Disney Cruise Line - anyone been on one wearing a hearing aid?

Mazzy

Planning for 2019
I am considering DLC as part of our trip next year, but I'm just wondering whether my hearing aid would pick up interference from the Ship. Has anyone been on DCL wearing a hearing aid? I would love to know about your experience.

I wish I knew the answer, but since I don't, I'll bump this up for you.

Mazzy the hearing aid shouldnt pick up the radio from the ship, these are set at differant frequencies to the actual aid, were off next year, when are you going?, I will see how DS reacts when we go, if thats any help.

jules

Thanks for bumping Sue :D

Jules, it is still at the 'talking about' stage at the moment. We are planning to back to WDW next November (if the Xmas trip goes to plan) to take advantage of our annual passes and I'm just wondering about adding a cruise in their! It's just a friend many years ago said a friend of hers had gone on a cruise ship and got interference in her aid, but that was about 8 years ago so maybe things are different. Maybe someone will come along and give us an answer soon. Which month are you going? Have you booked your cruise yet? I'm sure your son will love it! :D

Mazzy were off in may next year havent booked the cruise yet, as im s till nailing down the flights and want to get them under my belt first.Times have changed since 8 years ago concerning hearing aids, what make and model do you have I'll check this end

Jules

Hi Jules :wave:

I have a BE201. I do get a 'bleep' when I walk through the security door at the airport, where you put your bags on the conveyor belt. I also get some interference with some shops security system in the shop doorways, sometimes a dull beep, sometimes it is really loud! This is why I'm concerned about interference on the ship, as I can't manage without my aid but couldn't stand it beeping for days on end with nowhere to escape to! ;)

Mazzy,
You might ask Mark Jones who you could contact to answer this question on the cruise lines. Even if he doen't have the answer, he may know someone who can answer the question.

Thanks for that Lisa, I'll get in touch with him and see if he can help out :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter