knew him. I don’t trust easily. Just know there are good people out there. I wish you nothing but the best!

I love it. I actually met someone about 3 months ago. We've been in contact ever since. Not being a Disney fan is my deal breaker for sure. I'm glad I met your prince and are both super happy. As long as he treats you like a queen that's what matters. I will be meeting my prince in Disney so I feel safe about it. Haha and a background check would be good too lol. Good luck to you!!

this discussion reminded me of this funny video.

How closely this hits my life is a bit frightening but hilarious. Though not during a dinner it typically happens the first time someone comes over to visit. When the welcome mat at your house is identical to the one at the lobby entrance of the Contemporary Resort people start questioning your hobby.

Hey everyone I haven’t been by this board in years. I am surprised just because how much of a Disney fan I am. I grew up in Miami Springs Florida and went about every summer. I couldn’t even imagine having a relationship with somebody who doesn’t enjoy Disney as much as you do. I can’t wait to move back down to Florida so I will be closer to the excitement. Have a great day y’all.

How closely this hits my life is a bit frightening but hilarious. Though not during a dinner it typically happens the first time someone comes over to visit. When the welcome mat at your house is identical to the one at the lobby entrance of the Contemporary Resort people start questioning your hobby.

I had forgotten about that video - in just watching it again, I saw conversations that definitely happened in my past relationships. I'm definitely okay with that being me though :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!