Disney changed ticket that didn’t need changing

APiratesLifeForMe2

DIS Veteran
My in-laws called to add two days to their 6 day park hopper purchased before the date based tickets. They had to convert to date based (totally fine, knew that would happen). Should have stopped there. What Disney also did was convert my sister in-law from an old 6 day park hopper to a new 6 day date based park hopper. Charged them $29 to do so. My SIL ticket didn’t need changing at all, she was not adding on days. Why did they do this and can anything be done to fix? MIL called back but they told her can’t do anything now.

(Edited to fix spelling error)

Last edited:
Other things to do.

1. SIL could go to Guest Relations when down there, before using the ticket for the first time, Bring a receipt of what happened originally,
2. SIL needs to write requesting a refund of the upcharge. Send a copy of the receipt of what happened originally,

1. SIL needs to call again (the purpose is to get a second opinion namely from a second CM).
2. SIL needs to write requestion a refund of the upcharge.
I would also request it changed back to a non-date based ticket or at the very least, given a flex option added for no cost.

I would also request it changed back to a non-date based ticket or at the very least, given a flex option added for no cost.
I’m sure their system won’t allow them to change back since it’s not an option anymore. Flex option would be a good idea but she will use all the days for this trip so no real benefit.

Other things to do.

1. SIL could go to Guest Relations when down there, before using the ticket for the first time, Bring a receipt of what happened originally,
2. SIL needs to write requesting a refund of the upcharge. Send a copy of the receipt of what happened originally,
Thank you. This is a great backup plan if we can’t get anywhere via phone

Are they all on a package together? If so, everyone on the reservation has to have the same components.
That't not entirely true. I have been an AP who was on a package. I had to call Disney to get them to remove the ticket entitlement and there was no issue keeping my sister with a 6-day package ticket and me having no package ticket. This would work if you are paying full price for a package (with or without dining). If you get Free Dining, then you would need to purchase a ticket (but you can have some people with the minimum 2-day and others with their actual ticket entitlement).

If she's going to use all the days is the only issue the $29? Simply call someone back and ask for a refund and if you don't think you're getting anywhere challenge it with the credit card company saying you never authorized the charge and that you only requested a change for 2 tickets and not 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts