Disney Cruise Line Stateroom Reports

LOVED the CRUISE I will post a report soon!

Room 10656 is the last Balcony stateroom (Aft I think) It is right below Cabanas...problem is that the ice maker is right on top of the room and it goes off all day and night...:mad:

Stayed in this cabin on the June 7 Double Dip. It's very convenient to the elevators and not much noise other than the normal kids running down the hall. The balcony cabin was great and has the plexiglass on the balcony between the white bars with a table and 2 chairs. You could hear the shuffle board games going on from below so if you are looking for a quieter experience on your balcony, you'll probably want to book another cabin. It didn't both us at all and we enjoyed playing shuffle board while onboard.

This cabin can adjoin with the on the right (when facing the door).

Loved the higher beds (for storing luggage) and the split bath seemed a bit larger than on the Wonder/Magic. The bowed shower curtain does give you more room in the shower too. I didn't see a pull down ceiling bed, but they could have changed the design from the previous ships so can't be 100% sure, but didn't see the normal ring on the ceiling for the pull down bed. The icebox works much better than the older ones and kept beverages nice and cold.

As far as noise in the room, we did notice a loud banging which seemed to come from under the cabin, but it may have been the ship maintenance crew moving something since the boats are the deck below and they did have a machine they used to move along the outside of the ship and I saw them securing it one time and it seems that could have been the noise when it hit the side of the ship. It only happened probably 3 times while we were in the room and always during the day and really wasn't a bother, but thought it was worth the mention. It definitely would not defer me from staying in this room again as it was a great location and everything was brand spankin' new. We didn't have a standing trunk but there are lots of drawers and shelves. We did have a trunk that is used as a coffee table that the lid comes off for storage but we didn't need to use it.

Hope this helps some of you traveling in this stateroom.

I feel certain that this has been requested already, but there is still only the one room report for stateroom 6690 on the Dream. I know that the balcony is wonderful (based on the report from the MV), but I would like to know more about the room itself...and maybe see pictures?

:surfweb:

Me too! I have that room for the June 24th sailing!

Stayed in this cabin on the June 7 Double Dip. It's very convenient to the elevators and not much noise other than the normal kids running down the hall. The balcony cabin was great and has the plexiglass on the balcony between the white bars with a table and 2 chairs. You could hear the shuffle board games going on from below so if you are looking for a quieter experience on your balcony, you'll probably want to book another cabin. It didn't both us at all and we enjoyed playing shuffle board while onboard.

Loved the higher beds (for storing luggage) and the split bath seemed a bit larger than on the Wonder/Magic. The bowed shower curtain does give you more room in the shower too. I didn't see a pull down ceiling bed, but they could have changed the design from the previous ships so can't be 100% sure, but didn't see the normal ring on the ceiling for the pull down bed. The icebox works much better than the older ones and kept beverages nice and cold.

As far as noise in the room, we did notice a loud banging which seemed to come from under the cabin, but it may have been the ship maintenance crew moving something since the boats are the deck below and they did have a machine they used to move along the outside of the ship and I saw them securing it one time and it seems that could have been the noise when it hit the side of the ship. It only happened probably 3 times while we were in the room and always during the day and really wasn't a bother, but thought it was worth the mention. It definitely would not defer me from staying in this room again as it was a great location and everything was brand spankin' new. We didn't have a standing trunk but there are lots of drawers and shelves. We did have a trunk that is used as a coffee table that the lid comes off for storage but we didn't need to use it.

Thanks so much for following up and posting this homespun. It's the first review I've seen on this cabin and am glad we picked a good one for our first cruise. Glad you had good time.

For Deck 5s Laundry room it is Aft in the hallway directly behind the elevators. From the Aft elevator lobby on Deck 5, turn to the port side at the staircase and then turn Aft in the port hallway. It is in the hallway at the end of the port hallway on the left.

That's very helpful. I was all over the ship looking for laundry rooms at the last minute because DS needed his shirt and pants ironed and there was a couple in using our deck's laundry room at 5 PM (right before 1st dinner) to iron 2 entire suitcases of clothes. Guess they didn't realize many people iron in the evening so the hunt was on to another deck and like you said they are scattered and harder to find on this ship which is a good thing if you are nearby them. They were quite a bit larger too and the ones we went to each had 2 irons and ironing boards

Thanks so much for following up and posting this homespun. It's the first review I've seen on this cabin and am glad we picked a good one for our first cruise. Glad you had good time.

You're welcome. It was a great location and I would definitely stay in it again. BTW staging for your drill is in one of the theaters and you no longer need to wear or even bring your life preserver... pretty neat deal.

This is one of the aft balcony cabins on the Dream. It is literally mid-ship. The centerline of the ship goes right through the room as evidenced by the balcony railing (although the room is slightly more on the port side than starboard.)

Good things about this room -- it is in a very private location. You can only reach it from the port-side hallway and there are no staterooms beyond it. Across the hall is a laundry room which saw a fair amount of use but never caused us any issues with respect to noise, crowds, etc.

Speaking of noise -- the sound from Evolution is definitely noticeable. So much so, I wrote a letter to the hotel manager letting them know that it was a problem. (The music plays until 2:00 am, so if you are a light sleeper or find baselines pounding in your ear through the pillow to be unpleasant, you will want to rethink this as a room choice.) I have to say that the senior staff were very prompt in responding to my note -- and would have moved us if they had a comparable room available. We worked around the noise problem by staying out as late as possible. :)

The balcony is a very nice size -- I measured it to be roughly 8 feet deep at it's deepest. There was plenty of room to move the two deck chairs to either side and have room for stretching/yoga each morning.

The hallway on the port side goes all the way forward, so there is no issue getting to the kids clubs, movie theater, etc. from this location. Be advised that you do need to go to the mid-ship stairwell to go down to the Enchanted Garden restaurant on deck 2. You cannot get there from the aft stairwell.

Another plus (again if the sound from Evolution isn't a concern) is that the only other balcony you ever see is from 5190. To the starboard side, the space is only used by crew to raise/lower the flag as the ship pulls into or out of port. Beyond that space and to the port side of 5190 are much more substantial bulkheads so it is a very private space.

Overall, we found the stateroom to be very nice. If I had a choice, I would definitely choose the same location on the ship but up on deck 6 or 7.

Got any pics? :)

I do have some laundry room pictures.

lauderette.jpg

ironingboard.jpg

soapcenter.jpg

dreamwashers.jpg

I love the location of this room!
On the last cruse I chose this room as well.
After reading reports of a sewage smell I was really concerned.
There was a smell, but after calling guest services, they came up and corrected the problem.
I did hear some noise underneath, but nothing that kept me from falling asleep or waking me.
Plenty of room to unpack a family of four. All suitcases fit under the bed.
The fridge did keep things ice cold (my water bottle froze).

The location is perfect. So close to Enchanted Garden, the gangway and theaters. I'm hoping to stay in this room again!

We just left on Sunday and wished we were back! Staterooms are the same - just newer. LOVE being able to put suitcases under the bed. Food was just as good and the shows were as good. The only exception was missing Disney Dreams.

The staff is getting better. Our only problem was a head server, Mario who tried to cut off Enchanted Garden WAY too soon on embarkation day. The line was half way up the restaurant with only one side open. After I discussed it with him and said that I would remember his name, the other side quickly opened back up.

Our server and assistant server, Gerson and Maritza respectfully were the best ever. The service in Palo's was as good as we have seen. The halls are a little longer to walk and the intimacy associated with the Magic and Wonder have not been matched (how could it?) I would say Marie, in retail services did an EXCELLENT job with our family.

The rooms were very clean and new. I would say that 5664 has a round balcony on the back of the ship (it was like we were on a private yacht). TV in 5662 did not work after leaving Port Canaveral. Who cares! Room service was fast every mornin with coffee.

If you have not done the Jet Ski excursion on Castaway Cay - DO IT! We had a blast with our kids running round the island. Also, go up to the new BBQ location. No lines and the food was flowing freely.

For all of you who loved Parrot Cay Mango Soup - request it and the chef will make it. We had it every night after the first night. AHHHH!

When leaving the ship - thought it was going to be a nightmare - but it went smooth AFTER the doors were open. My suggestion is to go to the atrium and just wait around and jump in line when it is moving. We actually began in the line after leaving RP for bfast all the way BEHIND Animators Palate. If I had to do it over - I would have walked out of the front entrance of RP (instead of the side) and just eased into line when the door opened.

Overall, Disney you get a A plus!

It pays to get to the port early & waitlist for an upgrade - even if the ship is full.

After unpacking & eating dinner on our first night - we get the call - someone had to unexpectedly cancel - would you be interested in an upgrade from your Cat 4A to Cat OOV - concierge level for a modest price increase.

Calmly & coolly - we tour the unit and gracefully agree to the terms.

DCL got it way right!!!! I think the stateroom was only a few square feet larger - maybe 20 - but it felt like more. Two kids had to share the pullout sofa vs having their own bed - but it was a sacrifice that they were willing to make.

The service was impeccable. Was so nice to be able to escape to the concierge lounge for some quiet time. The CMs there were outstanding.

353.jpg

349.jpg

Sorry - this one is dark:

347.jpg

I was hoping someone has sailed with this stateroom. I didn't see a stateroom report. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter