Disney changed our FP+....Interesting.

You must be. I am looking under attractions in MDE on my laptop. Dinosaur is open 9-7:30 on EMH days with an 8am opening and 9:30-7:30 on days the park is open 9-8. When the park hours have been extended which they were done after my original search, then the ride hours are 9:30-8:30 with the park open 9-9 and 8:30-8:30 with the park open 8-9 over Thanksgiving week. That is the information I have off of the Disney website.

Here’s a screenshot I took off Disney’s page as well. You can see the time in the lower right. For this Sat they still have it open at 9 am, 8 am for EMH....they are showing 9:30 for today, amd were showing 9 am for yesterday. Seems like it’s still a moving target. I’ll know for sure on Saturday!

upload_2018-10-16_0-34-44.png

Our Dinosaur FP for 11/15 was changed from 10:15-11:15am to 11:15-12:15pm. I also looked at the hours for the ride and it says 9:30am-7:30pm. I have been wondering why they would move our FP up an hour... it still works for us, I just thought it was odd.

Here’s a screenshot I took off Disney’s page as well. You can see the time in the lower right. For this Sat they still have it open at 9 am, 8 am for EMH....they are showing 9:30 for today, amd were showing 9 am for yesterday. Seems like it’s still a moving target. I’ll know for sure on Saturday!

View attachment 358724
Like I said. They changed the park hours since the last time I looked. When I rechecked last night I saw the same thing you did and thought I had explained that in my answer last night. It is because there is EMH at 8 that Sat and the park is open until 9pm sot the ride opens at 9am and closes at 8:30pm. This is the exact pattern as before only extended due to the park being open earlier and later. It happens again the week of Thanksgiving. If there is no EMH Dinosaur is opening a half hour after the park does and is closing a half hour before the park does no matter what. If there is EMH in the am it is opening an hour after EMH starts. It still is less hours for Dinosaur than earlier in the year. It used to be open from park opening to close.

Our Dinosaur FP for 11/15 was changed from 10:15-11:15am to 11:15-12:15pm. I also looked at the hours for the ride and it says 9:30am-7:30pm. I have been wondering why they would move our FP up an hour... it still works for us, I just thought it was odd.
That is the point of this thread. Several people have had FP's randomly moved because they changed the ride hours after you made your FP's. I think they had to accommodate all the FP's they had to eliminate when they cut ride hours. Dinosaur is now open 9:30-7:30 when the park is open 9:00-8:00. That is an hour less of ride time they had to account for. I hope this helps.

My FP for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was changed from 9:15 pm to 9:40 pm on Nov. 19, which potentially interferes with Happily Ever After. Not a huge deal, but.......wish they would let me make my own plans.

I have heard good things about Maxpass - though do wish there was like a “family rate” or something as $50/day for my family adds up ... and we don’t need 5 photo accounts so that value goes down after the first person
I agree completely. For 1 or 2 people it is OK, but for a family of 4 is is 40. We normally go for the max of 5 days (don’t get me started on that, we used to get 10 day passes for DL) so that is an extra 200. Having 4 photo packages is redundant. The one advantage though is that you only need to wait up to 90 minutes instead of 2 hours to get your next FP.

My FP for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was changed from 9:15 pm to 9:40 pm on Nov. 19, which potentially interferes with Happily Ever After. Not a huge deal, but.......wish they would let me make my own plans.
On Dec 3 they changed my PP fastpass from 9:30 to 6. Unfortunately that put me in regular park hours for my DAH ticket, and it made me drop a day of fastpasses.

On Dec 3 they changed my PP fastpass from 9:30 to 6. Unfortunately that put me in regular park hours for my DAH ticket, and it made me drop a day of fastpasses.
I understood the changes in the FP's for AK. I don't understand the random changes for MK. It doesn't seem like they changed the ride hours after we made FP's I know they added hours to MK to 10pm which should have added FP's. I just don't get why this is happening at MK. Has this ever happened to anyone before?

This makes me real nervous for our upcoming Christmas week trip. FP for the headliners is hard enough to get and now Disney is changing them to times that suit them instead of the guest. We are planning on mornings in the parks, leave after our lunch ADR for resort time. I really hope they don't screw with our FP. Day after day, Disney is giving us a little less magic. Universal is looking better and better for our future trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter