Disney College Program Rejected has anyone been?

Andryroxy

Earning My Ears
Ok so After I finished my Web based Disney College Program it had a message that I didn't meet the requirements : ( but all my Answers were Honest....am I supposed to lie to get the job??? That had me so down though I know I can reapply(and I will) but I really wanted to go next semester 2010. Has any of you been rejected???:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

My son was rejected twice. The first time he was interviewed and got the reject letter after two months of agonized waiting. He called and was told that he didn't put in for enough job areas (he's selected perhaps 5-8). In August he applied and didn't even get past the first step which is some new personality test. Gee he seems like such a nice guy - perhaps he's an ax murderer but isn't in touch with his true nature yet. Disney must just know.
You must be terribly disappointed and I'm so sorry. My son has instead thrown himself into his college work and his hobbies. I think you should call them and ask them how you can become a better candidate for the next time around. Who knows, it may just be that it's a bad economy and they are overloaded with wonderfully qualified, enthuastic applicants so it's just bad luck.
Keep us posted on what you find. I'm rooting for you.

My son was rejected twice. The first time he was interviewed and got the reject letter after two months of agonized waiting. He called and was told that he didn't put in for enough job areas (he's selected perhaps 5-8). In August he applied and didn't even get past the first step which is some new personality test. Gee he seems like such a nice guy - perhaps he's an ax murderer but isn't in touch with his true nature yet. Disney must just know.
You must be terribly disappointed and I'm so sorry. My son has instead thrown himself into his college work and his hobbies. I think you should call them and ask them how you can become a better candidate for the next time around. Who knows, it may just be that it's a bad economy and they are overloaded with wonderfully qualified, enthuastic applicants so it's just bad luck.
Keep us posted on what you find. I'm rooting for you.

Thanks for that answer!!! It really cheers me up :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

keep your head up! if you were rejected because of the WBI, it doesn't necessarily mean there is anything wrong with you, it may be because Disney doesn't have any roles open based on your needs. just keep swimming, and apply next semester:thumbsup2

Disney is looking for people who work in groups, are never late, are always kind, again TEAMWORK, lots of passion and go-getter-ish-ness. Think about that when applying again next time. Not saying you should lie on the test but those are the qualities they're looking for.

As far as rejection goes...I've made it clear numerous other threads that I've been rejected this week. They seem to be much tougher this semester than all the other ones so far.

keep your head up! if you were rejected because of the WBI, it doesn't necessarily mean there is anything wrong with you, it may be because Disney doesn't have any roles open based on your needs. just keep swimming, and apply next semester:thumbsup2

THIS. If you do not pass the WBI it does not mean you're not Disney material. It is partially used to match you up with a role that would fit you and how you would fit them in the company. If roles are full, this may happen.
But I stress...DO NOT LIE on the WBI. Be honest with your answers =). Good luck to everyone applying!

While it definitly sucks that you didn't pass the web interview I would definitly encourage you to apply again. I was rejected for the Fall 09 program and I found out the weekend before all of my finals. It SUCKED! If you are honest in your anwsers I wouldn't feelbad about what happened, knowning you didn't lie to get in should be a good feeling.

Keep your chin up! I reapplied for the Spring semester and I was able to get in. 2nd times the charm!

I sat through the web presentation and then applied and took the "web based interview". I got denied too. :guilty:
We'll try again next semester!

Keep in mind that strongly siding with something effects more than putting neutral. When I was taking the WBI, some of the questions were oddly phrased, or could be interpreted in numerous ways depending on the situation, so I'd favor a "neutral" opinion on the statement.

Also, keep in mind, that you may do better with an on-campus presentation if there's one in your area as you won't have to do 'the personality test', and you'll get to communicate with a live human being/also have your screening interview at the same time.

Also, keep in mind, that you may do better with an on-campus presentation if there's one in your area as you won't have to do 'the personality test', and you'll get to communicate with a live human being/also have your screening interview at the same time.

From what I understand you'll still have to do the Web interview, the only way to get out of that is if you're currently a cast member. Also, everyone does a phone interview now, whether they go to a live presentation or do the e-presentation.

The presentation on campus is just to show what the program is like, answer questions and then we give codes to hopefuls- they have to apply online like everyone else and do WBI. we do not do interviews in person anymore.

I would have liked to have done an interview in person with someone when I applied for my program- i prefer the face-to-face interaction...

I was rejected after the Web-based interview too, and I was really distraught about it (especially since I had already successfully participated in the program back in fall 2006). The next day, I couldn't see any reason why I shouldn't be considered, so I called them. As it turned out, I took my WBI on a Mac. However, the Web Based Interview portion MUST be taken on Internet Explorer! The wonderful hiring manager reset the interview and I passed the second time around. Make sure that you're using Internet Explorer when you take the WBI, otherwise it will give them bad results. The second time around, I was accepted!

I was rejected after the Web-based interview too, and I was really distraught about it (especially since I had already successfully participated in the program back in fall 2006). The next day, I couldn't see any reason why I shouldn't be considered, so I called them. As it turned out, I took my WBI on a Mac. However, the Web Based Interview portion MUST be taken on Internet Explorer! The wonderful hiring manager reset the interview and I passed the second time around. Make sure that you're using Internet Explorer when you take the WBI, otherwise it will give them bad results. The second time around, I was accepted!

thats really good to know because i was definitely going to do it on my mac. lol im mad you have to use internet explorer to apply! they really need to update that. i dont know anyone that still uses internet explorer lol its all about firefox! haha

My best friend was rejected as well from the web based interview. She used a Mac which could have been the reason she was rejected. I told her to call them and see if there was a way they can reset the interview and let her do it again but she didn't think that would help but at the Disney College Program Group on facebook I read about many people who were rejected on the WBI as well and they were able to take it again because they called the recruiters. Your best bet is to call the recruiters and see if they would let you retake it.

A tip my friend gave me (kateface517 :) ) was to answer the questions honestly, yes, but to answer them in the mindset that this is your personality at WORK. Because to be honest I am usually late to EVERYTHING, but when it comes to work I would always be half-an-hour early and would have to sit in the back room until my shift started.

So next time you apply keep that in your mind! It's definitely helpful. Even if you haven't had a job imagine how your personality would be if you were working, because I can guarantee it's different from how you are just hanging out :) & GOOD LUCK!

thats really good to know because i was definitely going to do it on my mac. lol im mad you have to use internet explorer to apply! they really need to update that. i dont know anyone that still uses internet explorer lol its all about firefox! haha

I know! It was such a bad mistake to require IE. No Macs use that anymore!

I ended up downloaded IE, but then used Safari, and it worked fine!

I got rejected last semester, and now I'm waiting to hear my results for this semester. I don't have high hopes, but I wanted to try at least.

WOW good to know! I don't use a Mac, but I use Google Chrome (or occasionally Firefox) rather than IE so it's nice to be aware of this in advance.

Although it's really outdated and unsupported by microsoft, you can still install an old version of IE on a Mac. That's what I did for the CP application, and it worked fine. Google it and you'll find several places to download it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!