Disney Condones Line-Cutting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Fantasius

Mouseketeer
Just returned from a quick few days at WDW to participate in the half-marathon this past weekend and spend a few days in the parks as well.

Overall, had a great time with family, but was disappointed by the amount of line-cutting that people seemed to feel they had the "right" to do because the rest of their party was already in line. The worst example was when we were at the Haunted Mansion and the estimated time was 50 minutes.

After waiting in line for about 20 minutes, a group of about 8 teenagers started to cut in line to join a smaller group of about 6 teenagers already in line ahead of us. When I tried to stop them and call a CM over, the CM SAID IT WAS ALRIGHT AND LET THEM IN TO JOIN THEIR GROUP!

After the CM left, another 4 teenagers casually cut the line to join their group. Yes, it was a foreign tour group, but I have never seen it so blatant!

After we finally got out of the ride 50 minutes later, I asked to talk with a supervisor. The supervisor informed me that it is official Disney policy to allow groups to ride together and meet up in line when possible. When I explained there were only 6 teens and one adult (the tour guide) in line initially, which then ballooned to 18 by the time they had all cut in line, he said they don't really control that.

In essence, then, what he was saying is that Disney officially condones line-cutting as long as you are "with a group."

I guess now that I know the "rule," I'm definitely going to be taking advantage of it!

This has happened to us, as well, and its infuriating! How hard is it to stay together! I guess I understand it more if its with little ones and they have to use the restroom but teenagers is a whole other situation. We were in Peter Pan when 4 adult children swam up the line to get to their mother that they had left in line to wait. Its absolutely ridiculous.

Back in 2015, my husband and son left the Lion King line after being there for a long time to use the restroom. I asked the CM if it would be ok for them to join us (me and my daughter) where we were in line and the CM said no. What bothers me is when a very small percentage of a party gets in line and the others do not till much later.

It's definitely changed over the years, for sure. We have let many a mother/father with a small child in line to meet up with their family over the years, but now groups of adults and teens get indignant when you try to stop them, and the CM's just shrug.

I grew up going to a (now) Six Flags amusement park outside of Chicago that had zero tolerance for line cutting! Your entire group would be kicked out without question if caught line cutting. Actually made it a little less stressful standing in line when you knew your time was respected.

OP- I feel your pain. It’s so ridiculous. Have you been to Disneyland lately? It’s even worse. People were actually unhooking the ropes and cutting the line with large groups. No none said a word. It was unbelievable.

Rude, inconsiderate, self absorbed and potentially dangerous. Sad!

Happened to us twice in a row, same family. At the end of the ride I approached the CM at the fastpass area.
I explained what happened and how frustrated it was. Others also complained. She gave us comp fastpass and a “coupon” for a free ice cream. Not what I was seeking.
At Mexico pavilion some very aggressive kids came stampeding thru, screaming, banging into people. A family member I was with was Very affected by it. Ruined the rest of our day. It was just so unnecessary!
CM did Nothing. I asked for a Supv and he also did Nothing.
I suppose they just don’t care...

I’ve not had it happen last 2-3 visits thankfully... it’s frustrating but the Safety potential worries me more.
At some point there may be a Bad Confrontation with bad consequences...
Disney needs to Handle this!

In August I watched a father and son walk by everyone in line for SDD saying they were meeting his mother. Watched him walk all the way to almost the very front and they never met anyone.

Aside from the above instance, it annoyed me at first but for the most part I can understand groups staying together. It’s going to impact your wait what, twenty seconds? It’s nice to know if you get separated from your group you can still enjoy an experience together.

OP- I feel your pain. It’s so ridiculous. Have you been to Disneyland lately? It’s even worse. People were actually unhooking the ropes and cutting the line with large groups. No none said a word. It was unbelievable.

YES!!!DL is so bad, I tried letting it go but it was happening so much I ended up saying something twice. The first time we watched a women duck under a chain in front of us ever so nonchalantly, then 5 min later 4 people come up from behind us asking to meet up with her. I wouldn’t let them pass :rolleyes1. She ended up going back to them but they still cut in front of others. The second time it was a group of about 12 meeting up with someone ahead of us. When I said something about cutting the oldest gentleman laughed at me. I said something to a CM and they just shrugged. I’m pretty laid back most of the time but it was happening so often it was getting to me.
Totally ok with young children with mother/father meeting up after an emergency restroom break but none of the above were that situation.

Disney needs to stop this. I have no problem if someone was already on line and needs to leave temporarily to take a child to the restroom. If you weren't on line already, you are cutting. Keep your entire party together and enter at the same time. I might be tempted to suddenly want to join my very distant cousin in the party just ahead of the group that cut in front of me.

It seems like they don’t want to confront anyone about anything anymore. That is so annoying. I try to shrug it off but it is hard to do sometimes. If my local park can throw out line jumpers so can Disney.

I would start an in-line discussion with my children about how sad it is that some people don't follow the rules and don't care about the feelings of others. Passive-aggressive on my part and a lesson to the kiddos on this type of bully behavior.

In August I watched a father and son walk by everyone in line for SDD saying they were meeting his mother. Watched him walk all the way to almost the very front and they never met anyone.

Reminds of something from about 20 years ago. My family was waiting for a parade, we were standing four across right at the curb. A guy from the back of the crowd, comes through, "excuse me, excuse me, excuse me". I think everyone thought he was just trying to get across the street. He gets to the front and stops right in front of us and is frozen to the spot. Fortunately for us, our kids were smaller, so we ended up standing with the two kids in front of us, so we all could see, but.........

Reminds of something from about 20 years ago. My family was waiting for a parade, we were standing four across right at the curb. A guy from the back of the crowd, comes through, "excuse me, excuse me, excuse me". I think everyone thought he was just trying to get across the street. He gets to the front and stops right in front of us and is frozen to the spot. Fortunately for us, our kids were smaller, so we ended up standing with the two kids in front of us, so we all could see, but.........
This happened to us a couple years back! We had posted up almost 2 hours early so our stroller-bound child could see the parade. About 20 minutes before the parade started, here comes a group of at least 15 people, at least 16 years and older, weaseling their way in. We'd been talking to the CM before all of this so she KNEW how long we'd been there, but when this happened she essentially told us to move to make room for the giant group. One of the adult men physically had his butt on my friend and they were so rude and hateful it was almost unfathomable. Its absolutely asinine and its definitely time Disney stepped up and figure out a way to deal with it. Everybody's hot. Everybody's tired. Those can't be your excuses for acting like a heathen.

This only has happened to me once. Luckily. And I did not move for them to pass. I said with my wife and kids right by me. No you will not go around me. They did not. Well untill the lines went left and right. This was on big thunder. They went other way. Which is fine. I just wasn’t allowing them to get in front of me. Sometimes you just have to stand up and say nope. Not today you aren’t.

This only has happened to me once. Luckily. And I did not move for them to pass. I said with my wife and kids right by me. No you will not go around me. They did not. Well untill the lines went left and right. This was on big thunder. They went other way. Which is fine. I just wasn’t allowing them to get in front of me. Sometimes you just have to stand up and say nope. Not today you aren’t.

You and I need to hang out! As I said in my head the day at the movie theater when two sets of people tried to push in front of me and my son, "Not today Satan!" :lmao::lmao:

Anyone who tries this while I’m in line in 2 weeks (with the exception of little ones needing a potty break) will get an earful of HATE from me and explanations of proper manners along with intensive stare downs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!