Disney Club

Mish

DIS Veteran
I got married 2 weeks ago and called Disney Club to change the name on my card and can you believe they want me to pay $10. I said to the lady on the phone that I couldn't believe they were going to charge me after I just spent $30 to join a few months ago. Michelle

Yet another reason to keep your "maiden" name ... I did :).

I would agree that you should call again. Or ... just keep the darn card with your old name on it. Just tell people that you are recently married. You should have no problem and I'm sure that you'll have some kind identification with your old name on it. FWIW, My DC card has my last name and my husband's last name on it "The X-Y Household" so we can both use it.

I know its not funny but I had to laugh. My library wanted to charge me $5 to get a new library card with my married name on it! And the card was free to start out with!! I just laughed and told them I'll keep it with my maiden name. When it expires, I can get my name changed for free. So I'll wait!!

I'd call again and if the next CM says the same thing, I'd just keep it with your maiden name.

Gosh, that surprises me.... I agree, keep it with your maiden name if they want to charge you to change it...

Well, next time you and your husband check in and they say: "Thanks, Mr. & Mrs. (DH's name)",
you just reply:"Oh, it's Mrs. (maiden name) to you guys"

;) :smooth:

Wanda :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter