Disney Cruise Line: Simulated Test Sailings With Volunteers Beginning June 29

The guidance on the UK sailings doesn’t specify anything about type or mixing, the only caveat is that you have to be 7 days after your second dose which is based (but not strictly following) health guidance here.
In the US, you are not considered fully vaccinated until 14 days after your 2nd dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or the single shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

Right now the CDC guidelines allow a passenger to be treated as vaccinated if Pfizer and Moderna are mixed, but not AZ. This is something that is changing literally day-by-day, though, so it’ll probably be different by the time Disney sails (assuming vaccination status matters for sailing on Disney at all).

For non-US sailings that care about vaccination status on other cruise lines I’m seeing that generally mixing Pfizer/Moderna with AZ is allowed, but some cruise lines are only allowing it if AZ is the first dose.

I’m in the UK - the only time you can mix vaccines is in the event of a bad reaction to AZ. Otherwise it’s expressly not allowed by the Government at present.

The guidance on the UK sailings doesn’t specify anything about type or mixing, the only caveat is that you have to be 7 days after your second dose which is based (but not strictly following) health guidance here.
Interesting. Thank you for the clarification. Here in Canada mixing and matching (not just mRNA vaccines but also AZ with mRNA) is a lot more common.

Right now the CDC guidelines allow a passenger to be treated as vaccinated if Pfizer and Moderna are mixed, but not AZ. This is something that is changing literally day-by-day, though, so it’ll probably be different by the time Disney sails (assuming vaccination status matters for sailing on Disney at all).

For non-US sailings that care about vaccination status on other cruise lines I’m seeing that generally mixing Pfizer/Moderna with AZ is allowed, but some cruise lines are only allowing it if AZ is the first dose.
That's DH and I, AZ with a Moderna chaser :rotfl2:

My hubby got a moderna chaser to his AZ dose and now I’m afraid he won’t be able to go on our Alaska cruise next year
If anything I think the AK will be just fine as it leaves from Vancouver. No CDC jurisdiction in Canada, the cruise ships will have to follow Canadian protocols.

If anything I think the AK will be just fine as it leaves from Vancouver. No CDC jurisdiction in Canada, the cruise ships will have to follow Canadian protocols.
The CDC asserts jurisdiction over any ship sailing in US waters, so they’d need to follow both Canadian and US protocols.

It’s the ability to pass through US customs getting onto the ship I’m worried about

It’s the ability to pass through US customs getting onto the ship I’m worried about
Again, I really don't think that will be an issue. Canadians can fly to the US now, the US doesn't require vaccine proof. I honestly think this will get sorted out sooner rather than later so I would try not to worry about it yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter