Disney childcare for kids with ASD?

Has anyone used the kid's clubs at Disney for their ASD kiddos? Our son is 8, verbal, usually has a 1 on 1 at school but in a childcare setting I think he would be ok in a group as long as someone was keeping an extra careful eye on him. I'm planning on calling to check with them first but just thought I'd see if anyone had some experience with this. Thanks!
I recommend keeping him with you. You wouldn't be able to count on him getting more attention than any other child, or on the club leaders having experience with special needs kids.

I had inquired about Kids Night Out for 2 children with medical needs with some behavioral needs.
If I decided to go the route of leaving my kids with someone at the resort I would most likely look into home health nursing availability on a private pay one-time basis. KNO wanted to up charge us due to the level of need. If its not illegal to do that in Florida it is certainly pretty shady.

Not shady, they would have to send someone who would be able to handle the medical needs (at least someone with a HHC or NA certification?) so that would be a different level of care/coverage. And to the person who thought that would violate ADA, it wouldn't, as there is an extra service being asked for. You pay extra for medical care over babysitting.

I had inquired about Kids Night Out for 2 children with medical needs with some behavioral needs.
If I decided to go the route of leaving my kids with someone at the resort I would most likely look into home health nursing availability on a private pay one-time basis. KNO wanted to up charge us due to the level of need. If its not illegal to do that in Florida it is certainly pretty shady.

why is it shady to pay more for more service? would you want a young adult or retired grandmother at $20 an hour but has zero training or experience with handling meltdowns or 'getting' ASD quirks, or would you rather pay $30 an hour and get someone who is qualified to deal with such things until you can return?

I have used it for my ASD/ADHD/Anxiety son. He is what I would call "high functioning". He is verbal and can take care of his needs, but don't really care to interact or play with others (other than his little brother or people who want his interest). And he talks your ear off about his obsessions.

He loved it. They had no issues with him at all, but he did not require one-on-one

stupid suggestion really stupid do not listen get a baby sitter and get the baby sitter and your son and daughter all to go to the party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter