Disney Channel Show Tickets - Tips On How To Get Them?

3princesshome

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any tips on how to be successful in obtaining Disney channel show tickets? We will be in LA area in August. I have looked on the audiences unlimited website and see a few of the shows are taping on a date that we will be there. My concern is that there is only one date that occurs during our trip and I'd like to be extra sure that I can get them. I understand the website gets updated daily by 8:30am pacific time. Does anyone have any tips on how to be one of the first ones to see when the new show times are posted and available for ordering tickets? Do I need to just keep lurking on the website on the morning that is 30 days prior to the date we need tickets for? Any suggestions? Or any ideas on other ways to get tickets?
Thanks!

I've never thought about tapings fo rDisney shows, hopefully somene will come by to post. My girls would love to see a taping sometime :)

tvtickets.com has tickets for several Disney Channel Shows. They list them on their schedule a month before the show and you have to be quick because they go fast. If you do get tickets it is not a guarantee you will get in as they let in all the VIP ticket holders in first so make sure you get to the studio early to help your chances.

Just back late last night from our vacation and I can say that I'd totally skip trying to go to a Disney show taping in the summer. We logged on tvtickets exactly 30 days to the day we wanted to see a Jessie taping. We were thrilled to get the tickets we wanted and read to be there at least an hour earlier than the taping began. We drove 2 hours (in thick traffic) from Anneheim to LA on 8/10. Got to the Hollywood Center studios at noon and looked around to find out exactly where we would need to check in. We went back at 2:15 and about 25 people were already seated on the sidewalk waiting. The first guy said he got there just before 1PM. We also joined them on the sidewalk (grass and trees had lots and lots of ants), playing cards and chatting to others waiting. About 3:30, the pages came out and said to make a line for Austin and Ally and one for Jessie. We were #'s 4-7 in the Jessie line. They did not keep the same order as those in the original line, whoever got to the lines then just lined up. They checked our tickets and licenses/IDs. About 4:30, they said they were making 3 lines for each show: VIPs, AU holders and ticket holders. VIPs or "friends of the production cast" got first priority. They allowed them to get wrist bands and enter all the way up to 5PM. I'd say over half the kids were 5-8 years old who were going in with VIPs, obviously younger than the 10 year old minimum cut off advertised. The VIPs were supposed to be there by 4:30, but the shows accomodated all of them, even some that were not on the original list. The next people available to enter were the "AU" guests, who we quickly found out were original ticket holders who got bumped from other tapings they did not get into on previous taping attempts. They let in all the VIPs for both shows, and a couple of the AU guests (but not all of them). Then they told all of us ticket holders (about 60 plus for each show) that there was not a single seat left and we could get a card to become AU guests at another taping, but those were not also guaranteed. Kids were crying all over, parents were very upset, and they said to try for a taping in the fall, that summer was always packed. We spoke with the head woman letting in everyone, and she said she was sorry, and that we could wait around to see if anyone left later and we could get their seats. We waited until 5:30 and then left. About 10 others stuck around. We ate dinner at the Hard Rock cafe and stopped back about 8PM to see if any seats were available. The security guard told us that only 2 people had left the tapings, and that the guy and his son directly behind us in the 2nd line who had waited from 1:15-7:45 were able to get in. We felt like we had really wasted the day and would never have gone through this had we known that not getting there early would not guarantee us a seat. I know on the ticket it said that seats aren't guaranteed , that they are "first come, first serve" but we figured by being #'s 4-7 of people waiting, we would get in if we waited long enough. We had no clue that VIPs and AU guests existed and would be allowed in before us.

We are just back from our trip to California and I have to agree with PP that it's not worth the hassle for the tickets. I'm the original poster of the question and I headed everyone's advice and stalked the tvtickets.com website the morning that would be exactly 30 days prior to the show taping we wanted. I even called the number on the website the day before and talked to someone to make sure I understood the instructions. For the Disney shows, you can only order one ticket at a time and we needed six tickets so I wanted to make sure you really had to do that. I was told I did and when I asked how that would work if they sell out quickly while I'm trying to enter information six times, they told me it would take about an hour and a half for the tickets to sell out. Well, 30 days prior to the Jessie show taping we wanted to attend on August 17th, we were online right at 8:30am PT and it took about another 1/2 hour before the tickets were posted. We had four computers all working at the same time and managed to get four tickets for Jessie ordered (you have to be able to print them out on the spot - you don't get an email later). Then, when we tried to go back in about 15 minutes later to order the last two tickets, it was sold out!! We ended up getting two tickets to Austin & Ally instead, but it wasn't ideal that we would have to split up. Fast forward to our vacation and two days before the show taping we got an email saying that the Jessie taping was cancelled. One day before the show taping, we got another email to say that the Austin & Ally taping was still happening but that they were going to have so many VIPs that there would not be any room for the regular ticket holders. They offered us tickets to Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition which is a spin off from the Dance Moms reality show - kind of like a kids version of "So You Think You Can Dance". For the next two days, while while we were walking around the Hollywood Walk Of Fame, we were approached numerous times being offered tickets to this dance competition show so they were definitely desperate to get an audience. We went to the show taping on the 18th and it was in a big theatre in downtown LA - there were maybe 100 people in the audience and I bet the theatre held at least a couple thousand. It was fine because my kids are competitive dancers and they'd watch Dance Moms so they knew who Abby Lee Miller was (she was one of the judges along with a guy who was a choreaographer for Lady Gaga and the woman who started the Pussycat Dolls). The only hard part was that we were there for SIX hours for them to tape a less than 1 hour show! It was very long and tons of waiting around. They did feed us though and provided lots of bottled water, soda, etc. My kids were thrilled to be part of a show taping, but after hearing the PP's story, I'm glad we didn't get the Disney show tickets. This worked out fine for us, but be aware that the time commitment is big.

Sorry to hear that you didn't get to see any Disney show tapings either. I really think they need to re-vamp the way they do it. I did suggest that they email or call people (they have the contact info from signing up) in advance if they know they have too many VIPs that way others do not waste hours waiting in line to only find out they can't get a taping seat. I told my DH it's like the parks letting all the CM's invite friends and family to the parks and only letting in everyone else if they have space. I am not sure why they don't just have one huge friends and family party to meet the cast and let the fans who regularly watch the show get a chance to see it get taped. There were a lot of very angry adults and crying kids at the taping we tried to see who did not get in. What really got to us was the arrogance of the VIPs and many of them showing up an hour past their deadline, last minute to get in. Plus all of the really young VIP kids far younger than the age cut off listed for us "regular" ticket holders. One kid even pointed to our line and said "ha,ha, I'm a VIP and get in." The guy behind us said, "yeah, you are a Very Ignorant Person."

As far as getting the tickets 30 days from the taping, I used the back button on my I- phone and just changed first names to get our 4 tickets. I was away from home and did not have a printer available, so I took screen shots of the tickets after each one processed. When we were lined up to try and get in at the studios, the pages came out an hour before the taping and looked at the screen shot of the tickets, looked at my driver's license, checked our names off their list, and gave us our numbers in line accordingly.

Hi,
We have tickets to a taping next month. I am hoping because it is not Summer it won't be as hard but I am nervous since coming from NorCal. Bringing my daughter for her 10th Birthday. Has anyone have a good experience at a Jesse taping? Has anyone gone lately?

So we drove from Nor Cal and were second in line but did not get in. Neither did the first in line. Too many VIP's. The did send me a courtesy email the day before saying that they were expecting many VIP's but we were already on our way. My take...If you go it is a total gamble. The odds are against you but you might get lucky. Or take it this way...you will probably get in but you will have to go twice. Once you are turned away, you get a card that will enable you to get in before the regular Audience Unlimited ticket holders but after VIP's. Still, you are likely to get in assuming you are getting there before 3pm. We will try again when they start shooting in the Summer.

Greetings!

I just got tickets to a taping of Austin and Ally, but when I did some more research to find out how early I should show up, I found this thread and also another interesting story from last year about going to see ANT Farm. (I can't post links, but you can google "virtual tourist disney studio audience" and it should be the first link)

Now I'm feeling deflated after the excitement of getting the tickets. Anyone else have any experience with this studio? I want to hear more, good or bad!

Also, the whole street parking thing has me a little concerned.

Erg, I wish I hadn't told my daughter about this because now I feel like I've set us up for a big disappointment.

I don't want to dash your hopes of getting in but it is basically a crap shoot. Your tickets are basically "seat filler" seats. If there are no seats to fill, you will be sent away. Basically it works like this: You show up and everyone is in one line. We showed up and camped out at 12:30 and there were already two people in line. But that does not matter that much as half the people that show up behind you will be Vip's who, no matter what time you get there, will get in before you.

About an hour or more before the show they break the line up into three groups...1. VIP-guest of cast and set 2. Tier 2 VIP-Those who have been turned away at previous shows 3. all others.

Then as you can guess, they start letting people in.
My advice to you is that if you get an email from Audience Unlimited saying that they have a lot of cast and crew VIP going...Don't show up. Even if you are first in line, chances are not good. We took a chance anyhow and no one from our line (group 3) got in.

That being said, I did talk to a lady in line and she had seen Ant Farm twice and Austin and Allie once and got in all three times and said it was great. So if you don't get an overbooked email...I say go for it but set up expectations with your kid.

We are going next month to see Jesse with our VIP status that we got for being turned away. Good luck.

Forgot to mention about parking. We parked a little less than a mile away by Jack in The Box and walked. It wasn't too bad. Parking near by is next to impossible.

Update: I'm still in shock about it, but we got in!

My daughter was insistent about taking the gamble and waiting most of the day, and since this is just as much her vacation, I agreed.

After driving around, we ended up at a parking garage in a Target shopping center on the corner of La Brea/Santa Monica. the center was open till 11pm and it was a $12 max charge - perfect!

We got to the studio at 12:40ish and were the first ones there. Minutes later a group of five showed up, and not long after that another family of 3. So I would say that by 1:30 there were 10 of us and everyone else trickled in after that. Much later some VIPs showed up and started lining up on the other side of the gate. The one father in the family of 3 spent a lot of time trying to get deets and was worried when some non-VIP people were hanging out in the other line and he wanted to make sure that when AU showed up to corral everyone that they would know who really were first in line.

This whole time I was in awe of my 10 yr old's patience, and relieved she didn't need to go pee at all.

Anyway, AU came around 3pm and started marking our tickets with our place in line (my daughter and I were #1) and to the one dad's relief there was no confusion as to our places. haha. Anyway, as time went on, all the VIPs were checked in, and after that there were only about 5 previous ticket holders waiting with the rest of us. I think around 4:30 they quietly told everyone after #10 that they had no chance and arranged for them to be future "previous ticket holders." The previous ticket holders got in, and then finally shortly after 5pm they let us 10 general ticket holders in.

The taping ended around 9ish (they gave us some snacks midway through) and then everyone got their picture taken with the cast.

I was worried about us walking back to the car, and made sure we walked quickly and practically in the street in full view of Santa Monica Blvd traffic the whole time. We were in our car by 10pm and completely exhausted. And my daughter was completely over the moon at her experience.

ETA: we didn't get an overbooked e-mail, but I was still worried because a previous taping had been cancelled and this was the first taping of the season and I was sure that all the VIPs would descend on this particular taping for those reasons.

After 6 months, and being turned away first time we got AU Guest tickets.
We booked and it got cancelled on us twice. We finally got a date and drove from Nor Cal. We were treated well. We got right in and met all the cast, got autographs and took pics with them. Some things to note. They did NOT feed us. Just crackers and raisins. Another interesting fact is that they actually film very few episodes in front of a live audience. This is what we were told, anyway. Also, if you get tickets, don't plan your vaca around them. The chance of your taping getting cancelled is high. They told me the studios need to be very flexible when working with kids. It took about 4 hours to tap half a show. The other half was taped the night before and they would show us these parts too. All in all, it was a fun time and worth waiting for as long as you have patience. My kid was in heaven and now asking to see Austin and Alley.
YIKES

After 6 months, and being turned away first time we got AU Guest tickets.
We booked and it got cancelled on us twice. We finally got a date and drove from Nor Cal. We were treated well. We got right in and met all the cast, got autographs and took pics with them. Some things to note. They did NOT feed us. Just crackers and raisins. Another interesting fact is that they actually film very few episodes in front of a live audience. This is what we were told, anyway. Also, if you get tickets, don't plan your vaca around them. The chance of your taping getting cancelled is high. They told me the studios need to be very flexible when working with kids. It took about 4 hours to tap half a show. The other half was taped the night before and they would show us these parts too. All in all, it was a fun time and worth waiting for as long as you have patience. My kid was in heaven and now asking to see Austin and Alley.
YIKES

Can you tell me how you were able to take pictures and get autographs? They say we have to leave all electronics at home, what did you take pics with? We got tickets to Liv and Maddie for early April, hoping to get in and wouldn't want to miss an opportunity for a picture but don't want get my phone or camera removed from my person. Any advice would be appreciated! thank you!

At the end of the show, you are called up in groups and lean over the rail while the cast from down below signs your print out of the script front page that the production company gives you. Don't listen to them about not bringing phone. Bring it. Better yet, bring a small camera.
Now, every show is different so you may have a different experience but we actually met the kid that plays Liv and Maddie's brother when he took a bathroom break. lol. He was nice and took a pic with us so I am guessing the cast will be open to it. My advice is to get an 8x10 of the stars and bring that too so you have something nice to autograph.

Going to be in LA from the 21st to the 30th of July 2014.

Is Austin and Ally, or Jessie, Dog with a Blog, etc..., taping in the middle of the summer during this period ?

I have read through this thread, and would welcome any tips on getting tickets for my 10 year old daughter and myself.

Many thanks,

Sophie

Austin & Aly has already filmed their series finale, so they won't be taping. Jessie has not been renewed yet. You can check the ticket website 60 days in advance to see the future tape dates that will be available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter